GUILTY TX - Becky Hamilton, 52, Harris County, 1 Jan 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<snip>

HOUSTON - A body found stuffed in a storage locker last week is that of a missing Huffman woman, the founder of a Texas search group said Monday.

The Harris County Medical Examiner's Office positively identified the
corpse as 52-year-old Becky Hamilton, and it's already notified her
family members, Texas Equusearch Founder Tim Miller said. He did not disclose her cause of death.

more here

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100111-equusearch-body-found-is-huffman-woman

RIP Becky.

anybody know what a storage locker is? is it a rubber maid type tub?

ETA: nevermind I googled it. What I found kinda looks like a small truck tool box type thing with hinges.

I am just getting back on WS today since I searched last week.

My heartfelt condolences to all of Becky's family, friends, and loved ones as well as the amazing searchers.

This was my first search and I am still in awe over the number of good people that are left in this world that came out to search for someone elses loved one. I have never experienced anything / feeling / emotions like that in my lifetime.

It really, really, had me in "deep thought" for several days...just so many emotions...then to learn Friday morning (I didn't get to search Friday) that they found her body...bittersweet feeling...good that her family doesn't have to wonder where she is for another night...bad that such evil people exist...good that so many good people still exist...and on, and on...anyway...thank you to everyone here for your prayers and support during the search...it certainly helped me, that I do believe.

Here's some new info in a article updated / tonight.
<snipped>
more at link

Her Jeep was found hours later, abandoned at a car wash parked on West Gulf Bank near the North Freeway, 27 miles away from the bar and a good distance from Hernandez's home. Harris County sheriff's homicide detectives, who initially investigated the missing persons case, wouldn't say if there were any signs of foul play found in the vehicle.

A witness reported seeing two men getting out of the vehicle at the car wash during the early morning hours of New Year's Day and walking away, but didn't think much of it at the time, Miller said.
Her remains had been stuffed into a storage locker, which was then shoved into a silk bag and hidden under a blanket, Miller said.
She and her boyfriend had been at The Tin Club Sports Bar together earlier in the night on New Year's Eve, but Hernandez left around 10:30 p.m. to go to her nearby trailer home while her boyfriend remained behind at the bar, Miller said.

Surveillance video captured her leaving the trailer park in her Jeep around 1:20 a.m. to pick up her boyfriend, but when she went inside the tavern, she learned he had already left, Miller said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6809472.html

It is so sad that this happened to Becky. I am curious how they knew to look in this particular field, since it was so far away from the bar and her home? Hopefully, there will be some forensics within the storage container, the silk blanket and the blanket that can be linked to a murderer.

I am just getting back on WS today since I searched last week.

My heartfelt condolences to all of Becky's family, friends, and loved ones as well as the amazing searchers.

This was my first search and I am still in awe over the number of good people that are left in this world that came out to search for someone elses loved one. I have never experienced anything / feeling / emotions like that in my lifetime.

It really, really, had me in "deep thought" for several days...just so many emotions...then to learn Friday morning (I didn't get to search Friday) that they found her body...bittersweet feeling...good that her family doesn't have to wonder where she is for another night...bad that such evil people exist...good that so many good people still exist...and on, and on...anyway...thank you to everyone here for your prayers and support during the search...it certainly helped me, that I do believe.

Here's some new info in a article updated / tonight.
<snipped>
more at link

Her Jeep was found hours later, abandoned at a car wash parked on West Gulf Bank near the North Freeway, 27 miles away from the bar and a good distance from Hernandez's home. Harris County sheriff's homicide detectives, who initially investigated the missing persons case, wouldn't say if there were any signs of foul play found in the vehicle.

A witness reported seeing two men getting out of the vehicle at the car wash during the early morning hours of New Year's Day and walking away, but didn't think much of it at the time, Miller said.
Her remains had been stuffed into a storage locker, which was then shoved into a silk bag and hidden under a blanket, Miller said.
She and her boyfriend had been at The Tin Club Sports Bar together earlier in the night on New Year's Eve, but Hernandez left around 10:30 p.m. to go to her nearby trailer home while her boyfriend remained behind at the bar, Miller said.

Surveillance video captured her leaving the trailer park in her Jeep around 1:20 a.m. to pick up her boyfriend, but when she went inside the tavern, she learned he had already left, Miller said.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6809472.html

I wonder if she lived in the trailer park that is like 3-4 blocks from the bar? I'm assuming that she did not return back home or they would've seen that on the surveillance camera also. I wonder if someone else besides the BF asked her for a ride home? Maybe someone she knew or someone she knew that was a friend of the BF?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/22219204/detail.html

Police released surveillance video from the Advanced Auto Parts store at 5802 Aldine Bender.

Investigators said a man caught on tape is considered a person of interest. He walked into the store on Jan. 1 at 8:30 a.m. and bought black spray paint and a box of latex gloves.

The receipt from the purchase was found in Hamilton's vehicle, police said.

Surveillance video from an adults-only store at 9400 Gulf Freeway was also released.

Police said that on Jan. 8, a man and a woman bought items worth more than $100 using Hamilton's credit card. The man is believed to be the same man from the auto parts store.

Police did not release the cause of death.

Good! They got the killer on tape!!

to put it in TX terms: this ain't this guy's first rodeo

talk about premeditation, he is buying latex gloves at 8 am...they need to catch this creep fast, no one is safe. jmo

to put it in TX terms: this ain't this guy's first rodeo

talk about premeditation, he is buying latex gloves at 8 am...they need to catch this creep fast, no one is safe. jmo

But...it was 8:30 a.m. on JAN.1 AFTER she went missing New Year's Eve (very early 1/1/10). So, wonder where she was while he was buying the paint and gloves? I'm sure she was already gone, perhaps he was just buying supplies for the disposal. Glad he's on tape and using her credit card as recently as last Friday. He must not have been worried about being caught. Police had already recovered Becky's body at that point.

I'm with you, I bet this guy has done something like this before. SICK SOB, hope he's caught soon!

A little more on the 10:00 news and online now...

<snipped>

Hamilton's body stuffed in a small storage box that measured just 26 inches by 16 by 11 and was wrapped in a curtain hidden under a comforter.

"Who would go out and purchase a box of latex gloves and paint?" Padilla asked. "That's suspicious. It was 2 miles from where the body was discovered."

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100112-missing-huffman-woman-death

also from http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6812354.html

Hamilton was with her boyfriend at the bar but left by herself. Her boyfriend is not considered a suspect, said police who called him &#8220;very cooperative.&#8221;

Has anyone heard if they have identified the man on the tapes?

I'm so glad to hear of this arrest. This guy belongs behind bars forever.

My condolences to Becky's family and friends.

May you dance and sing and rejoice with the angels, Becky!

An arrest has been made! Amen!

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/6819584.html

Sex Offender Arrested in New Year's Slaying.

Another monster on the loose - and this time he killed. :mad:

He has a court date on the 19th....I hope they raise his bond so there's no chance at all he can get out before trial.

Then hopefully after trial he never gets a chance to hurt another woman or little kid again.

I'm glad they caught him but it makes me sick that a like this was on the streets at all!

ETA:
<snippets>
According to court records, Rickett beat Hamilton to death, “striking [her] in the head with an unknown object.”
Only a week earlier, the Harris County Sheriff’s Office had checked on Ricketts and his compliance with sex offender registration requirements.

http://www.hcnonline.com/articles/2010/01/17/atascocita_observer/breaking_news/03hohuffman.txt

Ricketts has a lengthy criminal history of violent acts in Harris County dating back to 1987. Convictions for indecency with an 8-year-old girl, a rape during a burglary and an aggravated sexual assault contribute to his status as a &#8220;high-risk&#8221; sex offender.

Court records also show several assaults and a 2009 child endangerment conviction for striking a woman who fell while holding a 1-year-old.

Ricketts was recently paroled.
http://www.click2houston.com/entertainment/22256362/detail.html

Why was he on the streets??

Thanks everyone for the arrest information. I've been checking daily and just got back home this evening and checked the local news sites and there it is...I should've known that my fellow WS's would already have this information posted.

While I am thankful that they made an arrest and have no doubt Harris County prosecutors will get a conviction...I am sickened by what this SOB did...or allegedly did.

Prayers to Becky's family friends and loved ones.

Suspect in Court in Huffman Woman's Death

Updated: Tuesday, 19 Jan 2010, 5:16 PM CST

HOUSTON - A murdered Huffman woman, found nude and stuffed into a small storage box, died because someone smashed an unknown object into her head.

Larry Allen Ricketts is charged with Becky Hamilton's murder. Ricketts stood in front of a judge on Tuesday for an arraignment and his first court appearance. (Prosecutor) says a woman seen on a surveillance video obtained by FOX 26 News, identified Ricketts as Hamilton's killer.
I've got a long road to make sure that he gets what he deserves through the court system," said Debra Broussard, Hamilton's sister. Broussard was at Ricketts' arraignment. Larry Ricketts is jailed on a $200,000 bond.

more at link...including video of arraignment hearing

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100119-larry-allen-ricketts-court

I will continue to pray for this family as they fight for justice for Becky.

Suspect in Court in Huffman Woman's Death

Updated: Tuesday, 19 Jan 2010, 5:16 PM CST

HOUSTON - A murdered Huffman woman, found nude and stuffed into a small storage box, died because someone smashed an unknown object into her head.

Larry Allen Ricketts is charged with Becky Hamilton's murder. Ricketts stood in front of a judge on Tuesday for an arraignment and his first court appearance. (Prosecutor) says a woman seen on a surveillance video obtained by FOX 26 News, identified Ricketts as Hamilton's killer.
I've got a long road to make sure that he gets what he deserves through the court system," said Debra Broussard, Hamilton's sister. Broussard was at Ricketts' arraignment. Larry Ricketts is jailed on a $200,000 bond.

more at link...including video of arraignment hearing

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news/local/100119-larry-allen-ricketts-court

I will continue to pray for this family as they fight for justice for Becky.

Evil personified.

The video stated that Becky's funeral is today. Rest in Peace Becky, justice is coming. For her family and friends, may God comfort them all.

This guy is the poster child for the death penalty. With his criminal history I can't even fathom why he was out of prison. I live in Harris County, so he better hope I don't get jury duty because I'm ready to serve. Sorry, but I just feel so much anger this piece of scum was out and free.

Taking a deep breath now.

RIP Becky.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129