GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brittany Jeffers‏Verified account @KPRC2BrittanyJ
Attorney for #DavidTemple says ‘it’s impossible’ for them to post the $1 million dollar bond. @KPRC2

EDPKxTVXYAAeUL4.jpg

11:09 AM - 30 Aug 2019 pst

Bond set at a million. 10% and with $100,000 he walks until sentencing date.
\

He will not walk with $100,000 as that is only the cash portion to secure a bond. DT would still need collateral for the $1mil bond to be released.

Doubtful he is going anywhere -- and why defense requested only $30k bond.

MOO

Judge grants bond for convicted murderer David Temple

Aug 30, 2019

On Friday, Temple's case went before a judge again for a bond hearing. The judge said Temple is entitled to bond under the law.

Temple's attorneys asked for a $30,000 bond, but prosecutors argued that the bond should reflect his conviction.

Ultimately, the judge set Temple's bond at $1 million.

Temple's attorney said it is "impossible" for his family to post that bond.

Judge sets David Temple's bond at $1 million after plea from murdered wife's father

HOUSTON — A Houston judge set David Temple’s bond at $1 million Friday morning.

Temple was found guilty earlier this month of murdering his pregnant wife, Belinda Temple, in 1999. It was his second murder trial.

[...]

He will be tried [for sentencing only] a third time in 2020.

For Belinda's family, it's the nightmare that never ends.

Before making his decision on the bond, the judge read an emotional letter from her father, Tom Lucas.

“Temple has caused severe grief for me for over 20 years. The stress of this has caused me emotional turmoil," he wrote. "David Temple has taken Belinda, Aaron, Evan and Carol, my wife from me. The stress of hearing David Temple three years ago getting out of prison caused her to have a heart attack and die. David Temple should spend the rest of his life in prison.”

Temple's brother testified their parents are in poor health, and Temple could help them if allowed out on bond.

Hopefully he will sit right where he's at and never be free to walk outside as a free man. I wonder if his GF turned wife will continue to stick by him?

So sorry for Belinda's family having to go through this again!

I forgot the hearing was today - simply stunning that Temple doesn't meet the criteria of flight risk - he's been convicted of murder for the second time - what in the world would he have to lose by taking off? He knows he's going back in the slammer until his dying day, he's the epitome of a flight risk. Yeesh.

I saw that there will be an appeal to get it lowered, who makes that decision, this judge or an appellate court?

there is something massively wrong with granting a twice convicted murderer any kind of bond.

Couldn't agree more.

Supposedly his attorney says he won't be able to make it and I hope that is the case.

I have a stupid question (sorry) IF Temple can come up with the 100,000. does he get that back next March, if he shows up?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arling
Back