TX - Billy Chemirmir, Suspect in deaths of 22 elderly women, Dallas area, 2003-2018 *killed in prison by cellmate 2023*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Texas 'serial killer' charged with smothering to death 18 elderly women in Dallas | Daily Mail Online

"Billy Chemirmir, 49, is accused of smothering the women to death with a pillow by working as a medical professional or maintenance person, then stealing their valuables, in a string of deaths in Texas that happened between 2016 and 2018.

During a phone interview from jail last week, Chemirmir denied all the charges against him and told The Dallas Morning News that he is '100% sure I will not go to prison' for the murders of the 18 elderly women."

"But in November 2021 a mistrial was declared in the case of Lu Thi Harris, an 81-year-old Vietnamese immigrant living in Dallas when she was killed.

Chemirmir remains in the Dallas County Jail as he awaits an April 25 retrial of the Harris murder, after the first jury to hear a murder case against him deadlocked 11-1.

The Harris trial lasted four days, and jurors began deliberating the outcome with a lone holdout preventing a verdict.

Prosecutors have vowed to retry the accused killer - with one key change in the retrial to be that families will be allowed in the courtroom."

"Chemirmir told the newspaper he was born and raised in Kenya's Rift Valley, between the cities of Eldoret and Nakuru, and that he's the son of a wealthy farmer, and the second of three wives. He is also one of 28 children. "

I do find it extraordinary that an experienced LE officer used a box he found in a dumpster to store evidence, especially when the evidence he wanted to store was also found in the dumpster, cross contamination is almost inevitable. The defense is already focusing on this point.

It is also obvious that state knows the defense is going after evidence integrity, and have so far brought in 3 witnesses to testify to how the jewelry box was collected and received, and the defense is wanting to exclude this evidence. I expected the judge to rule against defense motion as she did, but this will be a factor running through the trial as it moves forward.
LE should have called in crime scene tech to properly collect the evidence with evidence boxes, and started a correct chain of custody from scene to lab with crime scene tape, the evidence in this box is important and to use a found box to put items in and to not properly seal box with tape just makes it harder for the prosecution when the defense can then keep bringing up the way the evidence was collected.
It makes me so cross when they don't adhere to correct protocols, when it is so easy to do it the right way.

Last edited:
A juror didn't turn up to court so opening statements are delayed, think they have gone to find the juror,

The victim who survived her attack (now deceased) was 91 and she was an extraordinary woman, watching her give her statement to the prosecutor she is as sharp as a tack, and her hair and skin are lovely, even at 91 she was living a good life, she had 6 children and was a widow, she survived an horrific attack and had 7 pieces of jewelry stolen, most of it bought be her husband and family, including her wedding and engagement rings, one of her rings was given by her husband and was distinctive, (this was the one the defendant sold online which tied him to the attack on her).

Mary seems to be such a lovely woman, how anybody could attack elderly women like her as was done in this series of crimes and have murdered so many is horrendous, these women if they were anything like Mary had a lot of life left to live, with families that must have been devastated. I hope Mary's family remember her as she was in this deposition a lovely women who I am sure would have been a delight to know, she charmed everybody who was present at the deposition.

Last edited:
I hope cameras don;t get thrown out, some of the microphones were left on during the break and seems someone in the court is not happy about it, I think judges should have a switch to turn microphones and cameras off and on would resolve the continuous issues about what can and can't be filmed or recorded

now trial has started it is moving along at a good pace, also I love demonstrative aids and the state has some lovely big maps (I especially love maps) to demonstrate all the places being discussed, oh and one more thing I am loving the judge has her nickname on her name plate on the bench and her name is Rachel and her nickname is Rocky

one thing that I am very curious about is I read in an article that he pawned items at pawn shops over the years that amounted to thousands of dollars mostly jewels and gold, I wonder if the pawn shop owners or gold stores weren't a bit curious as to where he got all these items, and I thought LE went to local pawn shops to check if items had been pawned, he also had an online page from where he sold jewelry so he was very prolific in his stealing throughout the years

I literally just came across this case as I was browsing YouTube today. I joined late so planning to play catch up tonight. It sounds like an interesting case, solved more along the lines of good police work, though I do love what they can do with DNA now.

I wonder if Kenyan LE have looked into his background and if he was ever suspected of similar crimes before moving to US, he says he came to US in 2003, so he would have been 31 then. From 2003 to his earliest charged murder in 2016 is a large gap, and it appears he then went on an extraordinary killing spree for 2 years before his arrest in 2018. I think it is highly likely their are other murders he has committed, but they were not classed as murder at the time but a natural death of an elderly person.

Some of the women he murdered were initially thought to have died a natural death, it was only later that evidence came to light that showed that they had been murdered and he is now charged with their death. I doubt anybody will ever know the true amount of murders he committed as I don't think he will ever give up his secrets.

I do find it extraordinary that an experienced LE officer used a box he found in a dumpster to store evidence, especially when the evidence he wanted to store was also found in the dumpster, cross contamination is almost inevitable. The defense is already focusing on this point.

Was the hearing out of jury presence this morning regarding the cardboard box? I decided to watch the main trial first so I haven’t quite gotten there yet. I know they started late due to having a juror on the loose.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Binx005
Back