TX TX - Bradley Cy Brooks, 36, Corpus Christi, 18 Aug 2019

New information might help find missing Flour Bluff man

JUNE 18
This week the family of the missing man has received new information that could lead to finding their loved one.

Now coming up on a year of searching, the family says they’ve received a tip from an old friend who says they believe to have spotted Bradley in Oklahoma.

“He was at a gas station in Bartlesville , Phillips 66, and while he was there he spotted someone that looked just like brad he said the guy was staring at him and he was staring back like ‘is that brad?,'" said his sister. Misty Chapman. "He gathered some information like the vehicle he was in, the person he was possibly seen with. And the station.”

Chapman says the local sheriffs office has already requested the security footage from the gas station in Bartlesville.

Bradley's sister says they pulled the videos because they determined the man sighted was not Bradley. They've since held a virtual fishing event in honor of Bradley and a live vigil on the 1st anniversary (8/18) of his disappearance. I pray his family gets answers soon.

https://www.facebook.com/helpfindbradleybrooks/photos/a.114564803246838/431117731591542/
18 Dec 2020
RE: The body found near the 100th block of Jester.
Unfortunately, it is looking like it is probably not Bradley. DNA will tell more when it is processed.

1 year 4 months have passed since Bradley's disappearance. Another holiday season passing without him. He is missed everyday but the holiday's hit the hardest. We miss and love you Bradley and we wish that all this would end. Thank you all for your continued support.

MISSING: Bradley Cy Brooks – Corpus Christi, Texas (8/18/19)

Help find Bradley Brooks
It has been 1 year and 5 months since Bradley just disappeared from our lives. No warning, no clues, just nothing. We've searched, talked to news stations, talked to podcasts, reached out to Governors, TV shows, etc... but nothing seems to have gotten us any further.
We just want Bradley home, alive or not. The suffering needs to end.
Thank you all for your continued prayers and shares. You continue to lift us up in the worst of times. Hugs to you all
2665.png
2665.png
2665.png

Facebook
18 Dec 2020
RE: The body found near the 100th block of Jester.
Unfortunately, it is looking like it is probably not Bradley. DNA will tell more when it is processed.

1 year 4 months have passed since Bradley's disappearance. Another holiday season passing without him. He is missed everyday but the holiday's hit the hardest. We miss and love you Bradley and we wish that all this would end. Thank you all for your continued support.

MISSING: Bradley Cy Brooks – Corpus Christi, Texas (8/18/19)

An admin updated with this reply:
The body found was a 56 year old homeless person.

AUG 27, 2021
Questions remain two years after Bradley Brooks disappeared (kristv.com)
[...]

“He just wouldn’t leave his daughter like that," Brooks' mother KW said. "There’s no way. And the other thing is he always stays in contact with me. Always.”

Chapman [Brad's BIL] said he was told Brooks may have been acting unusual the night he disappeared.

“He did off and on use drugs, but that’s not who he was," said Chapman. "He would — he loved his family he would always call his mom. It might have been a little much. Ashley had her kids there and bringing in his daughter. It just might have been a little much.”

Searching for any answers, Brooks' family has asked CCPD to talk to two people who may have had contact with Brooks the night he disappeared.

[...]

“If anybody knows anything about my son just please come forward," said KW, as she held back tears. "We need closure."

Anyone with information is encouraged to call crime stoppers at 361-888-TIPS or submit a form online. Chapman said you can also message the Find Bradley Brooks Facebook page with any new information.

AUG 19, 2022
It has been three years since a Flour Bluff man went missing and his family continues to search for answers.

[...]

A Facebook group dedicated to finding Brooks posted Thursday that they are no closer to finding Brooks than they were three years ago.

If you have any information that may help police find Brooks, call 361-886-2600.

AUG 18, 2023
Friday marked four years since a Flour Bluff resident was first reported missing.

[...]

Family members said he had just bought bait and was heading out to do some late night fishing at around 10 p.m., but no one ever saw or heard from him again.

[...]

Brooks has been entered into the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, but according to the 'Help find Bradley Brooks' Facebook page, there has been no new information provided.

The search spurred a social media post of others who have gone missing here in the Coastal Bend. The post highlighted five people who have gone missing in or near Corpus Christi the last 5 years.

3NEWS looked into the cases which date back to 2019's disappearance of 36 year old Bradley Brooks.

Ivie Joe Gutierrez who was reported missing at the age of 27.

Jesse Garcia from Pleasanton who was going on a fishing trip and was last seen in or near Robstown in June 2023.

Jerry Zamora has been missing for over a week. In a public social media post, Zamora's father said he has a medical condition that affects his memory and comprehension. He was last seen at The Oso Creek Trails off of Cimarron and Yorktown area.

I know I'm late to the game. I am not from this area but are there gators in and around the area where he fished? the fact is he fished later in the day...here is hoping there is closure either positive or negative

There are some alligaors in the area, but not a lot, and it is RARE for them to attack people--esspecially adult outdoorsmen. AND the location where he was actually fishing would factor into this...if it was brackish backwater then maybe an alligator could have been around, but if he was fishing in the Gulf itself, then no--because alligators avoid salt water.

I only heard about Bradley Brooks being missing from following the Caleb Harris case, missing from Corpus Christi since Mar 4, 2024. :(

Over at the Help Find Bradley Brooks FB page, back on Aug 22, 2021 Bradley’s brother-in-law did a Q&A video. I haven’t been able to listen to it all just yet, but I think he gives quite a lot of info not in the news media.

From what I learned from the little bit I watched, it seems Bradley possibly wasn’t in the best frame of mind that day, his car had been having battery trouble, and he’s had drug issues in the past.

Questions I have that I don’t know if it will get answered later in the video: I believe I read elsewhere on the page that all his fishing gear was in his car. Was the bait there in his car, unused? Could they tell if he had fished at all?

If his car wouldn’t start after having fished (a guess since the car’s hood was up when found), why wouldn’t he have called his gf or a friend for help?

Just thoughts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back