GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@chlban “Shattered” is a really good book, I love Kathryn Casey. Not saying I didn’t despise the guy after reading it and I had no doubt about his guilt at the time.

I will now be open-minded and listen to ALL of the evidence. He does deserve a fair trial.

(Reading suggestion is her new book “In Plain Sight.” It’s just so good.)
I don't think anything Pro's held back was helpful for or against guilt....he had motive, gun and opportunity ...hope he is found guilty again

I agree. He (and his girlfriend turned wife, IMO) had motive, means, and opportunity. I think his father also knew he was guilty and helped him dispose of the shotgun shells. It is a tragedy that this man was let out of prison. I truly hope everything is done by the book in this re-trial and that the jury puts him back in a cage where he belongs.
I wish he was still in prison awaiting trial, i find it strange when people who kill can just go on with their lives

I don't think anything Pro's held back was helpful for or against guilt....he had motive, gun and opportunity ...hope he is found guilty again
That’s not true. I don’t believe he had the opportunity and he didn’t have a gun and was never connected to the type of gun that was the murder weapon.

Like every other case we should provide links for definitive statements.

Police believed they had their man, but couldn’t arrest Temple because there was no hard evidence connecting him to the crime: no forensics, no fingerprints, no DNA. There were no signs that Temple had cleaned up: no glass or blood found in his truck. And despite an exhaustive search, police never found a shotgun that connected to David Temple.

Playing by the Rules?

FindLaw's Court of Criminal Appeals of Texas case and opinions.

JURY SEATED IN DAVID TEMPLE Re-TRIAL as of 6/24/19

A jury has been seated in the David Temple re-trial.

There are 5 females and 7 males. There are 4 male alternate jurors.

As previously reported, the trial is scheduled to start Monday, 7/8/19, in the State of Texas 178th District Court in Houston, Harris County, Texas.

Judge Kelli Johnson presiding.

The David Temple trial is scheduled to start Monday, 7/8/19, in the State of Texas 178th District Court in Houston, Harris County, Texas.

It is my understanding that KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX will stream the Opening Statements "live".

Still no decision by the presiding Judge Kelli Johnson if she will allow the entire trial to be streamed 'Live".

The Opening Statements and Closing Arguments will be streamed "live".

DAVID TEMPLE Re-TRIAL - starts Monday, 7/8/19, at 9 a.m.

See below for details!

Andy Kahan is the Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Houston Crime Stoppers - Houston, TX.

Sharing from Andy Kahan's Facebook timeline.

It has been 20 years and 6 months since Belinda Lucas and her unborn daughter Erin were brutally murdered ‘allegedly’ by her husband.

The retrial of David Temple is set to start Monday July 8th. I will be attending opening arguments along with members of Belinda’s Family. On behalf of Belinda’s Family we deeply appreciate all your support throughout the years.

David Temple faces new murder trial 20 years after wife’s brutal slaying

~~~~~~ End of Andy Kahan's comment ~~~~~

My comment:

DAVID TEMPLE Re-TRIAL - Monday, 7/8/19

The re-trial of David Temple in the murder of his wife, Belinda Lucas Temple, starts Monday, July 8, 2019 at 9 a.m. CDT in the State of Texas 178th District Court in Houston, Harris County, Texas.

The jury was seated on 6/24/19. There are 5 females and 7 males. There are 4 male alternate jurors.

Belinda was 8 months pregnant with baby Erin at the time of her murder. They resided in Katy, TX.

The Opening Statements will be streamed "live" by KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX. Also, the Closing Arguments, at the end of the trial, will be streamed "Live".

To my knowledge, Judge Kelli Johnson has not rendered a ruling of whether she will allow the entire trial to be streamed "Live". I would think she would render her ruling on Monday, 7/8/19. Just my opinion; not a fact.

Lisa Tanner, is the Texas Assistant District Attorney, who will be the lead prosecutor in the David Temple re-trial. With Lisa Tanner's credentials and experience, I think she will do an outstanding job as lead prosecuting attorney.

~~~ Justice for Belinda Lucas Temple and baby Erin ~~~

Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX did an interview with KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX.

It was on the 10 p.m. News tonight (Sunday), 7/7/19.

Video & article:

Family of Belinda Temple hopes for justice in David Temple's upcoming retrial
By Sally Mamdooh - Reporter --- KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX
Posted: 9:25 PM, July 07, 2019 Updated: 10:25 PM, July 07, 2019

Family of Belinda Temple hopes for justice in David Temple's upcoming retrial

Last edited:
Does anybody know if there is a live stream to this trial?

I followed the first one closely and had no doubt about Temple's guilt. I also don't think his conviction should have been overturned. Hoping for another guilty verdict.

Edit- Never mind, many thanks to Ann-Tx- found the live stream here:

Watch Live: Opening statements in David Temple's second murder trial

Last edited:
So far I think the prosecutor is doing an excellent job laying out the strong circumstantial evidence in this case. Evan being sick, the dog, the staged break-in.

Even mastermind Dick DeGuerin couldn't sell the BS story that a 16 year old student did this horrible crime.

Update: David Temple re-trial - 7/8/19
Houston, TX

I had to be in Houston this morning and left my home at 8 a.m. CDT.

Just got home. Saw the end of the update on the David Temple trial by KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX.

Reporter said the trial will last about a month. KPRC will (like probably all of mainstream media in Houston, TX) be there everyday and will update on the News and "live" .

Reporter said the Defense will do their Opening Statement this afternoon.

I will post Links, that are not already posted, to the Houston media that might have updates already posted to their websites.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back