GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I the only one who thinks Riley Sanders was and has been thoroughly flushed out as a suspect? There is literally nothing that ties him to the crime. No fingerprints in the home, no DNA, nothing. The theory doesn't even make sense. Sanders had nothing against Belinda, and this was no robbery.

Looking back I'm remembering what the key pieces of info were that convinced me of guilt. I'd like to hear what was convincing to others also, one way or the other.

To me the fact that Temple took Evan out without his car seat speaks volumes. It's bad enough the kid was sick, but Temple was so full of adrenaline he didn't even take the car seat even though he was known to be very protective of Evan in the car.

Belinda's keys were found on the steps. Why? I personally believed Temple ambushed her almost immediately and she dropped her keys running up to her room.

What stuck out for others?

RE: David Temple re-trial

Possible mis-trial! Will know next week!

Oh no! Just saw KPRC (NBC) Houston, TX news (11 a.m. CDT News).

The reporter stated that a local Houston TV station violated the Judge's court order by broadcasting some of the audio testimony yesterday.

Judge Kelli Johnson announced it this morning in court per the reporter.

Judge Kelli Johnson is allowing ONLY Opening Statements, Closing Arguments and the Verdict to be streamed "live".

Andy Kahan, Director of Victim Services and Advocacy - Crime Stoppers of Houston, TX was interviewed also. He stated 'we will know next week' if a mistrial will be declared!

Another set back if that happens!

I don't see this update posted on KPRC's website yet. When they post the video/article, I will post it!

~~~~~~~~~
UPDATE as of 12:08 pm CDT

Watched the KPRC (NBC) - Houston news at 12 Noon. The reporter had additional info.

The reporter stated that KHOU (CBS) - Houston, TX violated presiding Judge Kelli Johnson's court order yesterday, July 8, 2019, about televising trial testimony.

Might declare a mis-trial depending on what was heard.

Both sides have until Monday of next week (7/15/19) to review the footage and determine what was heard.

Last edited:
Anyone sitting in the court room would have heard all of the testimony, what difference does it make if a clip was shown on the news? The jurors are admonished not to watch/read anything trial related so I don't understand how this could possibly lead to a mistrial. A contempt citation for KHOU possibly, but not a mistrial.

Mooo

Noon updates - Tuesday, 7/9/18
Day 2 of the David Temple re-trial

The following 2 Houston TV stations had updates on the David Temple trial during their noon TV news broadcasts. Video/article not posted yet to their websites.

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX
FOX26 News - Houston, TX
~~~~~~

KTRK (ABC) and KHOU (CBS) did not have an update on their noon news today, 7/9/18.

from FOX26 - Houston, TX - - - Noon TV News
Tuesday, 7/9/19 - Day 2 of the David Temple trial

The video/article is not yet posted on FOX26's website.

This is not verbatim but it is my summary of what the 12 Noon FOX26 News anchor said:

The Judge began today by announcing that a local TV station aired video from Monday (7/8/19).

There may be a Special Hearing.

The Judge banned all audio recordings after the Opening Statements from being aired until after the trial.

Temple's attorneys argued that they may have to ask for a mistrial because of this.

The Judge said the Defense and Prosecution have until Monday to review all video and audio from that local TV station.

If trial continues, it could last 6 weeks.

from KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX
Day 2 of David Temple trial

Posted: 1:39 PM, July 09, 2019
Updated: 1:39 PM, July 09, 2019

Video and article:

Unauthorized courtroom broadcast could lead to mistrial in David Temple case

I was watching KHOU's feed yesterday. The camera and audio stayed on during the break after the judge left the bench, both between the two opening statements and after the judge sent the jury to lunch before the first witness testified. I remember thinking it was odd that they were allowed to leave the feed on like that.

I will say, you could hear hustle and bustle and conversation, but there was no way to tell who was talking or what was being said. I can't imagine any conversation between Temple and his attorney was caught on tape

Investigator: Evidence where wife found dead "didn't look right"

Update on testimony today via The Houston Chronicle.

Looks like we will hear little to nothing about what's happening in the courtroom each day. I find myself profoundly sad for Belinda today, knowing the monster that murdered her may earn his freedom, and that her baby boy was raised by the woman he killed her for.

KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX . .. .

The Anchor on the Noon News today, 7/10/19, said their reporter (said the name but I don't recall it) will have a "Live" update on the David Temple trial from the "Court House" today at 4 pm and 6 pm CDT News!

Link to KPRC (News) website:

News | Houston, Texas, Local News Headlines | Click2Houston

Link to "Watch Live" News:

WATCH LIVE: KPRC 2 News

These are the days/times that you can watch "live":

Watch KPRC 2 News Live!

Monday through Friday from 4:30am-7am; 11am-12pm; 12pm-12:30pm; 4-4:30pm; 5-5:30pm; 6-6:30pm, and 10-10:30pm.

Saturday from 6-7am; 8:30-9:30am; 6-6:30pm, and 10-10:30pm.

Sunday from 6-7am; 8-9am, 10-10:30am, 5-5:30pm, and 10-11pm.