GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll be honest, I am not a fan of the defense attorney Dick DeGuerin ala Robert Durst, nor David's newest defense team. But, hey, defense attorneys don't become defense attorneys to make friends as we all know too well.

It is truly a sad situation for Brenda's family.

I am looking forward to any new evidence the new trial may present. I suspect the new defense team may offer up more of a reasonable doubt scenario.

~ Boots

Ogg says decision on whether to retry Temple case could take another 60 days
DA says a decision on retrial could take another 60 days

By Brian Rogers | February 27, 2017 | Updated: February 27, 2017 9:09pm

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said Monday it will be at least another 60 days before a decision is made on whether to re-try the murder case against former Katy football star and Alief coach David Temple.

Temple's conviction was tossed out last year after the state's highest court ruled that prosecutors withheld evidence in his 2007 murder trial. He was sentenced to life in prison for the grisly shooting of his pregnant wife, Belinda Lucas Temple, in 1999.

On Monday, Ogg said she needed more time to review the massive file before deciding whether David Temple would face trial again. She also said she had not ruled out giving the case to a special prosecutor.
(. . . )

I just watched 48 Hours too. I really like Kelly Siegler but I have to admit that the evidence looks more favorable that the neighbor kid did it. Never thought I'd doubt Kelly's judgement but I have a bad feeling about this case and the evidence that wasn't shared with the defense. Wow.

I agree on both points.Kelly Siegler's explanations of her actions are laughable.When she explains in the 48 hrs. episode that the neighbor kid Sanders would not do this crime because he said he did not do it and just because he would not do it and when she says, Do you really think a 16 yr. old kid is going to walk into his neighbor ladies house and blow her brain out?,was just stupid.Yes 16 yr. old kids do this all the time.
Between the eyewitnesses and the the security video the timeline does not add up,David Temple did not kill his wife.

He's guilty. The prosecutor's misconduct is inexcusable but the evidence doesn't lie and it all pointed to David Temple. Don't rely on the 48 hours episode, rely on Katherine Casey's book Shattered. This is not a David Camm case. Don't feel sorry for the guy.

I think it is another David Camm case in that I also believe David Camm is guilty.

So is David Temple. I am convinced beyond any doubt. It will be inexcusable if they do not try him again.

Never been a big fan of Kelly Siegler, but this case cemented the fact i really don't like her or her style.
I dread to think how many innocent people are behind bars or spent time behind bars in cases she dealt with, in her drive to the top of 'the game'. :(

Never been a big fan of Kelly Siegler, but this case cemented the fact i really don't like her or her style.
I dread to think how many innocent people are behind bars or spent time behind bars in cases she dealt with, in her drive to the top of 'the game'. :(

I don't like her either, never have.

However, just as Temple likes to insist that the fact that he was a cheater doesn't make him a murderer, which is true, the fact that the prosecutor is an unethical liar doesn't make him innocent.

Decades-old murder case of Katy teacher advances

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Decades-old-murder-case-of-Katy-teacher-advances-11226691.php

His attorney, Stanley Schneider, secured permission from state District Judge Kelli Johnson to take the deposition of Temple's 75-year-old father while his health is stable.

Ken Temple, who has heart ailments and diabetes, needs to have his words captured while he is not in a health "crisis," Schneider said.

The elder man's testimony, which involves video evidence and a statement from the night in 1999 when David Temple's pregnant wife was killed, will show that it was "impossible for David to have committed the offense," Schneider said. "I'm just trying to protect Mr. Temple's right to present a defense."

David Temple, accused in notorious Katy murder, back in court - October 10th

http://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy/crime-courts/article/David-Temple-accused-in-notorious-Katy-murder-12264642.php

Attorneys for the 49-year-old will have the chance to depose Temple's elderly father in a full hearing on November 13, a judge ruled during Tuesday's status conference.

Lawyers for Temple have been allowed to take the deposition of Temple's elderly father in case Temple is re-tried for the murder of Belinda Lucas Temple.

If the case goes back to trial, the defense says Temple's father - who saw the wife just before she was killed - can narrow the window of time in which David Temple could have staged a burglary and shot his pregnant wife in the back of the head with a shotgun.

Accused wife killer David Temple wants Attorney General to decide if he'll go on trial again

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/David-Temple-accused-in-infamous-Katy-murder-12439679.php

In a motion filed Thursday, Temple's attorney, Stanley Schneider, says the accused man will not agree to a delay requested by special prosecutors with the Texas Attorney General's Office.

"Temple can not agree to the State's request for an extension of time to make a decision concerning the disposition of this case," according to the motion. "Temple requests an expeditious determination of his future status."

A hearing to go over pretrial motions has been scheduled for May 3.

Prosecutors with the Texas Attorney General's Office filed a motion last week asking for more time.

https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy/news/article/David-Temple-the-Alief-football-coach-whose-12884630.php

David Temple, the Alief Hastings High School football coach whose conviction for his wife's 1999 murder was overturned because of prosecutorial misconduct, returned to court Thursday asking for a trial as soon as possible.

However, special prosecutors in Austin have not decided whether they plan to try Temple again.

State District Judge Kelli Johnson granted a continuance in the notorious case, but also scheduled the trial, should it occur, for either Nov. 2 or February 2019.

Found that the family of Belinda has a special page set up for her that is run by Brenda Lucas, Belinda's twin sister. It has not been updated for almost a year. In some of the previous posts, on Belinda Lucas Temple, the family had concern that the current DA, Kelly Ogg, had some conflict of interest due to the fact that two of the prosecutors assigned to the case had worked hard to get David Temple's conviction overturned. It looks like that campaign was successful since it will now be tried by the Texas Attorney General's office. It has been continued until June 2, 2019. and is still uncertain if he will get a new trial. This case so reminded me of Chris Watts.

Does anyone know if this trial will start on June 20th?
According to the Harris County court records it will start on June 20th.
30thrif.jpg

https://www.hcdistrictclerk.com/edo...eTMN636B0vFd8oRrZUw0zOVsZ3ZX8YkOfwaj54j25mCo=

Per Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX, the jury selection in the David Temple trial will commence over the next several days starting tomorrow, June 20, 2019.

The retrial of David Temple is scheduled to start July 8, 2019.

Per Andy Kahan, there is a request to the Judge to streamline the trial. As of now (6/19/19), the Judge is allowing streaming of opening and closing arguments only.

Does anyone know if this trial will start on June 20th?

Caroline, I posted this in the above comment:

Per Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX, the jury selection in the David Temple trial will commence over the next several days starting tomorrow, June 20, 2019.

The retrial of David Temple is scheduled to start July 8, 2019.

Per Andy Kahan, there is a request to the Judge to streamline the trial. As of now (6/19/19), the Judge is allowing streaming of opening and closing arguments only.

@Ann-Tx Thank you. Jury selection starts at 9am this morning.

I saw “media coverage granted” on the docket today and got excited. Very disappointed to hear it’s only live-streaming opening and closing arguments.

r76lao.jpg

From browsing twitter I see that 48 hours, Kathryn Casey, and Dateline will all be following the trial.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bella257
Back