GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RE: David Temple re-trial - 7/8/19

The trial will NOT be streamed "Live" but the Opening Statements, Closing Arguments and Verdict will be "Live Streamed" per the presiding Judge Kelli Johnson!

Snipped from KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

"The judge is only allowing live coverage of the opening statements, the closing arguments and the verdict."

~ End of Snip ~

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX -- Updated: 10:17 AM, July 08, 2019

LIVE STREAM: Opening statements at retrial of David Temple in wife's 1999 slaying

RE: David Temple re-trial

Mainstream media coverage:

As expected, all of Houston's mainstream media will be covering the David Temple re-trial.

Although the trial will not be streamed "Live", the reporters will be attending the trial and cover the trial every day during their newscasts.

As previously stated, the Opening Statements, Closing Arguments and Verdict will be streamed "Live" per presiding Judge Kelli Johnson!

Houston, TX mainstream media:

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX

KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX

KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX

FOX26 - Houston, TX

The Houston Chronicle is the only large newspaper publisher in Houston, TX. There are small area newspapers.

The Houston Chronicle does have a reporter who covers various trials in Houston, TX. I assume they will cover the trial also. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
For your info, The Associated Press, has picked up the David Temple re-trial story. I am seeing many newspapers in other states posting, via The Associated Press, about the re-trial starting today in Houston, TX.

Please disregard this post. It is a duplicate. I tried to delete it but can't.

Maybe a MOD can delete this duplicate for me. Thanks!

For your info, The Associated Press, has picked up the David Temple re-trial story. I am seeing many newspapers in other states posting, via The Associated Press, about the re-trial starting today in Houston, TX.

Update: KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX
Updated: 5:54 PM, July 08, 2019

The article has been updated since their noon news but at the time of this posting, the video has not been updated yet.

Snipped from the article:

"Three people who knew Belinda Temple, including two teachers who worked with her at Katy High School, were the first set of witnesses to be called by the prosecution to testify."

"David Temple is charged with murder in the 1999 slaying of Belinda Temple. He sat at a table in the courtroom while prosecutors and his attorneys laid out their cases to the jurors."

"After more than two hours of opening statements, the judge called a recess for lunch."

"The judge is only allowing live television coverage of the opening statements, the closing arguments and the verdict."

~ End of Snips ~

Retrial of David Temple in wife's 1999 slaying begins

FOX26 News - Houston, TX .. .. . at this time (6:50 pm CDT), there is no update from this morning which I posted earlier.

FOX 26 News has their next newscast at 9 pm CDT. Maybe then they might have an update.

The following info is per Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX.

Andy Kahan attended the trial with the Lucas family today, 7/8/19.

Copied from Andy Kahan's personal Facebook page:

"Returning from a long day in court for the retrial of David Temple for the murder of his pregnant wife Belinda in 1999.
Packed courtroom for opening arguments. Producers from 20/20, Dateline and 48 Hours in attendance.
Belinda's Father entered the courtroom in a wheelchair and was able to watch opening statements."
~~~~~~~ End of Andy Kahan post ~~~~~~

Special thanks to Andy Kahan for attending the trial today with the Lucas family. Andy is an amazing victim's advocate!

Update from the Houston Chronicle - Houston, TX
(major newspaper)
Updated 4:44 pm CDT, Monday, July 8, 2019

Snipped:

"Family members of both Belinda and David Temple filled the benches in state District Judge Kelli Johnson's courtroom. Their now-grown son, Evan Temple, sat with his father's side of the family."

~ End of Snip ~
The above sentence was bolded by me; not the Houston Chronicle!

Retrial begins for former Katy-area football coach accused in wife’s killing

yellow cat, I don't know where Heather is.

I've heard some rumors a few weeks ago but I don't repeat rumors. I am a fact type of person.

Article from the Houston Chronicle - 10/25/2007
Testimony of Heather Scott Temple

Although this is an old article from David Temple's first trial, it is an interesting read. It is well written by Brian Rogers, one of my favorite Houston Chronicle writers.

It is about the testimony of Heather Scott Temple, David Temple's 2nd wife and the woman he was having an affair with at the time his wife, Belinda Lucas Temple and her unborn baby Erin, were murdered. Belinda was 8 months pregnant at the time of her murder.

Because Heather Scott Temple and David Temple weren't married at the time of the murder of Belinda Lucas Temple, Scott was not and is not protected from testifying under spousal privilege.

Temple's 2nd wife never discussed fatal shooting

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back