GUILTY TX - Body of Julie Mott, 25, still missing from mortuary, 15 Aug 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mission Park Funeral Chapels owner Robert Tips said authorities believe the individual responsible for the theft may have an ideological opposition to the cremation process, as opposed to traditional burial.

Okay so lots of groups are opposed to having their OWN members cremated, Jews, Catholics, Muslims etc...

Was this young woman associated with a religion that opposes cremation? Would someone close to her be so worried about it they would steal her body? Strangers that follow different religions surely wouldn't care what happens to "non-believers".

Did they ever find this woman's body?! I couldn't find anything new past mid september, and it was old new just being re-run...

Okay so lots of groups are opposed to having their OWN members cremated, Jews, Catholics, Muslims etc...

Was this young woman associated with a religion that opposes cremation? Would someone close to her be so worried about it they would steal her body? Strangers that follow different religions surely wouldn't care what happens to "non-believers".

I just don't understand this thinking. I think it should be a personal choice. And no, I'm not gonna be cremated lol.

Just for clarity, Catholics do allow cremation:
In 1997, the Vatican approved new liturgical norms allowing for the cremated remains to be present at a funeral mass and the remains are to be treated with the same reverence as a whole body in a casket. This means that spreading the cremated ashes is still forbidden.

Cremated remains must be buried, just like a body, in a cemetery, crypt, or other appropriate burial place not put on display.
http://www.aboutcatholics.com/beliefs/can-catholics-be-cremated/

Did they ever find this woman's body?! I couldn't find anything new past mid september, and it was old new just being re-run...

Not that I know of........I'm in San Antonio and can't find any new info. It's totally bewildering.

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/f...lds-press-conference-16691.shtml#.ViOEJisnIQM

Updated: Friday, October 16 2015, 08:54 PM CDT

SAN ANTONIO - A heartbroken mother begged for the return of her late daughter's body, which was stolen from her casket at a Northwest Side funeral home two months ago.

"We ask that you please, please return our Julie to us," Charlotte Mott said tearfully. "The fact that I cannot fulfill her final wishes is unbearable. It is breaking my heart each and every day."

OMG! They have not found her yet? That is some kind of crazy!

MOO

She has to have been buried somewhere by now. It is hard to believe that a good interrogation of their possible suspect has not yielded any info. Maybe following him 24/7 for some time period? IDK.

So very sad for her loved ones. I hope her body is returned to them soon.

She has to have been buried somewhere by now. It is hard to believe that a good interrogation of their possible suspect has not yielded any info. Maybe following him 24/7 for some time period? IDK.

Necrophiles (and let's be realistic, no one else would do this) usually have a great respect and reverence for the bodies.

Not likely she would be dumped in a ditch at this point. She is either carefully preserved and kept in a home/building or carefully buried at a site that allows for cherished visitations.

JMO having a bit of insight into the mindset.

This case reminds me of Carl Tanzler an x-ray tech who was obsessed with a TB patient, Elena Milagro "Helen" de Hoyos. He took her body after 2 yrs in the grave and lived with it for 7 yrs until caught.

Late to the thread but I read about Carl and Elena years ago and it still horrifies me! Ugh.

150 days gone.

This is so unbelievable to me! Have they searched the property of the young man they suspect of removing her body from the funeral home?
When this story first broke, I couldn't see it being more than 2-3 days before they found her.

Was she embalmed? As she was due to be cremated I wouldn't think so. Would she be skeletonized by now? Or preserved as being frozen?

This really is sad for the family.

LE needs to investigate the man who was ID'd as being the texting, calling, hanger- on at the funeral home, last to leave, etc., for possible unsolved abduction/murders, IMO.
I keep thinking that he may be a killer who hasn't been caught yet.
Remember- Ted Bundy committed necrophilic acts and a great deal of grooming on his dead victims, even when it meant hiking into rough terrain. The last professional discussion which I am aware of on Bundy said that this type of necrophilia is extremely rare. ( I don't know what type of necrophilia wouldn't be rare, actually) but this was a Bundy-specific article discussing the enormous risks he took to be involved with the bodies of his dead victims, to the point of activity with the body until animals had eaten the soft tissue..Some had already been decapitated.

There were a couple of other necrophiliac persons we know to be serial killers mentioned as a group, briefly. I know Jeffrey Dahmer, Gary Ridgway, and Ed Gein were on the list, and in just the 20th century, there have to be more.

Point being, the man who did this is a very sick person and if he has no problem with unlawfully taking and most likely abusing Ms. Mott's corpse, he may have spent extended time with other corpses-- possibly women that he killed and " kept".

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back