TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is a group maybe claiming responsibility would put them at risk of being caught. Say if the Dallas Cowboys* claimed responsibility LE would know where to start looking and there would be a limited number of suspects.

*for an apolitical example

It seems that they would be making it obvious with their choice of victims, but so far I'm not seeing that.

maybe the perp works inside the drop off place?

how far away is the drop off place from the first three

we should throw out where it went off last night that was accident --so in terms of proximity stuff lets ignore where it went it off

so does that take us back to a much closer radius as far as all the prior ones??

Remain confused as to where location wise the second one that did have explosive but did not go off is located and remain confused as to why that is not being reported on more

personally I want to know what that is all about

Does anyone - local or otherwise - know/could shed some light on Antifa?

I only ask because of some things I heard from I think Steven Crowder(?) who was on Joe Rogan podcast awhile ago, and he & another guy went undercover to an Antifa meeting and the way he talked about the group seemed extremely dangerous. Correct me if I'm wrong and you know what I'm referring to, but it seemed they were very active in exchanging firearms, planning attacks, etc.

I also saw an assault at a local coffee shop in Austin last week involving two well-to-do men, one attacking and accusing the other of being a member of Antifa. They could have been delusional or just a little unhinged, but it was enough for me to remember it.

Any ideas from anyone who knows anything about the group as to how/if that could be involved?

I'm not really leaning towards radical groups yet because there has been no real consistency in the bombings- as in any ethnicity/ race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. being targeted (that is obvious at this point, anyway). They don't seem to be targeting neighborhoods in the process of being "gentrified" or new neighborhoods or business districts continuing "urban sprawl", so I can't see any connection that would point to a group or "cause" being the reason. Of course, that could change.

Yeah, I'm still mostly thinking lone wolf. Just working stuff out in my head until we know more. (I have friends in Austin and I'll start freaking out if I don't distract myself with the sleuthing side.)

I know none of us can read the mind of this dangerous person but imo, its a possibility he detonated this package himself which can be done with him not even being close by at the time. I have read bombs can be exploded by the bomber through a hand held device such as a cell phone.

He seems way too calculating to have one of his bombs go off prematurely. So I wouldn't be surprised if he activated it inside of the Fed-Ex package terminal to instill for more reaching fear.

I was watching the PC on Fox a few minutes ago and actually was very frustrated by their non answers. It leads me to believe they are not even close to knowing who this bomber/s is and I am sure the citizens in these areas got the same vibes.

The FBI agent's answers were ridiculous. He said they had only entered the facility (implying it just happened) and then stated they entered three hours ago but have not even looked at the box or explosion site yet????

This is going to slow package deliveries in that area down to a crawl because whether its Fed-EX, UPS, or USPS they all know they could be the next one that has a package with a bomb in it. The most frightening thing is nothing is stopping the bomber/s from going way outside of the present areas to ship another bomb. They could keep widening out the areas even going to an adjoining state and sending the packages from there.

This bomber/s knows no boundaries. He/they seem to delight in changing up their MO to keep all LE agencies in the dark as to where they may go next.

Imo, like I said yesterday, the bomber/s is of higher intelligence and this has become a 'catch me if you think you can' with them believing they are much smarter than all of those who are trying to catch them. Its like a game of chess and he knows the police has no clue as to what the next move will be.

And I believe they really have no idea what his motive may be and are only espousing opinions without any facts to back them up. Just like we have heard from LE in the past when a case/s is unsolved where they implied the victim/s were targeted by someone they knew even before an arrest had been made of the actual suspect.

Several times LE wound up with egg on their face because the evidence did not line up with their premature opinions which showed the victims did not know the suspect. I just wish they would stop throwing out theories prematurely. The true motive of this maniac can only become known once they know who he/she/ they are or they begin to contact either someone in LE or the media which I find doubtful. I have not really been that impressed with the investigators in this case. JMO

IMO

http://www.kxan.com/live-stream

ok confirmed there was a bomb in the other one

but i am getting lost as to where this is going on

they now just said both were sent from the same location but where is the the location of the one that was intercepted and did not go off

getting frustrated while your anchor is talking about three investigations and graphic shows two places I remain bewildered

what exactly I am not connecting here?

Hey Everyone,

Let's keep the politics out of this thread.

For argument's sake let's say this person is making a statement about gun control. Say we know this as absolute fact.

Ok, now what?

My point is what if we find the motive then what do we discuss? We go back to discussing how this person is doing these bombings.

For us, for the sake of this discussion, assuming a motive is putting the cart before the horse.

We have zero evidence of any motive.

What is important is we find this person and stop him or her.

How do we do that? Look for patterns, figure out how they were able to get in and out of places without being seen.

What is this person's form of transportation?

I know you can come up with something to sleuth.

Look, if you want to state a motive fine but MOVE ON. NO POLITICAL DEBATE. Do not debate guns or immigration or any motive. NO DEBATE.

Right now, at this moment, please move away from the motive because it is slowing you down and figure out how this person is able to reign so much terror without being seen.

IF ANYONE DEBATES ANYTHING EVEN SLIGHTLY POLITICAL EXPECT A TIME OUT OR BAN

Love, Tricia

Yeah, I'm still mostly thinking lone wolf. Just working stuff out in my head until we know more. (I have friends in Austin and I'll start freaking out if I don't distract myself with the sleuthing side.)

I tend to lean more toward lone wolf- or maybe a couple of crazies.

I know you must be worried. The bomber didn't intend for the explosives to go off when they did, so maybe since it turned out this way it will be easier to track. Hopefully he screwed up and will be found very soon.

I would think we will be able to know who it was sent to even if they never release it there ought to be an onslaught of LE pulling up somewhere!

I just can't exclude the fact that the victims in the first two bombings were connected. Possibly this last attempt might have some connection to the first two, as it named a specific person. This could be some kind of feud among locals. jmo

I created an updated map of where the bomber has been, including the fedex office on Brodie, but not the processing facility. I created it as if the perp was on a bicycle, and it appears there are many bike trails betwixt and between the perp/bomb placings.

I would love to know from locals what they think/know about my perp on a bicycle thoughts.

Here's the link to my google map: https://goo.gl/maps/2WnPY2RuP6Q2

I think Austin-area's sprink break was last week (someone correct me if I'm wrong), unless this is an out-of-towner.

It could make sense that if the perp was an out-of-towner, he/she'd only have had opportunity to get to Austin around weekends until this week (because he/she is on SB). All of the other incidents were around the weekend, right?

Thinking out loud...

1) March 2 Friday

Skips a full week

2) March 12 Monday
3) March 12 Monday

4) March 18 Sunday
5) March 20 Tuesday

So far bombs have exploded on even number dates, and different day of week

I am visual.

Helpful ty!

I also ramble !

from "seeing" it I went

number one not much happens

kinda pissed

ok I am going to get some attn

whip up two during the week

do two 5 hrs apart

pay attn to this

oh look at the buzz he is getting at this point

break to make a couple more

Now gonna really freak everyone out and involve Fed Ex

oh ha the one that did not go off was at an airport facility so it was close to getting on a plane

there gonna blow it up soon

kxan

KXAN Notification: Breaking: Police about to detonate suspicious package at FedEx facility near Austin airport, NBC source says

Update 11:34 am

A source briefed on the investigation tells NBC's Gabe Gutierrez police are about to blow up a suspected bomb at the FedEx facility near the Austin airport. The source says officials believe the suspected bomber mailed two packages from a FedEx drop-off center in Austin. One of them exploded at a Schertz, Texas FedEx facility while the other arrived at the McKinney Falls Parkway FedEx facility. Both packages have nails in them, a source said, and both were headed to Austin addresses.

Does anyone - local or otherwise - know/could shed some light on Antifa?

I only ask because of some things I heard from I think Steven Crowder(?) who was on Joe Rogan podcast awhile ago, and he & another guy went undercover to an Antifa meeting and the way he talked about the group seemed extremely dangerous. Correct me if I'm wrong and you know what I'm referring to, but it seemed they were very active in exchanging firearms, planning attacks, etc.

I also saw an assault at a local coffee shop in Austin last week involving two well-to-do men, one attacking and accusing the other of being a member of Antifa. They could have been delusional or just a little unhinged, but it was enough for me to remember it.

Any ideas from anyone who knows anything about the group as to how/if that could be involved?

No. The completely made up stuff about "antifa," which isn't even a real thing in the sense that some people say, originates on conspiracy theory sites and crazies like Alex Jones. It's meant to demonize "the other." Little to no basis in reality.

OK the third active scene is the airport sorting facility

just so people in area don't get concerned they are gonna blow it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members