TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What,if any, is the connection to these incidents and the explosion in the San Antonio FedEx ?

[...]

Police have declined to describe the bombs in detail, saying only that they appear to be the sophisticated work of a person or people who know what they are doing — and noting that the bombmaker has been able to assemble and deliver the devices without setting them off. After telling residents to remain wary of unexpected or suspicious packages, authorities now are urging broader caution.

“We’re even more concerned now that if people see something suspicious, they just stay away from it altogether and contact law enforcement,” said Fred Milanowski, special agent in charge of the Houston division of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. “Because if they move that package or if they step on that tripwire, it’s likely to detonate.”

Milanowski said bombs using tripwires are activated when any pressure is applied to the wires, and he said that can include people “tripping over it or picking up the package.”

[...]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...x-facility-police-say/?utm_term=.8eaa249baf9f

What,if any, is the connection to these incidents and the explosion in the San Antonio FedEx ?

The FedEx facility in Schertz, which is just outside of San Antonio, processes ground packages for this region, including Austin. It has been reported that the package that exploded in the Schertz facility had an Austin return address and was addressed to someone or some place in Austin.

A fed ex plane would be pretty big.

It would indeed, but it would need careful calculation. The bomb would need to be powerful enough to bring down the plane but small enough to maximise its chances of getting airborne by not being too conspicuous. That might mean being able to get hold of a plastic explosive such as semtex.

With a car bomb you just need to fill the vehicle with an awful lot of not very sophisticated explosive in order to cause devastation in a street environment.

An IRA truck bomb caused an estimated £1bn worth of damage in the City of London in 1993. Take a look at the photographs of the devastation. Bear in mind that the IRA set off bombs of this sort on a weekend when the City was largely deserted. Imagine what this bomb could have done on a Friday or Saturday evening in downtown Austin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Bishopsgate_bombing

[...]

The company didn't provide additional details. NBC affiliate WOAI reported one female employee was treated for a headache related to a possible concussion from the blast.

[...]

The station cited investigators saying that the explosion came from a package moving from an upper conveyor belt to a lower one when it detonated. NBC News was not immediately able to confirm that detail.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/texas-officials-respond-reports-another-explosion-n858146

Makes sense. Or someone who has had their guns taken away. Not sure what Texas laws are on that.

When I lived there, they didn't take people's guns away. There was an incident a few miles from our neighborhood where a guy who had a massive gun collection got drunk and hostile and beat up his wife (well to do guy with nice home). He was in a standoff with police for about 4 hrs before he sobered up and they put him in jail. When they let him out LE decided to let him keep his guns.

It's worth checking the records, but Texas probably doesn't deny anyone who wants to buy assault weapons, either.

It's probably an unhinged person with a criminal background or history of mental health issues who is afraid of losing his stockpile of weapons if laws are changed. Also seems to be active or former military.

Father of Austin bombing victim is veteran of Texas state government
https://www.statesman.com/news/crim...exas-state-government/nF1sXWEhoOA0GcidDZe8XL/

Snipped...explains Why The Two Victims Were In The Area.

Colton Mathis, the other man injured in Sunday’s explosion, is also in good condition, according to the hospital. The pair appear to have been going to or from the Grote household, which is near where the blast occurred.

When I lived there, they didn't take people's guns away. There was an incident a few miles from our neighborhood where a guy who had a massive gun collection got drunk and hostile and beat up his wife (well to do guy with nice home). He was in a standoff with police for about 4 hrs before he sobered up and they put him in jail. When they let him out LE decided to let him keep his guns.

Wow! Scratch that idea off the list.

Can we please stop the "gun chatter" on this thread? We have no idea what this is related to, it could be hundreds of things. Pretty sure there is a gun debate thread on here if ya'll wanna go talk guns there.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Off topic and political posts will be removed. At this time, we don't know the motive. This is an active crime scene investigation with multiple crime scenes. Let's stay focused on the topic of this thread, which is a serial bomber who is still at large in South Texas.

Thank you!

Per cnn

There is another package at another facility they are worried about -- I think we are going to have a bunch of these for a while.

I am way behind -- has it been confirmed that the alleged perp DID actually make contact with LE

tia

Gosh I’m sorry my American friends. Seems so scary to live in the US right now. Stay safe WS peeps and loved ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per cnn

There is another package at another facility they are worried about -- I think we are going to have a bunch of these for a while.

I am way behind -- has it been confirmed that the alleged perp DID actually make contact with LE

tia

I haven't read anything that says the perp has contacted LE.

Can we please stop the "gun chatter" on this thread? We have no idea what this is related to, it could be hundreds of things. Pretty sure there is a gun debate thread on here if ya'll wanna go talk guns there.

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

A LE made a statement that his personal opinion is that this is about gun restrictions. That is why I am discussing it. I am not discussing it for political reasons.

LE (ATF or FBI) on Good Morning America- 7am says:

"We are chasing a ghost-

"His motive is a mystery at this point"
He says he has a personal theory, not official, that the bomber is trying to prove a point about everyone trying to outlaw
assault weapons like AR-15, but bombs can still do plenty of damage.

Bumping up this post.

What is it about this case that make you think patriot militia or alt right ? It appears to be a random and a specific gripe or something similar to a serial killer/attacker. Very similar to Beltway Sniper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I am getting a lot of DC sniper "vibe" here also.

But disgruntled LE person hits for some reason as well.

I kinda think perp might have been surprised by the amount of heat and needed to move out of area in terms of where he did the next one - cant do one in the area.

Here is Fed Ex fleet

http://www.fedex.com/us/charters/airplanes.html

Boeing-757F-Thumb.png

A LE made a statement that his personal opinion is that this is about gun restrictions. That is why I am discussing it. I am not discussing it for political reasons.

Do you have a link to the article with that statement? If there's a link, we can discuss it.

Although, honestly, I don't know why he would target Texas. This is probably the last state that would ever "take away" someone's guns. We have concealed carry and open carry. There aren't many gun laws. Kind of a weird place to make an anti-gun statement if that's what's happening. But if there's a link you can provide, we can discuss the statement as a possibility.

I am getting a lot of DC sniper "vibe" here also.

But disgruntled LE person hits for some reason as well.

I kinda think perp might have been surprised by the amount of heat and needed to move out of area in terms of where he did the next one - cant do one in the area.

Here is Fed Ex fleet

http://www.fedex.com/us/charters/airplanes.html

Boeing-757F-Thumb.png

I have been thinking it might be a former LEO or even a current LEO. My other theory is someone who was not so honorably discharged from the military recently. We are crawling with military people in South Texas. There are Army posts and Air Force bases all over the place.

Or it could just be some weirdo who lives in his mother's basement. I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member