TX - Austin Package Bombs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a pretty nice neighborhood. I would be surprised if there weren't cameras SOMEWHERE.
The problem is, I don't know that they've nailed down a specific time that the package was dropped off, especially because the explosion happened at 6:55am. So unless APD can find a camera that points at this house specifically, they have a LOT of work to do on their end to link a car to a suspect over about a 12 hour period.

My cameras are streamed and recorded. Every time there is motion, I receive an alert on my phone and via email. I go to a notification page and can watch a 30 second clip of captured motion, so I don't think its would take me very long to pin point any suspicious activities. I understand LE will probably view all recordings eventually.

It wouldn't seem related to SXSW to me given it started 3/2 and hasn't been located in areas with a lot of SXSW activity. It makes me nervous, for sure, but I'll still be trying to catch some bands. I think APD is stretched pretty thin with so many people in town.

It may be that BP (Bomb Perp) is targeting African-Americans and Hispanics. However it is also likely he's just looking for neighborhoods without a lot of security cameras. Many people have cameras now and I'd be really surprised if there were not some footage somewhere in one of these 3 neighborhoods that could be helpful.
Have fun!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

[h=1]Austin, Texas, on edge after spate of package bombs kills two[/h]
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/austin-texas-edge-after-spate-package-bombs-kill-two-n855956

[FONT=&quot]The Texas capital was on edge Monday after a spate of package bombings left two Austin residents dead and two others badly wounded.

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The latest victim was a 75-year-old woman who was listed as critical but stable with "life threatening injuries" after a package she found outside her home exploded in her arms, Police Chief Brian Manley said Monday afternoon.[/FONT]

[h=1]Austin package explosions that killed 2 people appear connected, police say[/h]
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/12/us/texas-austin-blasts/index.html

Three package bombs that exploded in Austin, Texas, over 10 days -- killing a teenager and a 39-year-old man and critically injuring an elderly woman -- appear to be connected, police said Monday.

Hope we don't see copy cats in other areas.

bbm

This is so scary. My son and daughter in law were driving through Austin today to San Antonio and it makes me crazy nervous that the bomber seems to be on i35. I hope they catch this psycho quick.

EuTuCroquet, the timing is certainly curious. In some way related to SXSW? Of course the first bomb was well before, so maybe not.

yes, but none of the locations are near downtown. about 5 miles away.
The bomber maybe be hoping no one is paying attention during SXSW.

This is a pretty nice neighborhood. I would be surprised if there weren't cameras SOMEWHERE.
The problem is, I don't know that they've nailed down a specific time that the package was dropped off, especially because the explosion happened at 6:55am. So unless APD can find a camera that points at this house specifically, they have a LOT of work to do on their end to link a car to a suspect over about a 12 hour period.

I hope there's footage. But maybe due to it being night nothing was caught on camera?

This crime is especially disturbing for me. I do a lot of vintage game trading and pick up packages on a weekly basis. Plus a lot of my household items are purchased online. Seeing a delivery left on my porch is just the norm.

I don't buy in to the theory that the crimes are connected to the music festival. If they were, the festival itself would be targeted. Given the diversity of age and wealth of this victims, it appears as if they are being selected at random which makes this even more horrific.

Nothing has been said yet about the bombings being linked to jihadi terrorism so it seems as if this is a serial killer. Let's hope this comes to an end before anyone else is hurt.

yes, but none of the locations are near downtown. about 5 miles away.
The bomber maybe be hoping no one is paying attention during SXSW.

Yes, agreed it’s likely unrelated. However, there’s a lot more to distract the stretched-thin law enforcement resources.

An acquaintance wasn't able to attend a get-together I went to on March 3 because he was a neighbor of the first victim and the first to respond to the bomb going off. The FBI asked him to stick around the next day, and I haven't heard anything from him since then. It didn't sound like he had any actual information. If I knew him better I would ask him some questions, but we aren't close.

I have a facebook friend who is just outside the police tape of the 2nd bombing (Oldfort Hill) and she's a former journalist for the Austin American Statesman. She wrote yesterday, "Please keep my neighbors and neighborhood in your hearts. Many folks on my street related (and related to victims), very tight-knit - original home owners from when Springdale Hill was founded in the 1960s...There is police tape tied to one of the bars on my LR window and attached at the other end to my neighbors' house across the street. Media line to the south of that."

I do not compare these areas to say S. Dallas. I do think there's a chance there could be camera's no doubt (for one cameras come cheap these days). Two of the explosives were miles from UT Austin and the other close to St. Ed's university. Austin does have nice home streets over from more run down, older homes (and many while on the outside appear not kept up many have been redone inside). Keep in mind there are college kids all over here and they do rent these home out in these areas. Austin is a very expensive place to live...our property taxes are really high compared to other cities in Texas. We have friends who live streets away from the location of a couple of the package bombs...and they are not run down homes! Hope this helps some...I am not that far myself and I live in an upscale area. Years ago we lived in a nice area but just 2 streets away was another neighborhood with no HOA. The houses looked like dumps with trash and junk in the yards, but still ran close to $400k.

The two victims killed in the explosions are relatives of prominent members of Austin’s African American community. The first, 39-year-old Anthony Stephan House, was the stepson of Freddie Dixon, a former pastor at a historic black church in Austin.

“This is a real mystery, and how all of this mystery comes together, I have no idea,” said Dixon.

He said he did not know of anyone who had a grudge against his stepson, who worked in construction, was married and had an 8-year-old daughter. But Dixon said he himself is good friends with Norman Mason, the grandfather of the teenager who was killed Monday. The teen has not been formally identified.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ious-packages-as-more-explosions-rock-austin/

An acquaintance wasn't able to attend a get-together I went to on March 3 because he was a neighbor of the first victim and the first to respond to the bomb going off. The FBI asked him to stick around the next day, and I haven't heard anything from him since then. It didn't sound like he had any actual information. If I knew him better I would ask him some questions, but we aren't close.

I have a facebook friend who is just outside the police tape of the 2nd bombing (Oldfort Hill) and she's a former journalist for the Austin American Statesman. She wrote yesterday, "Please keep my neighbors and neighborhood in your hearts. Many folks on my street related (and related to victims), very tight-knit - original home owners from when Springdale Hill was founded in the 1960s...There is police tape tied to one of the bars on my LR window and attached at the other end to my neighbors' house across the street. Media line to the south of that."

Thank you for sharing these details. ❤️

I've been composing this for a while, so please forgive any repeat information being posted. I was trying to be thorough!

The victim of the first bomb (3/2/2018, 1112 Haverford Dr, Anthony Stephan House) was the president of his homeowner's association and his wife was an elementary school teacher. Per Travis County tax records, he bought the house in 2010 and he owned it outright. The Washington Post has reported that victim's stepfather, Freddie Dixon, was good friends with the grandfather (Norman Mason) of the teen who was killed with the second bomb. Freddie Dixon is a former pastor at a historic black church in Austin (Wesley United Methodist Church) and the Masons are members of this church.

The teen victim of the second bomb (3/12/2018, Oldfort Hill Dr, name not yet officially released) was in high school and also played the bass in Austin Youth Orchestra. Though the teen has not formally been identified, the Washington Post states that the victim's grandfather Norman Lewis Mason is a dentist in East Austin who has mentored African American student-athletes at UT. His wife, LaVonne Mason, is cofounder of the Austin Area Urban League and former Texas Woman's University regent. From an old article in the Austin American Statesman, she had stated that they had moved to Austin in 1970 - they chose Austin because it was "growing, stable, and could promise nice weather."

The victim of the third bomb (3/12/18, 6706 Galindo St 78741, Esperanza Moreno) lived with her mother and was described by neighbors as a good person who liked to chat and share recipes. The house is owned by Maria "Mary" Moreno outright according to the tax records - they have lived there since at least 1980 and the house was built in 1961. Her husband Theodore (Teodoro) G Moreno had worked as a driver for the state school for the deaf in the 1950s per the city directory. Freddie Dixon has stated that he does not know the Morenos.

Looking through the tax records, there is a woman named Erica Mason who owns 6702 Galindo St - this is two houses removed from 6706 Galindo St. She is approximately 34 years old. I don't know if there is any direct connection to the Mason family of the second bomb, but since this is one of the only two non-Spanish-origin names on this block, I think it's pretty interesting it's a name also associated with the second victim's family.

I've been composing this for a while, so please forgive any repeat information being posted. I was trying to be thorough!

The victim of the first bomb (3/2/2018, 1112 Haverford Dr, Anthony Stephan House) was the president of his homeowner's association and his wife was an elementary school teacher. Per Travis County tax records, he bought the house in 2010 and he owned it outright. The Washington Post has reported that victim's stepfather, Freddie Dixon, was good friends with the grandfather (Norman Mason) of the teen who was killed with the second bomb. Freddie Dixon is a former pastor at a historic black church in Austin (Wesley United Methodist Church) and the Masons are members of this church.

The teen victim of the second bomb (3/12/2018, Oldfort Hill Dr, name not yet officially released) was in high school and also played the bass in Austin Youth Orchestra. Though the teen has not formally been identified, the Washington Post states that the victim's grandfather Norman Lewis Mason is a dentist in East Austin who has mentored African American student-athletes at UT. His wife, LaVonne Mason, is cofounder of the Austin Area Urban League and former Texas Woman's University regent. From an old article in the Austin American Statesman, she had stated that they had moved to Austin in 1970 - they chose Austin because it was "growing, stable, and could promise nice weather."

The victim of the third bomb (3/12/18, 6706 Galindo St 78741, Esperanza Moreno) lived with her mother and was described by neighbors as a good person who liked to chat and share recipes. The house is owned by Maria "Mary" Moreno outright according to the tax records - they have lived there since at least 1980 and the house was built in 1961. Her husband Theodore (Teodoro) G Moreno had worked as a driver for the state school for the deaf in the 1950s per the city directory. Freddie Dixon has stated that he does not know the Morenos.

Looking through the tax records, there is a woman named Erica Mason who owns 6702 Galindo St - this is two houses removed from 6706 Galindo St. She is approximately 34 years old. I don't know if there is any direct connection to the Mason family of the second bomb, but since this is one of the only two non-Spanish-origin names on this block, I think it's pretty interesting it's a name also associated with the second victim's family.

great find. It seems Mason might be the key. So, who has a judge against this family? and why?

maybe the third was sent to the wrong address accidentally?

Is Norman mason associated with anything legally? Was he ever an attorney or involved in law?

I would like to know who else lived in the home of the 17 year old boy who was killed. Was there an elderly family member living there as well?

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Norman Mason is a dentist. He and his wife did volunteer for and become friendly with Governor Mark White whose son is now in a run-off election to become the Democratic gubernatorial candidate. That seems like a rather loose association though. They have both been very active in the community over the years.

I'm pretty sure the Erica Mason who lives on Galindo St is a white hair dresser after surfing around fb and those horrible data collector sites. There is an African-American Erica Mason in the Austin area (also on FB) but I have no idea if she is at all related to the family. Maybe it is a case of mistaken identity plus wrong address, but it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me at the moment.

Wished they could describe the packages and what to look out for.

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member