TX TX - Blanca 'Elisa' Roberson, 13, Aransas Pass, 6 Aug 1989

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Family of missing Aransas Pass girl still searching over 30 years later

3NEWS spoke with Roberson's sister, Ruby Hall, who after hearing about recent missing persons cases in the Coastal Bend, said she can't help but feel what her own family went through all those years ago over again. A wound she said never heals.

You can't miss it as you come around the curve at the Highway 35 bypass going into Aransas Pass. A plea for help, a picture of a little girl and a reward just as big as the billboard itself.

"Our hope has always been is that someday someone will come forward and give the information so we can find Elisa and we can bring her home," Hall said. She was only 12 years old when her big sister Elisa vanished on a Sunday afternoon.

Elisa's story has just been featured on the Vanished podcast. Part one was released today:

Part two is out now with some pretty surprising twists and turns in the case. The family does have a very experienced investigator working for them pro bono now. Praying for answers.

I hate to say it...but her being moody, etc., I'm wondering if she was pregnant. I know she was young, but it can happen. Or maybe not pregnant, but being sexually abused. I'm sure this has been looked into, but it seems like it may narrow the field of suspects.
I do not feel that the brother was to blame, but that's just my off the cuff opinion.
She was a friend of mine and very immature just like myself
She wasn’t sexually active we all were considered nerds back then and she was extremely shy.
I have searched forever for her
And I’ll never stop looking for her.

The family of a girl who went missing from Aransas Pass on the way to meet a friend more than three decades ago will commemorate the anniversary of her disappearance with a community walk early next month.

According to a letter shared by Ruby Roberson Hall, the family of Blanca Elise Roberson is returning to Aransas Pass for a commemorative walk on Aug. 6. The walk is meant to commemorate the 35-year anniversary of Roberson’s disappearance by walking the route she took that day.

The walk will take place beginning at 6 p.m. at Kieberger Elementary School - 748 W. Goodnight Avenue - and travel the same 6-minute walk that Elisa took on the day she disappeared.

AUG 9, 2024
[...]

About 50 people gathered Tuesday night to participate in the memorial walk and butterfly release, which was preceded by a ceremony outside of Kieberger Elementary in Aransas Pass in remembrance of Blanca Elisa Roberson, who disappeared on Aug. 6, 1989, at the age of 13 while walking to a friend's house late one afternoon.

[...]

A team of people, from cold case experts to advocacy groups, have assembled in support, awaiting approval from the Aransas Pass Police Department to pursue leads and assist in search and investigative efforts, Roberson Hall said. The missing girl is registered in the U.S. Department of Justice's National Missing and Unidentified Persons database, which performs nuclear DNA testing for missing and unidentified people across the country.

[...]

Today, Roberson Hall's sister would be 48 years old. She hailed the City Council's action to designate Aug. 6 as Elisa Roberson Remembrance Day as the first step in bridging the gap between the family, community and police department.

[...]

SEP 1, 2024
]...]

... “There were ground trackers, there were bloodhounds, there were air scenters, there were cadaver dogs,” she said. “Every dog we ran stopped in the exact same spot.”

Thompson told Dateline the dogs each independently alerted at the intersection of Goodnight Ave and 8th St., which would have been on Elisa’s way to Kieberger Elementary School. She believes somebody picked Elisa up in a vehicle at that intersection. “The actor saw her [walking towards the school] — it’s somebody she trusted,” Thompson said. “She hopped in the car for a ride.”

[...]

“We have been able to focus back on that case again [in 2024],” the chief said. “We are having movement on the case, which we anticipate with — hopefully within the month or two months, we’ll be able to get further along in what we had acquired from 2016.”

[...]

Updated September 5, 2024; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

Blanca Elisa Roberson​

blanca_elisa_roberson_2.jpg
blanca_elisa_roberson_3.jpg
roberson_blanca7.jpg

roberson_blanca8.jpg
roberson_blanca_ap.jpg

Blanca, circa 1989; Age-progression to age 35 (circa 2011)
  • Missing Since 08/06/1989
  • Missing From Aransas Pass, Texas
  • Classification Non-Family Abduction
  • Sex Female
  • Race Hispanic
  • Date of Birth 01/12/1976 (48)
  • Age 13 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'0, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A light blue Mickey Mouse t-shirt, dark blue culotte shorts and sneakers.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Hispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Blanca has a scar on her right knee and a three-inch circular scar on her left thigh. Her ears are pierced. She was immature for her age and had a shy, retiring temperament at the time of her disappearance. Blanca is a native of Nicaragua. She goes by her middle name, Elisa, and some agencies refer to her by that name.

Details of Disappearance​

Blanca was last seen in Aransas Pass, Texas between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. on August 6, 1989. She was supposed to meet a female friend at Kieberger Elementary School and then walk with her to the friend's home in the 200 block of south 11th Street. This residence was a block and a half from her own home.

Blanca spoke to someone in the 500 block of Greenwood at the corner of south Whitney, then walked westbound. A short time later, Blanca's friend went to the witness and asked if she'd seen Blanca. She never arrived at her destination and has not been heard from again.

Her mother notified police when she had not arrived home by 9:45 p.m. and an extensive search was launched. Dogs tracked her scent to the elementary school where she was supposed to meet her friend, but there the trail ended at the intersection of Goodnight Avenue and 8th Street, and there was no other sign of her. She may have accepted a ride from a passing motorist.

One of Blanca's friends stated she was acting moody and "not herself" on the day of her disappearance. She also refused to attend church that day, which is uncharacteristic of her. It is not known why she was behaving this way and whether her attitude was a factor in her disappearance later that day.

Blanca's mother once dated a violent and abusive man who was involved in the drug trade. Her mother believes this man was responsible for her daughter's disappearance, but he has never been charged in the case or publicly named.

The police stated one person of interest is Blanca's brother Tony, who suffered from mental illness and developmental disabilities and later died by suicide while he was in prison in Alaska. However, it's worth noting that Tony was only ten years old when his sister disappeared.

Blanca's family moved to Idaho a few years after she went missing. Her disappearance remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmberHolland443
Back