Found Deceased TX - Athena Strand, 7, last seen at home, 200 block County Rd 3573, Paradise, 30 Nov 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tensions in the home ?
Still on the fence regarding a neighbor/predator kidnapping Athena.

Not sure what to think.
She is certainly NOT hiding somewhere.

If the dogs circled around the house and followed her scent back to the front of the house or driveway, she left or was taken by vehicle.
M00.

Don’t mean to be negative, but this is worrisome. (Maybe reminds me of the Gannon Stauch case.)
Hoping for the very best outcome.
As per usu, I was telling my husband about Althena’s case and the first words out of his mouth, ‘sounds like Gannon’s case’. Gosh I hope not but.. :(

moo ymmv JMVHAspieO

I see both opinions. Personally, I think the sense of urgency is missing because he's been in LE for 50 years (stated by him when reporter asked about LE's experience), and he understands the likelihood of this ending with a safe, alive Athena is miniscule. :(
bolding mine.
Agreed 100 %.

My anger is at the possibility that another child may have lost their lives due to someone else.
Not again !

We don't know who, but the change in wording to an investigation leading to a search makes me think LE have some idea of what might have happened ?
Grrr. :mad:
Imo.

I see both opinions. Personally, I think the sense of urgency is missing because he's been in LE for 50 years (stated by him when reporter asked about LE's experience), and he understands the likelihood of this ending with a safe, alive Athena is miniscule. :(

I was shocked at him being in LE for 50 years. I don't know if I have ever seen somebody still working in LE at his age. You are correct in that it may be the reason for his demeanor.
I really hope they get a FLIR up tonight and they find her. I keep holding onto success stories about other kids who are found days later and are okay.

Fox4 reporter
Breaking: We were talking to neighbors on CR 4599, roughly 7 mi away from Athena Strand’s Paradise home. Suddenly, we were approached by Wise Co. Sheriff’s deputies & told to move back immediately. We saw law enforcement gathering near a deep ditch on the side of the road.
Oh my gosh, this explains why the helicopter is now circling there. Red arrow is 4599

1670024125043.png

Doubtful; any route from the Decatur area to south of FW is going to be going through miserable traffic from about 3-6PM. School let out and commuter rush would make a 50-60 mile drive more like an hour and a half to two hours, assuming he didn't stop somewhere for gas and spend another 20 minutes waiting to get to a pump.
You are exactly right. I was going to post the same thing. Add an hour to any trip if you have to go thru the DFW Metroplex!

From this link, the reporters said (paraphrased),"... that LE have not said what time the dad left for the hunting trip ; only that he was gone when Athena arrived home ..." ?

Confusing, LE has only stated was not there when went missing, maybe that is what they mean- will have to wait for more details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me