TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anyone here stating whether they are for or against a topic. I see people discussing motives without adding their personal views on that topic to the discussion. for instance, I have strong opinions on the current gun control discussion. But it has no place here. IMO, determining motive will go a long way to finding this person.

thank you. Not here to fight. I just want the guy caught and I like to profile. I do think he admires the Unabomber.

Liltexans - I just got done speaking to a fireman who works that “box” as he called it and was part of the response to the latest even here in Travis County. I also spoke with a girlfriend whose best friend lives four houses down from the explosion. Am I allowed to share what they told me, as long as I make it clear it shouldn’t be taken as fact but as my opinion? Some interesting things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you may. Thank you for asking first. :)

bee beep beep

They did find another bomb in austin

oh brother three locations now being investigated.

local is saying they now think it was not intended to go off at the facility http://www.kxan.com/live-stream

So I would assume they HAVE to know about its destination - I suppose could be just random

if they keep this secret (who it was ) I wonder if was like someones boss?

Someone asked about the Brodie Lane FedEx location compared to the others - looks super-close to the last bombing location on Dawn Song and Republic of Texas.

attachment.php

Zoomed in on last two:

attachment.php

thanks! Can you do one now taking out brodie and add the FedEx facility to see if changes much? I'm not sure how to i hate this phone but I am not home. Thanks

I think there may be a connection to the gun debate as well, like it could be a catalyst, but this unsub wants to take fear to the next level. MOO

The Texas Independence Day/ Republic of Texas theory upthread resonates with me also. Interesting observations...

I’ll just say this. The bombings have killed and wounded far fewer people than guns have since the bombing started.

If/when the bomber makes some sort of communique or confesses, we’ll know more.

I’m not knocking anyone else for speculating; that’s why we’re here. Personally, though, I’m not sure it’s relevant, so I’m not speculating on a gun-related motive until I know more.

Just a thought that ran through my brain (It's probably nothing), but, I was checking venues in the region and there's a Pat Benatar show at Moody Theater, tonight, and that is kinda between attack 2 & 3. Just thought I'd toss it out, as a possibility. If anyone is going, I'd just be aware of the surroundings.

seen Pat several times she is wonderful live !!1 Or was!!!

I don't want to get political but looking at the hate group map (SPLC: https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map) there are two groups listed in Austin: Nation of Islam (Black Nationalist) and Israel United in Christ (Black Nationalist). They're both in San Antonio too.

Statewide there are at least seven White Nationalist/Neo-Nazi/anti-Muslim hate groups. Including one in Kileen which is an hour north of Austin.

Like I said this isn't to get political about who's right or wrong, but the differences in the bombs got me thinking maybe it's a group rather than an individual.

Just considering all the possibilities. I admit I'm still leaning toward someone like the unabomber or Eric Rudolph.

Would he have to have a FedEx account to ship this package, or have to actually go to a facility? Maybe on CCTV at the shipping point.

You don't have to have an account. We've done it before.

anyone know drive times between the first ones?

Are there any bus line connections??

There is an erratic ness to perp one then two in 5 hours then two then day night types places

spurts of activity manicky and then quiet

want more confirm of second one in last 3 hours I would think that would be the top angle of this but the local outlet said confirmed one at another fed ex ???

[FONT=&quot]APD responded to 420 suspicious package calls between 8 a.m. yesterday and 8 a.m. today bringing the total number to 1,257 calls since approximately 8 a.m. on March 12.

[/FONT]
https://twitter.com/austin_police?lang=en

IMO, it would be very difficult to ship through a package store and not get caught. I take fedex and ups packages to a package store a couple of times a month. I print the labels online. Even if the bomber uses a stolen credit card, LE will be able to track the device from which the label was purchased. If he goes into the store and pays cash, he's going to have to interact with an employee for several minutes. Even if he's wearing a disguise, the clerk would hear his voice and possibly notice other things about him. Plus its very likely the store has security cameras. As to scanning, when I bring a package into the store, I get a receipt with a scan that the package was accepted. Then it's scanned again when the driver picks it up, when it reaches the processing facility, when it leaves the processing facility....every step along the way.

I keep going back to the fact that there's a relationship between the first two victims. If the victims were chosen randomly, that would be a pretty big coincidence. If not, how does the bomber know these people?

I know what you mean about the first two victims. This last attempt was addressed to someone specific. If this is an actual person he made a HUGE mistake. The more commonalities among victims, the more he paints himself into a corner. He will be caught by a process of elimination. jmo Not sure,though, how the complete randomness of the trip wire bombing fits into a targeted agenda. Anyone could have been the victim in that bombing. jmo, though.

Wow another one.

I ask again to LE. Where is the Videos for the public that we can help you?

There has to be some videos and they are sitting on it IMO.
It is of my opinion that LE uses old antiquated strategies and not using the public more to help them. Please release any videos of the subject even if it is grainy so we can try to help you find this guy.

All JMO of course.

I think they’re gathering all the CCTV they can and viewing it before they release anything. iirc, police said something about asking neighbors about it when they went door-to-door after Sunday’s explosion? Someone please correct me if I’m wrong! [emoji120]

I just hope all these agencies continue to work well together. It’s gotta be super stressful, imo.

I don't want to get political but looking at the hate group map (SPLC: https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map) there are two groups listed in Austin: Nation of Islam (Black Nationalist) and Israel United in Christ (Black Nationalist). They're both in San Antonio too.

Statewide there are at least seven White Nationalist/Neo-Nazi/anti-Muslim hate groups. Including one in Kileen which is an hour north of Austin.

Like I said this isn't to get political about who's right or wrong, but the differences in the bombs got me thinking maybe it's a group rather than an individual.

Just considering all the possibilities. I admit I'm still leaning toward someone like the unabomber or Eric Rudolph.

Hey Blue. I've started thinking about group verses one person or two.

10:30 a.m.

San Antonio Chief of Police William McManus confirmed there were two packages at the Schertz FedEx facility during a media briefing, but only one exploded.

Chief McManus is urging people not to panic, but to stay cautious.

He said more security could be possible with the upcoming NCAA tournament taking place in downtown San Antonio.

https://www.ksat.com/news/1-injured...edex-ground-facility-in-schertz-officials-say

Do you think more than one doing it, or maybe one person on behalf of a group?

if there is one more than one person none of the descriptions will match which would add to making them difficult to catch. (Although the man being interviewed on KXAN right now said they believe it's all one person. He also said the bomber is most likely male.

I’m not ruling out the possibility, but if it is, why hasn’t anyone “claimed” these bombings or made any kind of statement (that we know of)?

10:30 a.m.

San Antonio Chief of Police William McManus confirmed there were two packages at the Schertz FedEx facility during a media briefing, but only one exploded.

Chief McManus is urging people not to panic, but to stay cautious.

He said more security could be possible with the upcoming NCAA tournament taking place in downtown San Antonio.

https://www.ksat.com/news/1-injured...edex-ground-facility-in-schertz-officials-say

Well that's easier said than done

sorry am on phone so hard for me to bold lol but as far as to sexual orientation of last 2 victims of bomb #4, how would the bomber know that they would be one's to trip the tripwire? Too much room for error jmho. Also would not go with bomb #5 jmho.

ah h

very good point!!!!

I’m not ruling out the possibility, but if it is, why hasn’t anyone “claimed” these bombings or made any kind of statement (that we know of)?

If it is a group maybe claiming responsibility would put them at risk of being caught. Say if the Dallas Cowboys* claimed responsibility LE would know where to start looking and there would be a limited number of suspects.

*for an apolitical example

I'm not really leaning towards radical groups yet because there has been no real consistency in the bombings- as in any ethnicity/ race, religion, sexual orientation, etc. being targeted (that is obvious at this point, anyway). They don't seem to be targeting neighborhoods in the process of being "gentrified" or new neighborhoods or business districts continuing "urban sprawl", so I can't see any connection that would point to a group or "cause" being the reason. Of course, that could change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3