TX - Austin Package Bombs #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am EXTREMELY curious who was on the list of addresses. I still feel like at least some of this was targeted. I'm not sure what to make of the trip wire with children at play signs. Is that some kind of commentary? That was obviously not targeted at one specific person but absolutely sounds like a demand for attention. It could be he bought signs based on shape or size and not what they said.

This is not someone having a manic episode. I really wish people and the media would call this what it is, domestic terrorism. It's ridiculous they don't when the perpetrator is white which happens many times.

Drug dealer house? Your reasoning is because of many coming and goings? I have kids and if someone thought comings and goings meant drugs then I guess with that reasoning I have a meth lab in the basement. There has been no mention of drugs. The facts given this sways me more in the arena of anger and perhaps the impulsiveness of a manic state. He started and just didn’t stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you're taking the statement personally, yes - generally when there are lots of people coming and going from a home I assume there's dealing going on, rural OR urban. No matter who's living there.

I can understand all of the temptations we all have but not killing is a whole different ball game , especially something like this.

I think the point is no matter ones ideology, there are people who completely go against their proclaimed beliefs, and commit acts like murder. Acting as if it’s so bizarre or interesting that a church goer would be seen at a bar, or even commit murder, is not being genuine to human nature. We are all flawed. How flawed is the question...and no ideology prevents murder or other crimes completely. There are murderers/criminals and people just capable of heinous acts from every walk of life, who wear many different masks.

I would be extremely surprised if there were drugs involved. I mean, marijuana, possibly... but hardcore drugs? I don't see it. Of course, I never would have suspected THIS in that neighborhood either... so who knows. But drugs really aren't a huge problem in this neck of the woods.

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if he or his roommates smoked but pot doesn't make you violent. It's pretty normal for college students to come and go at weird hours. They have parties. Some folks like to let people crash on the couch or wherever. I'm still a bit unclear who owned this house. I saw something this morning about maybe his dad helping purchase property for him? If that wasn't right was he paying rent. Or crashing there?

Lots of info here : https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...hony-conditt?utm_term=.vp2r5KwPZL#.laKz7J2pMr

snip

Schultz 21, told BuzzFeed News that she ran in the same conservative survivalist circles in high school as Conditt.

Schultz said they were both involved in a group called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), a Bible study and outdoors group for homeschooled kids that included monthly activities such as archery, gun skills, and water balloon fights. Conditt and his younger sister would usually attend the activities along with 15 to 20 other kids, according to Schultz.

“A lot of us were very into science; we would discuss chemicals and how to mix them and which ones were dangerous,” said Schultz, who is now a house painter. “We were into weapons and stuff. A lot of us did role-playing, and RPG [role-playing games]; we’d have foam weapons and act out a battle.”

Schultz described Conditt as a "pretty normal kid." She said that a lot of children who were part of RIOT carried knives and learned how to shoot guns at gun ranges, but she didn't recall bombs or bomb-making being a specific topic of discussion at RIOT.

RIOT events also included 30 minutes to an hour of Bible study, Schultz said.

She said she attended Bible study at Conditt’s parents' home, where they would study a Bible passage and talk about how it applied to their daily lives. She described the family as “more conservative, strictly religious.”

“[Mark Conditt] always had deep and interesting insights, from what I remember," Schultz said. "He thought really deeply about stuff."

Wonder if his sister will apply for the $115,000 reward?

Anyone familiar with Austin Stone Community Church on St. Johns Ave.?

Darn..I keep missing an MSN re sister. Sorry to ask again, can someone repost article or LE re sister. I thought it was just a rumor Getting Legs here on the threads, but it appears that it is so I just keep missing the link people are posting. Thank you

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me if he or his roommates smoked but pot doesn't make you violent. It's pretty normal for college students to come and go at weird hours. They have parties. Some folks like to let people crash on the couch or wherever. I'm still a bit unclear who owned this house. I saw something this morning about maybe his dad helping purchase property for him? If that wasn't right was he paying rent. Or crashing there?
In the Travis County tax records, MAC is listed as co-owner with his dad of a property. I think it's where the activity is, but not sure.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Well the 'new' pot on the street is laced with PCP or fentanyl both of which WILL make you violent. See the recent news of the college kid in Michigan who shot his parents in his dorm after Oding on laced pot.

So happy people in Austin are safe now!

Wondering if media are already calling this "Quiet kid" "well behaved" "went to church", etc. as often happens when perpretators are not a person of color. Let's call him a criminal, a terrorist, that's what he is.

Sorry for his family, though

He can be, and is, all of those things: quiet, well-behaved, went to church, criminal, terrorist. This guy is also a son, neighbor, friend, community member. He’s also a murderer.

IMO, “othering” him to the point that he’s solely an evil monster — a hump-backed, googly-eyed character or trope — inhibits anyone from understanding why it happened or how to prevent it in the future. It might makes us feel safer in the short term, but it doesn’t actually protect us from anything.

Darn..I keep missing an MSN re sister. Sorry to ask again, can someone repost article or LE re sister. I thought it was just a rumor Getting Legs here on the threads, but it appears that it is so I just keep missing the link people are posting. Thank you

LE has not mentioned this but several early MSM reports did including CNN.

Such a shame. I feel deeply for his family and for Mark. I know that isn't a popular opinion, but to quote his (I believe) mother, what darkness must have sucked Mark in. I hope people respect the family as their grieve (I know they won't, people are horrible but I can still hope).

So that's where the two colors come in.

From one side of the street, it's blue.
If you're coming up the other direction, it appears yellow. Maybe that's why I was confused. So it's actually the same house, just different colors depending on how you're looking at it. Interesting.

Yes I was confused too. From one with FBI it appeared blue but front shows different. But it is a diff home from the one at the press conf..

Well the 'new' pot on the street is laced with PCP or fentanyl both of which WILL make you violent. See the recent news of the college kid in Michigan who shot his parents in his dorm after Oding on laced pot.

Is Fentanyl-Laced Marijuana Use on the Rise?
Nearly all reports of fentanyl-laced marijuana use are based on faulty reporting, and no evidence suggests that its occurrence is in any way rooted in reality.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fentanyl-laced-marijuana-rise/

Thats alot of bomb making while being in a busy house.

Something tells me his family were more scared of him than we were.

iseeu.png

RSBM

Nothing 'funny' about this ..... but that wig, though.

(Reminds me of the one Amanda Bynes wore in court.)

And didn't the gloves seem a bit weird , to the employee ?

I posted on Reddit that he may as well have labeled the boxes "bomb inside"! That wig and the gloves made him so suspicious looking!

Hey Everyone,

Great article from the Wall Street Journal:

Stunned family members and friends said they saw no signs of the reign of violence he would unleash on the Austin area this month, mailing and setting off package bombs that killed two people and wounded several more.
“We had no idea of the darkness that Mark must have been in,” said his aunt, Shanee Courtney, adding, “For him to flip like this is extraordinary. I’m sorry we couldn’t have seen it.”
https://www.wsj.com/articles/austin...-college-dropout-known-for-dry-wit-1521660620

Doesn't it seem odd that they wouldn't know what he was up to?

Travis Alexander's roommates were living with Travis' corpse for what, 2 days? People don't always keep track of their roommates that closely.

Lots of info here : https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnas...hony-conditt?utm_term=.vp2r5KwPZL#.laKz7J2pMr

snip

Schultz 21, told BuzzFeed News that she ran in the same conservative survivalist circles in high school as Conditt.

Schultz said they were both involved in a group called Righteous Invasion of Truth (RIOT), a Bible study and outdoors group for homeschooled kids that included monthly activities such as archery, gun skills, and water balloon fights. Conditt and his younger sister would usually attend the activities along with 15 to 20 other kids, according to Schultz.

“A lot of us were very into science; we would discuss chemicals and how to mix them and which ones were dangerous,” said Schultz, who is now a house painter. “We were into weapons and stuff. A lot of us did role-playing, and RPG [role-playing games]; we’d have foam weapons and act out a battle.”

Schultz described Conditt as a "pretty normal kid." She said that a lot of children who were part of RIOT carried knives and learned how to shoot guns at gun ranges, but she didn't recall bombs or bomb-making being a specific topic of discussion at RIOT.

RIOT events also included 30 minutes to an hour of Bible study, Schultz said.

She said she attended Bible study at Conditt’s parents' home, where they would study a Bible passage and talk about how it applied to their daily lives. She described the family as “more conservative, strictly religious.”

“[Mark Conditt] always had deep and interesting insights, from what I remember," Schultz said. "He thought really deeply about stuff."

Ooookaay. That's disturbing. There's the "cosmic war" mixing religion with training kids to mimic killing people. Knife fighting? Target practice with guns, mixed in with conservative religious instruction & Bible study?

:eek:hoh:

Here is one of the music videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8OIXBD5zQQ

This Carman guy sounds like a real huckster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carman_(singer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8