GUILTY TX - Billy Joe Harris for rapes of elderly women in 6 counties, 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My friend just asked me if I saw this video and as I listened to it again - I get really angry........1. Why do they keep putting these elderly ladies names on the screen and in stories?????? 2. Listen at 1:08 the lady says, " The devastating thing is, we DO NOT HAVE POLICE PATROL HERE AT NIGHT."
What is it gonna take? Thank goodness her son was with her!

Wacotrib did it again in the link you just posted -- put the lady's name & age!! It sounds like she lives alone -- GAH!! WTH?!!!

Wacotrib did it again in the link you just posted -- put the lady's name & age!! It sounds like she lives alone -- GAH!! WTH?!!!

Yes, but I was glad to see one little old lady refused to publish her name - you would think that would give a reporter a hint - eh? GADS!!!!!!!!!

EXCLUSIVE: Moody Police have persons of interest in elderly assault :applause:

Posted: Mar 06, 2010 6:16 PM CST
by John Cuoco

MOODY- Following an attack of an elderly woman Monday, the town of Moody has been on high alert.

In an exclusive interview with News Channel 25 on Sunday, Moody Police described the feeling in the town as fearful. They say their phones have been ringing off the hook with concerned residents.

The woman who was assaulted was in her 80s and lived by herself, but investigators would not positively connect this to the serial rapist terrorizing elderly women across Central Texas.

Moody Police said they are working their investigation and have a few people of interest in the case.

"We have some things we want to do and some things we are going to do, but everyone is trying to resolve this and hopefully we can get what everyone wants in the end, but best case scenario, we can resolve this," Officer Rick Ray said.

Contrary to prior reports, Moody Police told News Channel 25 there was never a second attack at the elderly woman's house on Tuesday. There was, however, a separate unrelated assault that happened that night between a couple in Moody at a different location.

The FBI, Texas Rangers, McLennan County Sheriff's Office, and Moody police are all working this case.

http://www.kxxv.com/global/story.asp?s=12096656

So does anyone remember exactly how long it took for the forensics guys to positively rule out the Lubbock rapist? It wasn't long, IIRC.

I can't find any more info on this new development in Moody.

I just got an email from the Associated Content editor. He informed me that the article on their site has been corrected to remove the comment that there is an ATM photo of the rapist:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2752999/twilight_rapist_serial_rapist_in_texas.html?cat=47

"For a while it looked like there was hope in capturing the Twilight rapist, since a suspect was captured on video at an ATM machine using a victim's ATM cards, but the individual involved and apprehended in that rape and robbery ended up not being related to the crimes committed by the Twilight rapist...."

I see they even used the Lubbock link I provided them. I just hope someone didn't read the article the way it was originally written and hand onto that one erroneous fact. I think it was up for three days four days uncorrected. Great reporting....hmmmm.

So does anyone remember exactly how long it took for the forensics guys to positively rule out the Lubbock rapist? It wasn't long, IIRC.

The Lubbock rape occurred on Jan. 16th...the earliest story I can find online is dated Feb.4th....so yeah, didn't take very long to get DNA results back.

http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/020410/loc_558545756.shtml

I'm not finding any updates on the Moody attack either....guess we'll be waiting 2-3 weeks like we did to hear if the Lubbock attack was linked.

Just wanted to put this out there again. Some similarities and some differences but they can't get either guy. This is an updated PR of an earlier one I posted:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Seri...ur-attacks-in-Southwest-Houston-86246837.html

"A serial rapist is on the loose in Southwest Houston and police want to catch him before he strikes again.

Investigators with HPD’s Special Crimes Division believe the same suspect is responsible for at least four sexual assaults since last June. They believe he's getting more violent with each attack.

The most recent case happened on February 19 in the 8400 block of West Bartell....."

This is the guy who's struck several times at an apt. complex which houses med students. His victims have a wide age range but all live alone and were attacked in the early morning hours. He was wearing scrubs in the latest attack.

Hello! I wanted to thank you guys for the information that you have been bouncing off of one another. My grandmother was the woman in Moody and your information has been quite helpful. We are making decisions on the best way to protect her and the ideas you have given me are great! Hopefully we should know in the next couple of weeks (if they will tell us) if the evidence is linked to the same guy in all the other towns.

Just wanted to put this out there again. Some similarities and some differences but they can't get either guy. This is an updated PR of an earlier one I posted:

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Seri...ur-attacks-in-Southwest-Houston-86246837.html

"A serial rapist is on the loose in Southwest Houston and police want to catch him before he strikes again.

Investigators with HPD’s Special Crimes Division believe the same suspect is responsible for at least four sexual assaults since last June. They believe he's getting more violent with each attack.

The most recent case happened on February 19 in the 8400 block of West Bartell....."

This is the guy who's struck several times at an apt. complex which houses med students. His victims have a wide age range but all live alone and were attacked in the early morning hours. He was wearing scrubs in the latest attack.

Looks like Houston nabbed their monster thru DNA

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/crime_tracker&id=7318650

We just need the CenTex rapist caught now!

Hello! I wanted to thank you guys for the information that you have been bouncing off of one another. My grandmother was the woman in Moody and your information has been quite helpful. We are making decisions on the best way to protect her and the ideas you have given me are great! Hopefully we should know in the next couple of weeks (if they will tell us) if the evidence is linked to the same guy in all the other towns.

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths, concerndgdaughter ! :)

We have been so concerned about your grandmother & all the other ladies in Moody...so glad she has people who care about her & are helping to keep her safe.

I sure hope the leads that LE has now pan out & the (s) is off the street.

Thanks! I would say more about what I know but I am pretty sure this guy is pretty computer savvy and he is probably trolling the internet. I know if you guys knew more you would have more accurate information to go on. Just know that the information that the media is publishing is not the best and they refuse to retract misinformation- at least in my grandmother's case. The person who has claimed to be my grandmother's caretaker has never been her caretaker, just cleaned her house and my grandmother fired her. Unlike some of the victims, she is quite competent, mentally sharp and capable- but unfortunately this guy is operating at a very high level that would be difficult for even a younger person to deal with.

WELCOME and ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you and your Gma. We won't stop this creep is found. The most frustrating part of this case is lack of information and miss-information by the media.

Rest assured though, we won't rest until this sorry excuse for a human is in a cage where he belongs. BTW - what you see here on the board is often not everything we are working on. I know I have maps and timelines that I have not put up as they are just my way of seeing the case to see if anything clicks and that I share back and forth with a fellow sleuth-er type who also makes things like that to use to plug the info into. If we could get accurate information I would feel better about posting some of this stuff, but alas we are getting dribbles and those are not always pure dribbles.

We're so glad to have you concerndgdaughter and (((hugs))) to your whole family!! Thank you for sharing what we already suspected--that LE is not releasing some information which might bring more safety to the women of Texas. Information is power and I live in fear that other women will be victimized due to misinformation and lack of information.

Is there any way to link the use of caretakers to this guy? You say that your grandmother was much more capable than the news painted her to be. Was she still able to drive herself to church and the store?

And can you give us any information on her current status? Is she healing? Is appropriate therapy being provided? Know that our thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Welcome again.

Texas Mist--Did you see that comment that Samuel Henderson, the Houston serial rapist, has charges dating back 20 years?? The article also says that he would leave his wife and daughters at night and go out stalking victims. Yikes, that's chilling. I can't find what his employment was. Being that he wore scrubs in one attack and seemed to target med students, is there a connection with a hospital or med school?

Thanks! I would say more about what I know but I am pretty sure this guy is pretty computer savvy and he is probably trolling the internet. I know if you guys knew more you would have more accurate information to go on. Just know that the information that the media is publishing is not the best and they refuse to retract misinformation- at least in my grandmother's case. The person who has claimed to be my grandmother's caretaker has never been her caretaker, just cleaned her house and my grandmother fired her. Unlike some of the victims, she is quite competent, mentally sharp and capable- but unfortunately this guy is operating at a very high level that would be difficult for even a younger person to deal with.

Welcome and prayers to your Grandmother and your family. I am very happy she has a supportive family and find it very sad that the reporters are so slow to correct errors. Not good journalism in my opinion.

MissIzzy, I totally agree with you that there needs to be investigation into the idea of an agency this woman may work/have worked for, that perhaps the other victims also use. I also wondered if the victims have haf home health aides that were in the home following hospitalizations or surgeries. Also did all the women have dogs? What about someone at a vets office?

I find that safety increases in numbers, more often than not. Maybe these ladies need to have "sleepovers" or churches need to have volunteers that spend the night at these womens house.

A concern I have is the woman stating she has a gun. In my honest opinion that man be a reason for this to escalate his violence and carry a gun himself. I certainly hope this is not the case.

All small towns need an active neighborhood watch. There needs to be notes taken of unusual cars in neighborhoods, strangers with their descriptions as well as a patrolling body of able citizens (this was very effective in towns I have lived in previously). If there were these patrols, all single women could have their addresses listed and they could have a signal of sorts, where if their porch light was off, someone could check on them.

Yep, I know I am grasping at straws here, but maybe it can jog someone elses thoughts.

Sunnie--We've gone over the vet tech, pharm tech, grocery stocker idea. I still think it's a strong possibility. This guy sees these women but they don't recognize him. He's also not alarming neighbors or LE by hanging around. I'm not so sure that small Texas towns need volunteers to watch as I've found neighbors there to be like hawks and to note and describe every little change. This is what is so perplexing. And you add in that he seems to be striking in strongly white neighborhoods while he's described as dark-skinned. We're missing something.

Didn't someone say that there was a dog kennel attached to this house. Was it you, NJ?

I have to say that Texas isn't winning any crime fighting awards from me on this case. I hate to be disrespectful as we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but it's looking like they're dropping the ball to a degree. The reporting has been abysmal and chock full of errors. It's pretty sad when a member of WS has to write to two editors now (and that's just me...not sure about anyone else) to correct errors in print media. I just don't think that Texas is putting their elder ladies on the priority list at this point. And that's inexcusable. There's supposed to be a Governor's Task Force but I haven't seen them holding pressers or even releasing updates. I can't imagine this playing out the same way if this were 6 year olds being raped in their beds.

Don't most people in Texas have a Grandma? Why aren't they up in arms about this?

Texas Mist--Did you see that comment that Samuel Henderson, the Houston serial rapist, has charges dating back 20 years?? The article also says that he would leave his wife and daughters at night and go out stalking victims. Yikes, that's chilling. I can't find what his employment was. Being that he wore scrubs in one attack and seemed to target med students, is there a connection with a hospital or med school?

Looking at a google map for area near 8400 W Bartell Dr, there's lots of medical-related offices, and several hospitals within a short drive...one of them being Woman's Hospital.

Who knows about the scrubs tho....you can by them at HEB & Walgreen's now...maybe the SR wore them so that people wouldn't think too much about him if they saw him walking around apartment parking lots in the middle of the night.

WELCOME and ((((((((HUGS)))))))))) to you and your Gma. We won't stop this creep is found. The most frustrating part of this case is lack of information and miss-information by the media.

Rest assured though, we won't rest until this sorry excuse for a human is in a cage where he belongs. BTW - what you see here on the board is often not everything we are working on. I know I have maps and timelines that I have not put up as they are just my way of seeing the case to see if anything clicks and that I share back and forth with a fellow sleuth-er type who also makes things like that to use to plug the info into. If we could get accurate information I would feel better about posting some of this stuff, but alas we are getting dribbles and those are not always pure dribbles.

Is there another way to contact you besides the online postings? I am afraid of publishing too much info.

Missizzy ~
Everyday, I look for an update on the DNA analysis.
IMO, the test results should be back. Especially in a "high profile" case like this one. I will continue to search and hopefully info on the results will released soon.

Flossie

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB
Back