Not open for further replies.
Arrest and Complaint issued last night 3/20/18
Jeff Stensland
‏
Verified account

@JeffStensland
1m1 minute ago
More
JUST IN: Arrest warrant issued last night against Mark Conditt, the suspected #AustinBombing suspect, on one federal count Receive/Possess/Transfer Destructive Device. #AustinBombings

View attachment 131820
View attachment 131821

IMO it seems like he wanted to have a confrontation with LE and go out with a bang. Thankfully he wasn't able to take them with him!

Found the sister's FB page. It is a public page and people are posting on it fast and furious. *seriously ?*

I highly doubt the home schooling was the issue. Unless his family was abusive (ALA Turpins') ??

We know some home schooling people and they have well adjusted children; are active in their churches and in local activities ( public library, Little League, youth soccer, etc.....).

My .02 at this time is that he was an injustice collector and also wonder if he was on any meds ?

I do wonder if he was being homeschooled because of behavioral problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Three sisters homeschooled as well.

I read on here that he attended community college at age 15. Is that correct?

He seemed to have a thing against homosexuality which often is a cover for one’s own feelings.

I doubt with a possible upbringing such as his that he would feel that he would be accepted if that in fact was his preference.

Exactly. Learning that and looking for things in the news to reinforce those ideas as lessons.

Learning that you and your family are better.

What in the heck is tgejustfying of sex offenders? He is rigid on other issues but forgiving of that. Has to be personal somehow. Friend, family member. Himself?

AHA- Sex Offenders, speaking of...... The church Austin Stone Community had a Director/Elder named Larry Cotton,
who covered up a reported sexual assault of a young female church member, who claimed she was assaulted
by a Youth Pastor of the church. Instead of reporting to police he advised young girl to clam up and never tell anyone
and transferred youth pastor to another church campus. Big scandal- Google will verify.
So this may be why MAC is defending sexual offenders. ????
Or maybe it's accepted in this church and his family. ????

Anything on him being or had been in a relationship?

I bet "no". These mass murderers are typically alienated losers who can't get dates and take out their sexual frustration and inability to integrate into society on the world.

So happy people in Austin are safe now!

Wondering if media are already calling this "Quiet kid" "well behaved" "went to church", etc. as often happens when perpretators are not a person of color. Let's call him a criminal, a terrorist, that's what he is.

Sorry for his family, though

He indeed is a terrorist and a criminal. My gosh he's even a suicide bomber.

The lesson here is that alienated misfits draw on any excuse to commit murder and mayhem. They will pervert religious or political ideologies to justify their insanity. But regardless of skin color, ethnicity or religious background they share commonalities. Typically an inability to adjust, (societal alienation), narcissistic rage due to deep-seated feelings of inadequacy, powerlessness and entitlement and sexual frustrations sometimes due to strict religious beliefs and other times due to awkwardness, or both.

I think that would take awhile. The cases I read often involve teens who commit violent acts have attended public schools...not home schooled.

I would guess there are far more teens who have committed violent crimes who attended a public school.

But I do agree, that never seems to be stressed when it almost always is when the suspect was home schooled. I don't understand why that is though since more and more children are being home schooled, and are excelling much more than they are becoming people like this bomber.

The ones I know who have been home schooled are very smart and very social with great verbal communication with many partaking in social/sports events at a nearby high school. They are also able to obtain well paying jobs too.

I really don't think him being home schooled years ago has one thing to do with how he turned out at the age of 23. JMO

Maybe not but maybe so.

Vastly more kids attend a public or private school than are homeschooled yet we hear a lot of horrific abuse cases involving home-schooled kids and there have been a few homeschooled adults who do things like this. If homeschooling was so wonderful there would be far less such people given the ratio. All these murderers were homeschooled (That's a lot for a small population of people):

http://hsinvisiblechildren.org/homeschool-homicide-database/

But I'm not against it. I don't think homeschooling is wrong. I think part of the issue is that kids with behavioral issues may be more likely to be homeschooled because they typically don't do well in public or private school settings.

However, I also do think that some who homeschool have extreme religious and political ideas and view society with distrust. That can have a huge impact on certain personalities and coupled with limited, intensive exposure to diverse populations, as well as to popular culture, this can help create suspicious misfits.

Finally, some people homeschool as a means to hide family dysfunction which also can be an explanation.

His long time friend said he was, and MAC was very religious according to this friend.

RSBM

Daily Mail's first article was that he was a "devout christian" ; later changed to "homeschooled christian". Well ? Which was it, DM ? Can you be more coherent ? Never mind.

Possibly from a church like Westboro Baptist ? Although they're known more for hate speech.

Just call him what he is/was : A domestic terrorist , murderer, suicide bomber. And a worthless .

My utmost sympathies to the families of the deceased and for the survivors who are healing from their injuries !!!
Precious lives lost to a murderous, evil monster.

Judgemental Violence- exactly !

Based on what I've seen soo far-

He was homeschooled cause parents did not want him mingling and being influenced by heavily minority schools he would have to attend.

Parents are devout Christians- fundamentalist maybe?

Very Conservative values in home and family

Grew up angry and resentful and taught by parents that the 'system' helped minorities but not him.

IMO- the making of a home grown terrorist

Where has it been said that he was homeschooled because his parents didn't want him around minority students?

I think we need a link for that kind of accusation against the parents...kind of unfair if not verified.

Found the sister's FB page. It is a public page and people are posting on it fast and furious. *seriously ?*

I highly doubt the home schooling was the issue. Unless his family was abusive (ALA Turpins') ??

We know some home schooling people and they have well adjusted children; are active in their churches and in local activities ( public library, Little League, youth soccer, etc.....).

My .02 at this time is that he was an injustice collector and also wonder if he was on any meds ?

The mother's FB profile just disappeared.

MAC walking into delivery store 3/19/2018 different size packages. The gloves are what makes it off to me.
MAC carrying in packages march 19 2018.JPG

Just drove by there. Took me exactly 4 minutes to get there, with traffic. Gah.

Anyway... VERY heavy police presence. They have the entire road (Railroad) closed down now. Media is completely lining the streets. If I had to guess, across the entire scene, there's about 60 police cars, several FBI vans, and a military style truck just drove in a minute ago (assuming bomb guys). They may be about to detonate something. Or have found something significant. The house is pretty tiny. They have police tape all the way down to the end of the street (Pecan) and several businesses in between closed down (from Pecan, all the way to Walnut, down Railroad).

Anyway... just wanted to let everyone know what my eyeballs saw. Scary, very surreal scene over there, made me ill driving by. I used to play at the park closeby as a kid. I drive by that street DAILY. DAILY!!!

I really feel for his family.

AHA- Sex Offenders, speaking of...... The church Austin Stone Community had a Director/Elder named Larry Cotton,
who covered up a reported sexual assault of a young female church member, who claimed she was assaulted
by a Youth Pastor of the church. Instead of reporting to police he advised young girl to clam up and never tell anyone
and transferred youth pastor to another church campus. Big scandal- Google will verify.
So this may be why MAC is defending sexual offenders. ????
Or maybe it's accepted in this church and his family. ????

highly disturbing!!

His long time friend said he was, and MAC was very religious according to this friend.

For those wondering how a murderer can consider themselves or actually be religious, the concept of a cosmic war explains it:

A “cosmic war” is an imagined battle between metaphysical forces—good and evil, right and wrong, order and chaos—that lies behind many cases of religion-related violence in the contemporary world. These transcendent spiritual images have been implanted onto the social and political scene, magnifying ordinary worldly conflict into sacred encounter. There is nothing specific to Christianity, Islam, or any other religion about this idea of cosmic war. Every religious tradition contains images of grand battles that have a divine valence to them. Hence every religion has some kind of mythic or legendary scenario of warfare that can be transported into contemporary conflict and elevate a social or political confrontation into cosmic war.

Keywords: war, religious violence, martyrdom, terrorism, jihad, holy war

http://religion.oxfordre.com/view/1...99340378.001.0001/acrefore-9780199340378-e-65

(Much more at link).

Just drove by there. Took me exactly 4 minutes to get there, with traffic. Gah.

Anyway... VERY heavy police presence. They have the entire road (Railroad) closed down now. Media is completely lining the streets. If I had to guess, across the entire scene, there's about 60 police cars, several FBI vans, and a military style truck just drove in a minute ago (assuming bomb guys). They may be about to detonate something. Or have found something significant. The house is pretty tiny. They have police tape all the way down to the end of the street (Pecan) and several businesses in between closed down (from Pecan, all the way to Walnut, down Railroad).

Anyway... just wanted to let everyone know what my eyeballs saw. Scary, very surreal scene over there, made me ill driving by. I used to play at the park closeby as a kid. I drive by that street DAILY. DAILY!!!

I really feel for his family.

So is it the blue house on 2nd street? The one with crime scene tape. Thanks be safe

IMO it seems like he wanted to have a confrontation with LE and go out with a bang. Thankfully he wasn't able to take them with him!

I wonder if it was that deliberate from the beginning? He may not have realized how quickly he would be rolled up. Because of the rapidly changing circumstance in the past couple of days, he might have been making emotional decisions that came to a final end on a highway. If he had a plan, he might have actually escaped and gone underground somewhere else.

Austin Police Dept
‏Verified account @Austin_Police
3m3 minutes ago
More
Investigators have detained two roommates of the Austin bombing suspect. One roommate was detained, questioned and released. The other is currently being questioned. Their names will not be released because they are not under arrest at this time. APD PIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ezynig101