TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Including today's bombing and the past three bombings, looks like the bombs were delivered sometimes on Sunday night to early Monday morning (March 12 and March 19). The exception is the first bombing, which occurred on a Friday morning (March 2).

I wonder if anyone saw anyone drop something off before today's bombing.

I wonder if he/she is making a circle? Are there folks who are next on the list, off of Hwy 1 or Hwy 360? It seems he/she is jumping off of Interstate and state hwys, to hit folks within what it sort of a "beltway".

attachment.php

Attachments

• AustinBomber 3182018 111632 PM.jpg
    AustinBomber 3182018 111632 PM.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 198
I wonder if he/she is making a circle? Are there folks who are next on the list, off of Hwy 1 or Hwy 360? It seems he/she is jumping off of Interstate and state hwys, to hit folks within what it sort of a "beltway".

attachment.php

Hmmmmmm, that is interesting to think about. But why?

APD is TOP notch. They will find them. it's scary because the Rock throwing stuff went on for so long. how many more people does this person(s) plan on hurting? it's sickening.
Yes, creepily similar. Jeff Ward brought up the rock-throwing guy after the 2 incidents earlier this week.

It almost looks as if there may be two of them. One to do a drop off and wait, while the other sets the box trap. There is some type of area with trees, near each location, where a vehicle "might" could sit and wait for the drop off person to return. Just a guess. The person who is doing this, has to be wearing some really good, night time camouflage, head to toe.

It almost looks as if there may be two of them. One to do a drop off and wait, while the other sets the box trap. There is some type of area with trees, near each location, where a vehicle "might" could sit and wait for the drop off person to return. Just a guess. The person who is doing this, has to be wearing some really good, night time camouflage, head to toe.

Not necessarily.

I don't think there's a neighborhood in Austin that doesn't have people walking their dogs, running or biking, etc. almost all hours of the day. even late at night. so if they disguised themselves as a runner or whatever, it wouldn't be hard. hop out of a car, package in a backpack, walking clothes and gear, no one would look twice.

I'm still thinking on the why, SXSW had to stop a show tonight. This last one, is not that far from all the festivities. Folks out of town, staying at Airbnbs, BnBs, motels, etc... It is also interesting that The Roots were the band who was fixing to go on, when SXSW had to grind to a halt. Could be a coincidence though.

Edit: There is a White Nationalist Group in Austin, and two Black Nationalist Groups. Could things be heating up between two of these groups?

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map?...3NGYHSy9WISf10tpFbWlMPhIciMaEPVxoCc_IQAvD_BwE

I though it was a concert last night that was canceled? The Roots? Was there another one?

The suspect emailed a threat; he was arrested earlier today and police don't think he's linked to these other explosions. (Links upthread a page or two.)

I'm still thinking on the why, SXSW had to stop a show tonight. This last one, is not that far from all the festivities. Folks out of town, staying at Airbnbs, BnBs, motels, etc... It is also interesting that The Roots were the band who was fixing to go on, when SXSW had to grind to a halt. Could be a coincidence though

Not necessarily.

I don't think there's a neighborhood in Austin that doesn't have people walking their dogs, running or biking, etc. almost all hours of the day. even late at night. so if they disguised themselves as a runner or whatever, it wouldn't be hard. hop out of a car, package in a backpack, walking clothes and gear, no one would look twice.

Someone would take notice, at this point, I'd think. Of course you could be right. He could even have a UPS or Postal uni, with a cap, and it would be difficult to make features out, unless you just knew the guy. I don't think they have film or they'd release that to the public.

I though it was a concert last night that was canceled? The Roots? Was there another one?

The suspect emailed a threat; he was arrested earlier today and police don't think he's linked to these other explosions. (Links upthread a page or two.)

You're right. I got confused... That was some idiot needing his :15 minutes. Well, he got it.

[FONT=&amp]Peter J. Hasson‏Verified account @peterjhassonFollowFollow
@peterjhasson​
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]NEW:
- Austin police chief says police clearing a backpack in the area near the first explosion.
- Residents in the area are instructed to stay in their homes until an agent comes to their door.
- Chief estimates will take until daylight to hit all homes

https://twitter.com/peterjhasson/status/975575669714358273

[/FONT]

Okay, I'm trying to keep these straight, is the backpack, near the very first explosion at 1100 Haverford block, or is it a 2nd suspicious package (backpack), near the explosion earlier tonight, at Eagle Feather?

Just got an emergency alert on my phone about APD working in local area. Weird, I thought it was an Amber Alert.

Maybe, he lives at one of the junctions. Like the one at 1100 block of Haverford, was closest starting out. He may live in that area, but not super close, but close enough that the route is easy to jump on and jump off of. He can't stay too close to home, ya can't foul your own nest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay