TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I keep wondering is if Brandon were heading to the Fort Worth area why didn't he get gas before getting on the road and especially that stretch between San Angelo and Bronte? Surely he had driven that route before and knew there were no gas stations until Bronte.

Is there any new information in the article? Unfortunately, it won't let me view the article unless I sign up for a monthly subscription.

Read the transcript as if the caller found Brandon's car and is using his phone bc he didn't have one of his own. It fits that way too.

I can't remember now, but didn't I read somewhere that someone Brandon knew got a call from him and he was being chased through Wal-mart parking lot?? Or was the found to be false?

RUMOR has it that he was in the Walmart parking lot and was being chased.

Brandon left his house at approximately 11:54. He called Kyle at approx. 12:38 to say he ran out of gas. That is about 45 minutes. I drive that highway all the time. It takes 20-25 minutes from the OTHER side of San Angelo to get to the Stripes at Bronte. Brandon was around 4 miles south of Bronte. It does not take 45 minutes to get to where he ran out of gas. With that said, he had to of driven somewhere else in San Angelo before he took off toward Bronte.

Now suppose he met someone in the Walmart parking lot for whatever reason. They talked or whatever and at some point they got in an argument of some kind. Remember, he was already mad when he left the house so I am sure he was not very happy. Something went wrong at Walmart and a chase ensued. He started running and took off out of town thinking they would not follow. He ran out of gas, called his brother and while waiting for Kyle, the other guys caught up with him, he "got chased into the woods", he "got one of the guys" called 911 and the rest is a mystery. My theory is they caught up with him and did him harm. JMO

Is there any new information in the article? Unfortunately, it won't let me view the article unless I sign up for a monthly subscription.

Not really. Ladessa did say this that I have not heard: BBM

Lofton now lives with her children in Crowley, near Fort Worth. She said Friday that she planned to do an aerial search for him Saturday."

"Lawson, then 26, ran out of gas in Coke County, near Bronte on U.S. Highway 277, and called his brother to help him. About 12:50 a.m. Aug. 9, he called 911. Background noise hindered the clarity of most of what he said, but he may have mentioned a “first guy” in the call, and the recording of the conversation leaves some believing he wasn’t alone."

“I think there’s foul play involved, definitely,” Lofton said. “We think there was a third voice on the call, not just Brandon and the operator.”

Brandon left his house at approximately 11:54. He called Kyle at approx. 12:38 to say he ran out of gas. That is about 45 minutes. I drive that highway all the time. It takes 20-25 minutes from the OTHER side of San Angelo to get to the Stripes at Bronte. Brandon was around 4 miles south of Bronte. It does not take 45 minutes to get to where he ran out of gas. With that said, he had to of driven somewhere else in San Angelo before he took off toward Bronte.

Now suppose he met someone in the Walmart parking lot for whatever reason. They talked or whatever and at some point they got in an argument of some kind. Remember, he was already mad when he left the house so I am sure he was not very happy. Something went wrong at Walmart and a chase ensued. He started running and took off out of town thinking they would not follow. He ran out of gas, called his brother and while waiting for Kyle, the other guys caught up with him, he "got chased into the woods", he "got one of the guys" called 911 and the rest is a mystery. My theory is they caught up with him and did him harm. JMO

Good theory! Doesn't most Walmarts have security cameras? Is it too late for them to be reviewed?

I think nannymo's theory makes the most sense at this point. He probably 'ran into' someone that he shouldn't have and tried to make a run for it.

I thought I saw somewhere that BL left his house to visit his Dad. Was that just a rumor/assumption?

Good theory! Doesn't most Walmarts have security cameras? Is it too late for them to be reviewed?

I bet they still have them on file. Walmart is a big company and I'm sure they have some process in place to at least archive surveillance footage for X number of days/weeks/months. LE or someone should investigate their security tapes. There are two Walmarts in San Angelo. The one of the south side is right next to highway 277. I'm assuming that is the one he was 'rumored' to be at.

I think nannymo's theory makes the most sense at this point. He probably 'ran into' someone that he shouldn't have and tried to make a run for it.

I thought I saw somewhere that BL left his house to visit his Dad. Was that just a rumor/assumption?

LL said in interviews she thought he might have been going to Ft. Worth because he had called his Dad. If that was true, I think he would have bought gas before he left.

35 miles should only take 2-3 gallons of gas. He would have been on empty almost when he left San Angelo. That's what makes me think he was running scared...trying to get out of town and ran out of gas.

I think this probably started in San Angelo myself.

LL said in interviews she thought he might have been going to Ft. Worth because he had called his Dad. If that was true, I think he would have bought gas before he left.

35 miles should only take 2-3 gallons of gas. He would have been on empty almost when he left San Angelo. That's what makes me think he was running scared...trying to get out of town and ran out of gas.

+1 for nannymo's theory. I'm a believer at this point.

That certainly would make more sense. I just can't see him leaving their home, going to Walmart then heading to Fort Worth and forgetting to get gas first. Did he "run into him/them" at Walmart and was chased out hwy 277? Did he run into the first guy at Walmart and there was some type of altercation and when Brandon headed out hwy 277 this first guy called for backup from a friend/relative in Bronte? That could explain the cars on both sides heading to Abilene.

So the rumor is that Brandon called a friend and said he ran into someone at Walmart? What are the details of this rumor? Anyone know?

And I hate to say it, but could it have been a drug deal in the Walmart parking lot?

And with this thought in mind (running into someone at Walmart) what on earth could he be saying in the 911 call? Specifically the "a siper purched some guys over" part. Could there be a name in there somewhere?

Is there any way the person he had an altercation with at Walmart called the cops and it was a state trooper chasing Brandon? Did he run because of the warrant?

Just want to make it clear that at this point the Walmart altercation is rumor.

And I hate to say it, but could it have been a drug deal in the Walmart parking lot?

Yes, that could be the case. I bet I know what drug was involved as well... There seems to be a connection between this drug and several missing persons cases in the Southwest region.

Yes, that could be the case. I bet I know what drug was involved as well... There seems to be a connection between this drug and several missing persons cases in the Southwest region.

If I'm not mistaken the drug issues he had in the past was meth. It's an epidemic everywhere.

From the Walmart on 29th to the little rest area is 30.9 miles. If he left the house at 11:53 and called Kyle saying he was out of gas at 12:38 and that was close to the time that he actually ran out of gas then it's very unlikely he headed straight there. That's 45 minutes if my math is correct.

Nobody knows anything else about the Walmart altercation?

But here's the thing...Kyle and Deputy Neal arrive at 1:10am and Kyle/Audrey are talking/texting Brandon who says he's in a field up the road 10 minutes and bleeding. So at 1:10am Brandon is alive and out there. Supposedly Deputy Neal and Deputy Fox as well as Kyle were driving up and down that road looking for Brandon. Did any of them see any cars on the side of the highway?

I also read Kyle/Audrey were communicating with Brandon while driving out there. What was that communication?

No new info at all. His wife says he was her best friend and she will never stop looking for him, he would not have run because of warrants, they were saving money to take care of them.

Abilene Reporter News never has any investigative journalism. They just get a few comments and copy and paste a press release. I don't think anyone there has the motivation to do anything more. MOO

If I'm not mistaken the drug issues he had in the past was meth. It's an epidemic everywhere.

From the Walmart on 29th to the little rest area is 30.9 miles. If he left the house at 11:53 and called Kyle saying he was out of gas at 12:38 and that was close to the time that he actually ran out of gas then it's very unlikely he headed straight there. That's 45 minutes if my math is correct.

Nobody knows anything else about the Walmart altercation?

But here's the thing...Kyle and Deputy Neal arrive at 1:10am and Kyle/Audrey are talking/texting Brandon who says he's in a field up the road 10 minutes and bleeding. So at 1:10am Brandon is alive and out there. Supposedly Deputy Neal and Deputy Fox as well as Kyle were driving up and down that road looking for Brandon. Did any of them see any cars on the side of the highway?

I also read Kyle/Audrey were communicating with Brandon while driving out there. What was that communication?

IIRC, the communication at 1 AM was a text. This is when Kyle thought Brandon was hiding and watching when in fact I'm not sure if he really was. I would have to find the quote from LL. Then I think the 1:19AM was possibly a phone call where he is incoherent and says he is bleeding and then nothing.

I really think we are dealing with the fact that the family has more information they are not putting out there on the calls/texts. They got Brandon's phone records. They have to know more than we do about the times on the calls and text messages. JMO

No new info at all. His wife says he was her best friend and she will never stop looking for him, he would not have run because of warrants, they were saving money to take care of them.

Abilene Reporter News never has any investigative journalism. They just get a few comments and copy and paste a press release. I don't think anyone there has the motivation to do anything more. MOO

I agree. I called KTXS last year and asked them why they were not covering this more. They said San Angelo is not part of their viewing area. We also ran into this problem when Hailey Dunn was missing. No TV station in Abilene does investigative stuff. Just report the stories!

I just listened to the recording yet again. I'm convinced that he's saying a state trooper pulled some guys over and detectives got the first guy. I think there were 2 vehicles one going in each direction and that's why he said going towards Abilene on both sides. They could have been out there poaching or making a drug deal or something. Who knows? I think cops got one guy and another guy (or guys) took off into the woods and Brandon ran into him (or them).

I think it's possible that either Deputy Fox or Neal was the one out there and he mistakenly called them a state trooper OR there was a state trooper out there. Since Deputy Neal came from the Bronte area and didn't see the trooper it makes me suspicious that perhaps it was him. If there is no call record then it's possible he (or whomever) pulled some guys over without calling it in to dispatch or someone is not telling the truth. I would check arrest records for that night. If they got the first guy he might have been arrested or of course he could have been checked out and let go. I think whoever Brandon ran into is the bad guy (or guys) that ran into the woods.

I do wonder if Deputies Neal and Fox were driving up and down the highway looking for Brandon or this other guy(or guys) or perhaps they thought Brandon was part of this group.

And I want to add that I almost always believe LE is telling the truth. I'm not much into conspiracy theories and I believe that most LE is honest with good intentions. With that said, something is not right here and I really feel someone is not being honest within LE. I also wondered why Brandon would ask for cops if the cops were there. What if the cops left before Brandon ran into the bad guy? Perhaps Brandon watched the event go down/was hiding nearby due to his warrant and after the trooper/deputy left Brandon ran into this guy or guys? That is what I think happened. I think Brandon was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's pitch black/dark out there and I think it's entirely possible that Brandon couldn't see the cop car well enough to know if it was state troopers or coke county sheriff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne