TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh one of those useless pressers why have em if your not saying anything

drives me nuts

you have to be crazy one reporter seems concerns about the packages in the building being LATE

people are losing their marbles

Wouldn't federal gun laws overrule state laws? Maybe the bomber if upset at the national movement. But bombing Austin because it is convenient, because he lives there.

Personally, I think this person has a long list of grudges. Like someone pointed out earlier, these types are usually injustice collectors.

He's definitely an injustice collector. We just don't know what his perceived list of injustices are. Maybe gun laws are one of them.

Austin is NOT a liberal sanctuary. There are a lot of liberal folks in Austin, but it's a still a microcosm of Texas. If you set up a polling booth in Austin and everyone of age took it...the majority would still be conservative leaning.

The mayor of Austin is currently in a battle with the state because she has openly declared Austin to be a sanctuary city and the Travis County Sheriff has voiced her refusal to work with ICE on immigration enforcement. While the citizens of Austin might be a microcosm of Texas (having lived and gone to college there I find that hard to believe) the city gov't is certainly not, it is strongly liberal.

The mayor of Austin is currently in a battle with the state because she has openly declared Austin to be a sanctuary city and has directed the police chief to not work with ICE on immigration enforcement. While the citizens of Austin might be a microcosm of Texas (having lived and gone to college there I find that hard to believe) the city gov't is certainly not, it is strongly liberal.

So do you think it's some conservative guy who used to work for the local Austin government in some capacity and got fired?

Press Conference notes

Michael Hansen, Austin Police Chief: At 12:25(?) this morning, explosion called in...Package on automatic conveyer when it exploded. Employee had ringing in the ears, treated and released. Reiterating: If you have a package you weren't expecting or any suspicious object, don't touch it and call 911. They are confident the package was not intended for the Schertz location.

James Smith, FBI: Not responding on the details of the package - where it was shipped from or intended to deliver to. Won't confirm bomb had nails and shrapnel or any other details regarding the package. Building has been evacuated. Still sifting through evidence, and cannot go into details. Haven't conducted search yet. Doesn't know about agents at other FedEx facilities in Austin. Asking people not to come to the Schertz facility as they are still searching.

Frank Ortega, ATF: This is a very fluid investigation, invitation to call the tip line if you know anything 512-472-TIPS. Public safety #1 priority, providing all resources, following all leads.

The mayor of Austin is currently in a battle with the state because she has openly declared Austin to be a sanctuary city and has directed the police chief to not work with ICE on immigration enforcement. While the citizens of Austin might be a microcosm of Texas (having lived and gone to college there I find that hard to believe) the city gov't is certainly not, it is strongly liberal.
I think you mean Travis County Sheriff Sally Hernandez.

Apologies, Anthro... I remember this day! Many AISD kids didn't go to school either.

Austin Mayor Steve Adler responded to the news that restaurants are preparing to close as*a show of solidarity in response to*the ongoing ICE operation.

“This is a country of immigrants and a city of immigrants, and I love it when we stick up for each other here,” Adler told the Statesman.

http://dining.blog.austin360.com/20...ting-in-a-day-without-immigrants-on-thursday/

At the least Austin is the state capital. Unsure if that's in play as far as a motive.

Probably a fictitious person and wouldn't be surprised if the bomb was meant to go off when it did. I believe he has advanced skills. jmo

Could be. I tend to think it was addressed to an actual person. The bomb is described as causing minor injury to one person, so I do wonder about the person's capability. I think he's fairly young. Many websites he could have learned from. However, I am usually as "right" as a stopped clock, so...

Wow - the fed ex bomb really shows to me the level of confidence the perp has gained and potentially even the thrill he is getting out of this.

This is total conjecture, but given the fed ex bomb, it's almost like this perp wants to permanently change our level of comfort with package security, the same way 9/11 changed our level of comfort with flight security.

I am starting to get a sense of ego from them as well, as if they had the foolhardy belief that this most recent bomb would actually make it all the way through the fed ex delivery process without exploding. It's like they have faith in their bomb making abilities. Or perhaps they really have moved on to random targets and didn't care where in the process this exploded.

Given a social media post above about a woman whose husband works at the fed ex facility not being allowed to leave due to questioning, either LE have a clue that the perp works there or they just want to rule everyone out. It will help to see the addresses on the package too.

I am beginning to believe there are two people doing this. I also think that given the way fed ex packages are tracked, this could be the beginning of the end of their little spree. This one had to have left clues. No such thing as a ghost bomber.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you think about it --- if it is all one person that is pretty planned out to go from baby like things that go bang to where it is heading

like i will look dumb in the beginning?

the first two were described as just a bunch of regular things ??

Why is the chat moving to gas attacks all of a sudden it has been mentioned a lot suddenly in the last hour - MSNBC a haz matt group is at the other one

BREAKING OVERNIGHT: A box reportedly filled with nails exploded at a FedEx distribution facility in Schertz, Texas, according to police. Police say they do not yet know if it is connected to the Austin bombings; FBI and ATF responding:*abcn.ws/2FV2j12*pic.twitter.com/oxyewXTaLj

6:05 AM - 20 Mar 2018

eta posted because it states nails which seems to be in each bomb so far

I would like to know who this package was addressed to? I agree, I think this guy is part of the patriot militia movement or an alt-right extremist.

Considering, this bomb was sent via Fed-Ex, I'm worried he is going to go extreme and try to blow up a Fed-Ex plane next. Yikes... I really hope the catch this evil person.

My kxan app just popped up a notification: "Heavy police presence at FedEx facility near Austin airport."

update: "There is a heavy police presence at the FedEx Ground facility in Austin. That facility is at 4117 McKinney Falls Parkway, near the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport."
Not sure where to put this.
As to the 4th bomb, it was two white men injured. Correct? Does anyone know if they are gay?
This would go along with my theory. who is being targeted, blacks, hispanics,gays.
I think this guy is very misogynistic, white separatist and is very angry the wall isn't being built.
He hates anyone who is not 'pure' or 'superior' as he sees himself. I think he's anti gay marriage, hates BLM, immigrants, women etc.
I believe he's Hellbent on building the wall himself.

Gathered KXAN from live feed so far: Sunset Valley police are assisting FBI - creating a perimeter at a fedex store on Brodie. They believe the package was shipped from this location - 5601 Brodie Ln. They are still in initial phases of investigation - they believe they will be investigating for the next few hours. Reporter only sees sunset valley police and people with FBI on the back of their jackets.

IMO, it would be very difficult to ship through a package store and not get caught. I take fedex and ups packages to a package store a couple of times a month. I print the labels online. Even if the bomber uses a stolen credit card, LE will be able to track the device from which the label was purchased. If he goes into the store and pays cash, he's going to have to interact with an employee for several minutes. Even if he's wearing a disguise, the clerk would hear his voice and possibly notice other things about him. Plus its very likely the store has security cameras. As to scanning, when I bring a package into the store, I get a receipt with a scan that the package was accepted. Then it's scanned again when the driver picks it up, when it reaches the processing facility, when it leaves the processing facility....every step along the way.

I keep going back to the fact that there's a relationship between the first two victims. If the victims were chosen randomly, that would be a pretty big coincidence. If not, how does the bomber know these people?

Agree to disagree.

We lovingly refer to Austin as a stop on the hispter express. True liberals generally move somewhere more liberal. Austin is where people can say they are liberal and have little protests and be weird, but not actually have to be hardcore liberal. They are "safe" liberal. Even compared to other cities with liberal governments, it's very "safe" liberal.

Now, a person planting bombs can see this very differently. Even slight liberal leanings could set an injustice collector off. I have a feeling it's much more personal than Austin being "liberal," but that's totally JMO.

Wow - the fed ex bomb really shows to me the level of confidence the perp has gained and potentially even the thrill he is getting out of this.

This is total conjecture, but given the fed ex bomb, it's almost like this perp wants to permanently change our level of comfort with package security, the same way 9/11 changed our level of comfort with flight security.

I am starting to get a sense of ego from them as well, as if they had the foolhardy belief that this most recent bomb would actually make it all the way through the fed ex delivery process without exploding. It's like they have faith in their bomb making abilities. Or perhaps they really have moved on to random targets and didn't care where in the process this exploded.

Given a social media post above about a woman whose husband works at the fed ex facility not being allowed to leave due to questioning, either LE have a clue that the perp works there or they just want to rule everyone out. It will help to see the addresses on the package too.

I am beginning to believe there are two people doing this. I also think that given the way fed ex packages are tracked, this could be the beginning of the end of their little spree. This one had to have left clues. No such thing as a ghost bomber.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I agree unless to throw everyone off -- why start with baby bombs? I think there may be two seperate people for different reasons not connected really such a difference between the first two the third and for some reason now there is a lot of carrying on about gas ??

Austin is NOT a liberal sanctuary. There are a lot of liberal folks in Austin, but it's a still a microcosm of Texas. If you set up a polling booth in Austin and everyone of age took it...the majority would still be conservative leaning.

Liberal-leaning, more so than other smaller, rural Texas towns, cities. Sanctuary City= friendly to immigrants.
."In that regard, the city of Austin is a sanctuary city. The past two City Councils have adopted measures establishing the city as a place friendly to immigrants, but these policies have no enforcement power. "
http://kut.org/post/austin-sanctuary-city-good-question
In someone's mind that would be enough to target it.
It's been an ongoing issue for years.
https://www.texastribune.org/topics/sanctuary-cities/

Heard earlier that the package was leaving one conveyor belt to another when it exploded. Jmo

The first exploded when picked up outside, second one exploded inside when opened. Third exploded outside when picked up. Fourth one, tripwire.

This has to have Austin on edge. Doubt we (public) will hear the destination of this one.

Press Conference notes

Michael Hansen, Austin Police Chief: At 12:25(?) this morning, explosion called in...Package on automatic conveyer when it exploded. Employee had ringing in the ears, treated and released. Reiterating: If you have a package you weren't expecting or any suspicious object, don't touch it and call 911. They are confident the package was not intended for the Schertz location.

James Smith, FBI: Not responding on the details of the package - where it was shipped from or intended to deliver to. Won't confirm bomb had nails and shrapnel or any other details regarding the package. Building has been evacuated. Still sifting through evidence, and cannot go into details. Haven't conducted search yet. Doesn't know about agents at other FedEx facilities in Austin. Asking people not to come to the Schertz facility as they are still searching.

Frank Ortega, ATF: This is a very fluid investigation, invitation to call the tip line if you know anything 512-472-TIPS. Public safety #1 priority, providing all resources, following all leads.

Actually, my county usually votes more liberally than Travis County where Austin is. But I also live in a bigger city. No one here thinks of Austin as a sanctuary city. I don't even hear that term being used here. I think people on TV are the ones saying that.

Far more liberal than most cities in Texas.
Ever watch Fox News? It's been an ongoing topic for years. Sanctuary City in regards to immigrants.
"In that regard, the city of Austin is a sanctuary city. The past two City Councils have adopted measures establishing the city as a place friendly to immigrants, but these policies have no enforcement power."

So do you think it's some conservative guy who used to work for the local Austin government in some capacity and got fired?

Naw, I'm not getting a disgruntled employee vibe. Disgruntled ex-employees tend to strike out at people from their former jobs not at people in general. This guy has a bone to pick with Austin as a collective community. I'm thinking a conservative type, liberals are not really bombers (unless they are environmental/animal activist types), of course it would be one of those wacky anti-fa types but I don't think so, as far as I'm aware there is no anti-fa presence in Austin and to the best of my knowledge they haven't bombed anything, just set stuff on fire.

I think he's angry with the community, he's seeing his home turned into something he never wanted. Some people get really attached to their communities, they see it as "theirs", with so many outsiders moving into Austin, especially from California I can see this guy getting angry, all those "hippie, liberal commies from Mexafornia bringing their godlessness to God's country."

Far more liberal than most cities in Texas.
Ever watch Fox News? It's been an ongoing topic for years. Sanctuary City in regards to immigrants.
"In that regard, the city of Austin is a sanctuary city. The past two City Councils have adopted measures establishing the city as a place friendly to immigrants, but these policies have no enforcement power."

No, I don't watch Fox News.

I guess we will see what the motive is when they catch this person. I hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3