TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just gonna throw this out there. I do some online shopping and was planning to place an order today. After reading about this bomb at FedEx I am somewhat reluctant to place the order. I'm sure I'm not the only one with reservations. How will this affect online shopping? Is it possible an employee from one of the many businesses that have closed due to their customers shopping online is behind this?

BTW my family has a shipping company and although we're nowhere near Texas, it still concerns me.

One person was hurt when a package exploded at the FedEx ground distribution facility in Schertz overnight, authorities said Tuesday.

The incident occurred just before 12:30 a.m. at the facility located in the 9900 block of Doerr Lane, which is located not far from Highway 3009 and Nacogdoches Road.

According to officials, the medium-sized package contained metal shrapnel and nails and was headed to Austin when it exploded on a conveyer track, injuring one person. The explosion comes as authorities search for answers regarding a series of explosions that have shaken Austin.

https://www.ksat.com/news/1-injured...edex-ground-facility-in-schertz-officials-say

[...]

CBS News reported that one person received minor injuries from the blast, possibly a concussion and was expected to be OK. An FBI agent told CBS the box was being mailed from Austin and was headed to Austin.

[...]

KENS 5 received a call from one woman whose husband works at the facility. She told us that he was not being allowed to leave. Officials said around 75 employees cannot leave the building and are being questioned.

http://www.kens5.com/article/news/c...t-schertz-fedex-ground-facility/273-530099585

I'm just gonna throw this out there. I do some online shopping and was planning to place an order today. After reading about this bomb at FedEx I am somewhat reluctant to place the order. I'm sure I'm not the only one with reservations. How will this affect online shopping? Is it possible an employee from one of the many businesses that have closed due to their customers shopping online is behind this?

BTW my family has a shipping company and although we're nowhere near Texas, it still concerns me.

We're all wondering the same thing these days when retrieving a package from the porch or mailbox. It could be a disgruntled former employee somewhere, but it's someone who probably has military bomb building experience, too. Given how the first attacks were against a group of black community leaders who were known to each other, it puts a different spin on the reasons for the attacks. He's changed his targets and tactics since then, but it's hard to imagine why a disgruntled employee would target a group of innocent community leaders who worked and lived in a specific area.

I ordered an H2S meter (sensorcon) and 2 pairs of Zumba shoes (ebay) since last Friday. Family knows when and what to expect, but DH still poked my meter package with a long stick before approaching it. I can't even get these things via brick-and-mortar and they are high priority items for me. Hope that helps.

You would think this guy would use The Christmas Holidays as a easier way to kill more. So why did he wait until now to start leaving packages?

Was he a victim of a package thief during the holidays and now decided to leave bomb packages around town?

The timing is just weird. Idk.

Personal trigger we are unaware of or SXSW triggered it.

I know I'm late to this party, and I'm sure this has already been said, but I don't understand at all how you can mail a package like this and it not be tracked. I'm confused how they have not already found this person. When I send something FedEx or UPS its every movement is tracable, including the origination point. With the prevelance of surveillance cameras these days, how is this going on so long?

The first packages were hand delivered, this would be possibily the first time he used FedEx or a Postal service that could track him.

That might be part of the bombiers manifesto. He might be making a statement against Amazon (possibily) moving here for all we know.

It's interesting that the first packages were the most lethal and the later ones (so far) have caused injury but not death.

There's a danger that the bomber's creating a situation where everyone is intently looking for small packages when the real plan could be something much bigger, eg a car bomb or pub bombing in the centre of Austin. Are there any big events scheduled in the city for the Easter weekend? Any federal agencies HQ'd in the city?

agreed. W then NW next if he is creating a circular pattern around the city.

It will be interesting to find out who the package was addressed to. I hope LE immediately put that person under protection.

What cities does this facility serve? Did the bomber drive to San Antonio?

This latest bomb must have been designed with less sensitivity in mind. To blow up when opened. But it was still too sensitive.

Or maybe the plan was to create a new level of terror by involving Fed Ex. Now the worry has to be for any shipping company.

It's interesting that the first packages were the most lethal and the later ones (so far) have caused injury but not death.

There's a danger that the bomber's creating a situation where everyone is intently looking for small packages when the real plan could be something much bigger, eg a car bomb or pub bombing in the centre of Austin. Are there any big events scheduled in the city for the Easter weekend? Any federal agencies HQ'd in the city?

A fed ex plane would be pretty big.

If I were LE, I would be examining all the applicants for a gun purchase that were denied in the last 30-60 days.
My theory-
A disgruntled applicant to purchase a gun, was denied due to his past record, and this is his revenge, to get back
at 'the system' for denying him his right to have a gun. He's out to prove bombs can work also. So there, LE.

I would like to know who this package was addressed to? I agree, I think this guy is part of the patriot militia movement or an alt-right extremist.

Considering, this bomb was sent via Fed-Ex, I'm worried he is going to go extreme and try to blow up a Fed-Ex plane next. Yikes... I really hope the catch this evil person.
What is it about this case that make you think patriot militia or alt right ? It appears to be a random and a specific gripe or something similar to a serial killer/attacker. Very similar to Beltway Sniper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

That might be part of the bombiers manifesto. He might be making a statement against Amazon (possibily) moving here for all we know.

Amazon, interesting! Could be someone personally affected by Amazon. So many companies are going out of business because of amazon, and their employees are losing their jobs.

We have the gun debate.

SXSW

What else

Emergency crews are responding to a call about a suspicious package at a FedEx facility near the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport in Southeast Austin.

Austin police and fire crews, along with Austin-Travis County EMS medics are investigating a package at the FedEx ground delivery facility in the 4100 block of McKinney Falls Parkway.

https://www.statesman.com/news/loca...ility-authorities-say/CVO2PqvqF9qN8tAQgdw4GK/

If I were LE, I would be examining all the applicants for a gun purchase that were denied in the last 30-60 days.
My theory-
A disgruntled applicant to purchase a gun, was denied due to his past record, and this is his revenge, to get back
at 'the system' for denying him his right to have a gun. He's out to prove bombs can work also. So there, LE.

Makes sense. Or someone who has had their guns taken away. Not sure what Texas laws are on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member