TX - Botham Shem Jean, 26, killed when police officer entered wrong apartment, Dallas, Sept 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I only bring up the underwear, because the local news is already using words like "confusion" and "encounter." There are plenty of people locally that would be sympathetic to a white woman encountering a black man in her home, wearing almost nothing. Even a white woman with a gun. I live locally and there is already chatter about it. "What if she thought he was there to assault her?" They are already buying that she really though it was HER home and he was in it. It's stupid, I agree. But people are already going there. She is out and able to know what the community is saying about this.

I want to be clear that I don't personally buy any story as plausible. (I think most don't, but you wouldn't believe how pro LE people can be around here.)

Shocker! How dare he be in his underwear in his own home.
A man in his underwear answers the door of an apt that her key didn't work, after several tries. One would think it would have crossed her mind that it might be the wrong apt. She reportedly didn't realize that it was the wrong apt until the EMTs and other cops showed up. Not someone who catches on real quick.

A man in his underwear answers the door of an apt that her key didn't work, after several tries. One would think it would have crossed her mind that it might be the wrong apt. She reportedly didn't realize that it was the wrong apt until the EMTs and other cops showed up. Not someone who catches on real quick.
And it now seems it was a man that she knew.

RSBM
It seems that there are some who are reporting that she was yelling for him to "Open up." If that is the case, he might not have stopped to put on pants. One of the things that we have continually heard as to why people are shot is that they did not follow orders immediately and succinctly. In this day and age, if I heard yelling at my door that sounded like a police officer, I would also not put on clothes but go immediately for fear of them breaking in the door and killing me. There have been enough serving warrants at the wrong address and injuries/death with police departments saying that they served the wrong address but the people didn't comply.

I don't think she was the one screaming Open Up. It was reported as 'police voices' saying that. I think the cops came to HER correct apartment number, and were ordering someone to OPEN UP because they thought it happened inside there.

At the PC held by the Mayor, I believe he said there was going to be another PC with the Chief of Police in ''a couple of hours''. Maybe we'll find out more soon.

It's been 2 hours since the presser was posted here so maybe soon.

So cops who are off duty and go to a bar to get smashed are suppose to carry their gun with them? Why does that sound like a BAD idea?

Absolutely not.

LE are NOT required to carry while they are off duty. (FBI excluded.) They are not restricted in their activities while off duty either. Of course they ar expected to behave but they don't have a list of forbidden places to go or anything.

I agree that it was murder but I don't agree that she's going to get off lightly. We'll see.

I hope you are right!

So----the family attorney is going to give a live PC at 6pm.

The officer's name has not been released yet. Contrary to rumors swirling on social media, a source with direct knowledge of the investigation told WFAA that Jean and the officer did not know each other.
DPD Chief said a warrant was coming in the death of Botham Jean. Why it hasn't yet
Wonder who the source was?

I find this VERY hard to believe. The pictures and video match. I believe they are the same woman. I guess it's possible you are photographed with people you don't know? I'm anti social so I wouldn't know.

I don't think she was the one screaming Open Up. It was reported as 'police voices' saying that. I think the cops came to HER correct apartment number, and were ordering someone to OPEN UP because they thought it happened inside there.

I thought that but I believe it was his neighbor who heard it. That would explain a few things though.

I find this VERY hard to believe. The pictures and video match. I believe they are the same woman. I guess it's possible you are photographed with people you don't know? I'm anti social so I wouldn't know.

I thought that but I believe it was his neighbor who heard it. That would explain a few things though.
I’m kinda antisocial too. But by the looks of things, she isn’t. She’s aware of who’s in the photo with her. imo

Officer Amber Rene Guyger, Who Has Worked for the Department for Almost 5 Years, Cried in the Hall for Minutes, a Witness Alleges
Amber Guyger: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Maybe people missed this quote from the Heavy.com article linked:

A photo that circulated widely on social media early on – and which shows Botham Jean with several women – came from Jean’s Instagram account but does not show Amber Guyger.

Weird...I wonder why the officer's name is being released just now

Total horse poop. Not buying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member