TX TX - Austin, UncMale, 35-50, UP74897, found in creek bed under bridge, rib and nasal fractures, Adidas hat, Sept '20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
NamUs #UP74897

Demographics
Sex: Male
Race/Ethnicity: Uncertain
Estimated Age Group: Adult
Estimated Age Range (Years): 35-50
Estimated Year of Death: 2020
Estimated PMI: N/A
Height: 5'1"-5'8" (61-68 inches), Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate
Cause of Death: Unknown

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: September 16, 2020
NamUs Case Created: October 22, 2020
ME/C QA Reviewed: N/A
Location Found: Austin, Texas 78724
County: Travis County
Circumstances of Recovery: The decedent is an unidentified individual who was last known responsive at an unknown date and time. A local resident in the area of the 6900 block of FM 969 was riding their bike across the bridge located on FM 969 on 9/16/2020. The bicyclist smelled a foul odor and looked over the railing of the bridge, observing the decedent clearly deceased in the creek bed below atop a pile of debris. 911 was contacted at 1757hrs on 9/16/2020; Emergency Medical Services responded alongside law enforcement and death was pronounced at 1808hrs on 09/16/20.

Analysis performed by University of North Texas anthropologists suggests that the decedent may have been of Hispanic descent, but African descent cannot be excluded.
Inventory of Remains: N/A
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description
Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinctive Physical Features: Remote rib fractures; remote nasal bone fracture

Clothing and Accessories
- White and grey Reebok brand sock; White Tennis Shoe; Adidas Baseball Hat; Hanes Boxers; Starter Brand Pants XL (40-42in) (On the Body)

Thanks for posting this @citizen_sleuth.

I am unfamiliar with the term “remote” when describing the rib & nasal bone fractures. I presume this means the fractures did not occur at/around the time of death, but were sustained at an earlier point in time?

Please can someone correct me if I’m wrong!

( edited to correct grammar)

Thanks for posting this @citizen_sleuth.

I am unfamiliar with the term “remote” when describing the rib & nasal bone fractures. I presume this means the fractures did not occur at/around the time of death, but were sustained at an earlier point in time?

Please can someone correct me if I’m wrong!

( edited to correct grammar)
Yes, that is my understanding of how the term "remote" is used in the medical sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho
Back