GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So here's my question...I can't remember how much time he already has served in jail. And doesn't that count as time already served? If he doesn't get life he could still get out soon just depending on whatever the sentence is.

And they did show the episode on 20/20...I think they said what kind of sentence some jurors were leaning towards but I don't recall the breakdown. Does anyone know?

I feel bad for her family....they never got to be around Evan.
Given the delay to start the sentencing phase for his 2019 conviction, I'm just glad that the Court set an unprecedented bond at $1M, and that DT hasn't been able to swing it!

I don't know what to think or predict for the sentence after a jury twice-convicted this defendant for murder, yet they were unable to agree on his sentence?? It's mind-numbing to me!

The vote has to be unanimous and I think Mr. Kahan previously stated that all but two voted for a life sentence.

Seems this was a first where jurors were not unanimous for the sentence:

However, after the jury deliberated for 19 hours, over three days, they could not reach a unanimous agreement on sentencing.

“There is no precedent for finding someone guilty the second time and not agreeing on a sentencing,” says Kahan.

https://www.katymagazineonline.com/...tencing-22-years-after-pregnant-wife-s-murder

DAVID TEMPLE
Custody Record
Age53
GenderMale
RaceWhite

Ethnicity Non-Hispanic
Date of Birth Jul **, ****
ID Number0085****
Custody Status Date Aug 06, 2019 12:00 AM CDT
Custody StatusIn Custody
Custody Detail Harris County Jail
Book Date Aug 06, 2019 12:00 AM CDT

Harris County Jail
Houston, TX

VINELink

800px-1200JailHoustonTX.JPG

According to Vinelink -- DT is housed at 1200 Jail (Baker St)
which from the Wiki sounds like a better facility than DOC. I don't think DT is in any rush to finish up with sentencing and shipped out to state prison. He's got all the conveniences of home in downtown Houston.

The 1200 Jail (located at 1200 Baker Street) opened on January 23, 2003.[6] The 1200 Jail has the administrative offices of the Sheriff's Department. The building has 603,000 square feet (56,000 m2) of space, and it has a 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2) parking garage.

The facility, which has 4,156 regular beds, 124 beds for the Medical Division, and 96 beds for MHMRA, is one American football field deep and two American football fields in length.
430 sheriff's deputies and detention officers work at the facility. The facility houses an inmate classification center.

Each floor has counseling rooms, MHMRA examination/interview rooms, multi-purpose rooms, a recreation area, triage rooms.

The fourth floor houses women. The sixth floor houses a law library and vocational rooms. The jail offers New Choices, a substance abuse program.[7] The 1200 Jail includes a large medical clinic, a dental facility, an infirmary, mental health facilities, a pharmacy, an x-ray facility.[6]

Harris County, Texas jails - Wikipedia

From the link:

A jury will be tasked with deciding if David Temple will spend the rest of his life in prison.

Belinda Temple's father, Tom Lucas, said he hasn't been able to move on because his daughter and her unborn child still don't have justice.

Belinda was eight and a half months pregnant when her husband, a former football coach from Katy, shot her to death in 1999.

[..]

Temple's sentencing [Juror selection] starts Monday, and ABC13 will be there, as we have been covering this case for more than two decades.

For news updates, follow Courtney Fischer on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

I’ve never seen this case, however now that I’ve jumped down the websleuths rabbit hole….its horribly sad that Evan never got to know the mothers side of the family. Even worse he was raised by the new wife! That makes me want to scream. Heart breaking for Belinda and her family.

I’ve never seen this case, however now that I’ve jumped down the websleuths rabbit hole….its horribly sad that Evan never got to know the mothers side of the family. Even worse he was raised by the new wife! That makes me want to scream. Heart breaking for Belinda and her family.
Absolutely, @MyJoey!

I'll never forget the day I heard a soundbite from inside the courtroom when a reporter covering the case said this was the first time that Belinda's family had seen their grandson, nephew, or cousin, in 20+ years and they were actually looking at a married, young man. :( :(

Absolutely, @MyJoey!

I'll never forget the day I heard a soundbite from inside the courtroom when a reporter covering the case said this was the first time that Belinda's family had seen their grandson, nephew, or cousin, in 20+ years and they were actually looking at a married, young man. :( :(
How a Texas football coach twice found guilty of his wife's murder may still walk free

Even more heart breaking when you hear Evan say he considered Heather to be his mother. Makes me sad for what Belinda missed out on…..can’t really say what I would like to about Heather, I would get booted off.

4/3/23

HOUSTON - Jury selection begins Monday in the sentencing phase for David Temple, who was convicted of the murder of his wife.

During a retrial in August 2019, Temple was found guilty for the second time in the 1999 death of his pregnant wife, Katy High School teacher Belinda Temple.

[..]

He has remained in the Harris County Jail on a $1 million bond.

[..]

In 2020, Temple's attorneys asked the judge to toss out the second conviction and hold a new trial. They also asked for a change of venue, but a judge denied both requests.

Jury selection begins in 2nd sentencing trial of David Temple-- 4/3/23

David Temple was 30 yrs old when he murdered his wife, Belinda. He's now 55.

Wow-- I'm a bit surprised no jury has been seated as of this hour.

Watching the trial for the killer of child Gannon Stauch in El Paso County, CO now where 75 jurors per day were processed very efficiently -- and this is also an NGRI defense case too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garybeans
Back