TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were two friends, one on a bicycle and one on foot. A tripwire was placed across the sidewalk attached to a "For Sale" sign. It was apparently set up to detonate by anyone passing by. The bombs up until that point were placed on doorsteps, leading to the opinion that those people were targeted. This last one was completely random, with no specific individual in mind. Fortunately those two young men are going to be ok.

What if he had 1 main target but sent other bombs out to not make it look like a personal hit?

What if he had 1 main target but sent other bombs out to not make it look like a personal hit?
I remember that happening in the past, it was a shooter seemingly targeting people at random. The perpetrator killed his wife then targeted others to make it look like a serial killer. It's definitely possible in this case, but four separate attacks involving increasing odds of apprehension would be very risky. Definitely possible though.

I am going to be very cautious even though I'm not in the same state.
I know when a package is arriving, so it's fairly easy for me to know if it's something odd.
I will be watching closer than normal.

I am going to be very cautious even though I'm not in the same state.
I know when a package is arriving, so it's fairly easy for me to know if it's something odd.
I will be watching closer than normal.

You would think this guy would use The Christmas Holidays as a easier way to kill more. So why did he wait until now to start leaving packages?

Was he a victim of a package thief during the holidays and now decided to leave bomb packages around town?

The timing is just weird. Idk.

4th Austin bomb triggered by trip-wire; neighbors react to blast

http://www.thedailystar.com/cnhi_ne...cle_deb1115d-76c9-5fee-a03f-c5dd33fd10dd.html

[FONT=&amp]The hunt for the serial bomber who has been leaving deadly explosives in packages on Austin doorsteps took a new, more sinister turn Monday when investigators said the fourth and latest blast was triggered along a street by a nearly invisible tripwire.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Police and federal agents said that suggests a "higher level of sophistication" than they have seen before, and means the carnage is now random, rather than targeted at someone in particular. Underscoring that point, a relative says the most-recent explosion left what appeared to be nails stuck in his grandson's knees.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"The game went up a little bit - well, it went up a lot yesterday with the tripwire," Christopher Combs, FBI agent in charge of the bureau's San Antonio division, said in an interview.[/FONT]

The front door bombs were targeted. And the last one was anything goes.

But I still don't see how 1 out of 4 bombs can now determine that a hate crime isn't the motive. Jmo.

Late to the party, but has anyone done a map yet ? My gut tells me that whoever this is wouldn't be content just to set the trap and go home. These are areas of familiarity to the perpetrator...maybe even places from which he can watch and wait.

Just my 2 cents.

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/CBSDFW/status/976035556537896960

[/FONT]
#UPDATE[FONT=&amp]: New information coming in on the package that exploded at that [/FONT]@FedEx[FONT=&amp] plant outside San Antonio. Authorities are linking it to the Austin investigation, per [/FONT]@cbsaustin[FONT=&amp]. [/FONT]http://cbsloc.al/2FUS6lm

bbm

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/OmarVillafranca/status/976040407724380165[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
#NewInfo[FONT=&amp] Law Enforcement source tells CBS News package that exploded at FedEx facility in [/FONT]#Schertz[FONT=&amp] Texas was FROM Austin and was being sent TO Austin address.

bbm[/FONT]

He’s upping his game...being from FedEx, a package would be less suspicious on a doorstep.

Would he have to have a FedEx account to ship this package, or have to actually go to a facility? Maybe on CCTV at the shipping point.

Would he have to have a FedEx account to ship this package, or have to actually go to a facility? Maybe on CCTV at the shipping point.

Hopefully they have a lot to work with. Including the address it was meant for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member