TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am with some posters -- I really cant imagine how he she is not thankfully going to be caught

Dreamed about this -- the wire freaked me. I thought about drop boxes in the dream. There are CCTV cameras everywhere --so the dropbox would probably be on some CCTV

Going into a drop off place would seem ludicrous - one would have to wear gloves -- not sure how out of place that would be (temperature dependant I suppose)

Then i thought online set-up that would sure seem very traceable

It almost seems like this one would be on a timer - maybe showing off his her acumen in this arena?

open up trip wire timing devices that is variety.

Trip wire seems really Iraq eeeeee

Timer scary if it was supposed to be altitude related - those things for airplanes are often set up so when aircraft gets to a certain height (barometric pressure ) they go off

Are the distances involved as far as we know result in certainty that the package would end up on an aircraft or would its journey only be land based?

We would need to know TO and FROM stuff

Or it could be Fed Ex person that was able to introduce the box into the supply chain without being noticed. I thought it was interesting they would not let employees leave - so in a way I think they may have some concerns in this area.

Can anyone come up with anyway to "mail " it without risking CCTV capture??

Ready to get caught?

There would have to be some belief system that one could away with it via Fed Ex seems pretty incredulous to me .

Seems far more risky than leaving boxes in the still of the night - this is quite a shift in risk imo?

Or is that the plan -- to increase feelings of powerlessness? The trip wire and Fed EX sure so that imo

There was an incredible event from a disgruntled Fex Ex employee aboard an MD-11.

Just incredible. He took a jump seat bought on board fishing spear guns. Had been fired. Wanted his family to get money .

Wanted to make it look like the plane went down.

It turned into a bloodbath. He went into cockpit a clobbered the pilot with a hammer. Then all hell broke out.

Holding him on the ground - pilot had his clobbered blurry vision while the other two had to wrestle the perp and hold him down .

Was unreal - pilot genius started rocking the jumbo jet all over the place so the perp would get thrown all over in the back

around 520 actual ATC recordings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_akKKf2o3I

Just racing ramblings

KXAN Alert: FedEx shipping office on Brodie Lane closed, officer on scene says package that exploded in Schertz was shipped from there.

Do you think they have security cameras at that shipping office on Brodie Lane?

Who's keeping the map handy for this thread?

Oh okay. I didn't see that post. Well, I still think TX is a strange place to make that type of statement. No way will this state ban assault weapons, IMO. I can't see it ever happening here. But we do have the death penalty and we use it in this state. This bomber has already killed 2 people. Maybe he should make his "statement" in a state where they don't put murderers to death.

True, Texas is one of the least likely to implement strict gun laws and no talk of that has been going on that I know of.

But he is killing people here. What the motive is, is up for grabs at this point. Why do you think this is happening?

I don't live in Austin, so I know a lot less about what is going on right in that city than in the state as a whole. I think he could be some militia type of person, but I also think he could just be an angry man who is intelligent and has experienced personal and work problems and decided he would take those problems out on the city in which he lives. Maybe his ex wife lives there. Maybe he grew up there and was bullied all his life. I don't know why. But I do think he is from Austin and that's the area he's familiar with.

CNN saying the first device found at FedEx was sent from Austin to someone in Austin.

True, Texas is one of the least likely to implement strict gun laws and no talk of that has been going on that I know of.

There is zero talk of gun laws going on right now in TX. If that's the motive, then it must be that this particular bomber lives in TX and thinks he can make a broad statement right where he lives. It wouldn't have anything to do with the state of TX because there is not a single threat to anyone's gun rights in this state. I know quite a few people who own assault rifles and they aren't even remotely concerned about their guns being "taken away" in TX.

Do you have a link to the article with that statement? If there's a link, we can discuss it.

Although, honestly, I don't know why he would target Texas. This is probably the last state that would ever "take away" someone's guns. We have concealed carry and open carry. There aren't many gun laws. Kind of a weird place to make an anti-gun statement if that's what's happening. But if there's a link you can provide, we can discuss the statement as a possibility.

I agree with you that Texas seems like a strange place to make a statement about guns but think about Austin, the most liberal city in the state. Back when Abbott signed that campus carry law students at UT fought back by openly carrying around sex toys since those are illegal to openly display but guns are ok. If I were gonna make a statement about gun restrictions and I lived in the area Austin would be my first pick simply because of how liberal it is.

I am getting a lot of DC sniper "vibe" here also.

But disgruntled LE person hits for some reason as well.

I kinda think perp might have been surprised by the amount of heat and needed to move out of area in terms of where he did the next one - cant do one in the area.

Here is Fed Ex fleet

http://www.fedex.com/us/charters/airplanes.html

Boeing-757F-Thumb.png

I think this bomber idolizes the Unabomber.

Gathered KXAN from live feed so far: Sunset Valley police are assisting FBI - creating a perimeter at a fedex store on Brodie. They believe the package was shipped from this location - 5601 Brodie Ln. They are still in initial phases of investigation - they believe they will be investigating for the next few hours. Reporter only sees sunset valley police and people with FBI on the back of their jackets.

Wouldn't federal gun laws overrule state laws? Maybe the bomber if upset at the national movement. But bombing Austin because it is convenient, because he lives there.

Personally, I think this person has a long list of grudges. Like someone pointed out earlier, these types are usually injustice collectors.

Do you have a link to the article with that statement? If there's a link, we can discuss it.

Although, honestly, I don't know why he would target Texas. This is probably the last state that would ever "take away" someone's guns. We have concealed carry and open carry. There aren't many gun laws. Kind of a weird place to make an anti-gun statement if that's what's happening. But if there's a link you can provide, we can discuss the statement as a possibility.

Austin is a liberal, sanctuary city in the heart of Texas. This could be why Austin is being targeted.

As part of my job, I often receive multiple packages a day and may not know all of the people sending them. I fell asleep last night dreaming of ways to prod a package to make sure it wouldn’t explode. Granted the chances of me ending up with a package out of alllll of us in Austin is impossibly slim but regardless the thought is there. Last night I watched my daughter and neighbor kids playing outside of our homes after dinner, and realized how easy it would be for any of them to be harmed, they’re not on the lookout for exploding packages (nor should they have to be). Hearing LE say that at this point “we’re chasing a ghost” was not comforting. I have no solid feeling about who this guy is based on the little we know so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The safest way is to NOT touch or move it at all.

I agree with you that Texas seems like a strange place to make a statement about guns but think about Austin, the most liberal city in the state. Back when Abbott signed that campus carry law students at UT fought back by openly carrying around sex toys since those are illegal to openly display but guns are ok. If I were gonna make a statement about gun restrictions and I lived in the area Austin would be my first pick simply because of how liberal it is.

Very good point about Austin being liberal.

The first 3 packages were placed at night on porches.

Now 5th bomb at a delivery service. There should be some kind of tracking as to where originally entered FedEx care.
That will give new data and possibly new surveillance video.

There could literally be another at any facility. I doubt packages are scanned.

I think this one proves that. Now not only is it general public, but literally any delivery type worker picking up from a drop box.

If Bomber sticks to even number dates a new one could be in transit for Thursday. Jmho

Austin is a liberal, sanctuary city in the heart of Texas. This could be why Austin is being targeted.

Austin is NOT a liberal sanctuary. There are a lot of liberal folks in Austin, but it's a still a microcosm of Texas. If you set up a polling booth in Austin and everyone of age took it...the majority would still be conservative leaning.

Austin is NOT a liberal sanctuary. There are a lot of liberal folks in Austin, but it's a still a microcosm of Texas. If you set up a polling booth in Austin and everyone of age took it...the majority would still be conservative leaning.

Actually, my county usually votes more liberally than Travis County where Austin is. But I also live in a bigger city. No one here thinks of Austin as a sanctuary city. I don't even hear that term being used here. I think people on TV are the ones saying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3