TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scratch cypress, it's not that. I've been playing around with noise reduction, pitch, speed, amplification and it's a siper just pushed/pulled some guys over.

What that means? I have no idea. The best guess I have is he is saying state trooper combined into one word.

I still think they need to find out the time of the trucker 911 call and the times those deputies were dispatched and from where. There were no state trooper calls out there according to the Texas Ranger but were there any state troopers in that area around that time?

Scratch cypress, it's not that. I've been playing around with noise reduction, pitch, speed, amplification and it's a siper just pushed/pulled some guys over

I haven't listened to the 911 call again yet, but something I thought of last night as I was trying to go to sleep is I'm wondering if he is saying something along the lines of......a hiker (as in hitch hiker) just pulled some guys over. Or is he possibly saying ....I just pulled some guys over.......I got chased into the woods. So for those of you listening closely to the call, does any of it fit?

Also, something I find odd is why was it that Tuesday before phone records were checked. He was last seen and heard from on Aug. 8 which is a Thursday.

I haven't listened to the 911 call again yet, but something I thought of last night as I was trying to go to sleep is I'm wondering if he is saying something along the lines of......a hiker (as in hitch hiker) just pulled some guys over. Or is he possibly saying ....I just pulled some guys over.......I got chased into the woods. So for those of you listening closely to the call, does any of it fit?

Also, something I find odd is why was it that Tuesday before phone records were checked. He was last seen and heard from on Aug. 8 which is a Thursday.

I've listened to the call so many times. Not just listening just for words but sounds. I hear sipers. I just can't hear it any other way. I would recommend that anyone listening use good headphones to really be able to hear it clearly and listen to techpuppy's cleaned up clearer version.

He could be saying state trooper all blended together. I do still feel like his speech is slurred. He's definitely talking really fast and in a panic.

And I definitely don't hear the word chased into the woods. Again, use good headphones. I hear you gotta check through the woods or you gotta check the...the woods.

I have no idea why his phone records weren't checked before Tuesday but that is a good question. You would think that would have been one of the first things Ladessa did.

I don't think the mystery is going to be solved by the 911 call unfortunately. Unless he is saying state trooper.

I think the biggest clue is the new/revised phone ping data and the most important thing is getting to search that area. To my understanding it's private property that hasn't been searched and it's more precise ping data. Pressure needs to be put on LE to do it. The family should not have to do it IMO. Where is the Texas Ranger who was originally involved?

From what I read the trucker called 911 and reported a stranded motorist and the truck was sticking out in the road and he almost hit it. I also read the front end of the truck was over the line sticking out on the road. Why would Deputy Neal leave it there until 8:30 in the morning like that when it was a road hazard and dangerous?

What time was the trucker 911 call? From what I read deputies were dispatched from that call not Brandon's.

What time did Brandon call Kyle? From the timeline I posted, Kyle called Ladessa saying Brandon was out of gas and he needed the gas cans at 12:30am. Also from the timeline it was reported that Brandon called Kyle saying he was out of gas at 12:38am. How can this be?

Mapping this from the center of San Angelo to the location of the truck is a 31 minute drive. I don't know exactly where Kyle and Brandon/Ladessa live in San Angelo but if Brandon left his home at 11:53pm and went straight there he should have been there by about 12:23am give or take a few minutes. If Kyle called Ladessa at 12:30am went by her house and got the gas cans then drove out there and arrived at 1:10am that is about 40 minutes total. If he didn't call Ladessa until 12:38 and arrived at 1:10am that is only 32 minutes total to pick up the gas cans and arrive at the truck.

I'm still perplexed from the timeline as to how Ladessa got Kyle's call about the gas cans but missed 3 of Brandon's calls?

And if it's true that there are always State Troopers on this stretch of highway then I am more inclined to feel like that is what he might be saying. I hate to think that, but that is the direction I'm being pulled.

Just because the Texas Ranger checked and there were no CALLS out there at the time that State Troopers responded to doesn't mean they weren't in that area. We need to keep that in mind. Yes, if they pulled someone over it should be in the call records. Should....

After re-reading the Observer articles I am really bothered by the fact that the newspaper is owned by the Sheriff and his wife and she is the one writing the articles. One headline reads Missing Coke County man no longer in county (or something like that). How does she know this? She is also the one who firmly stated that Brandon was hiding in the bushes due to his warrant. Obviously she had not heard the 911 call when she wrote that. Or had she?

I do think that originally Kyle and his GF thought that yes, he was hiding due to the warrant. Had they realized Brandon called 911 I'm sure it would have been different.

There are questions/holes in the story that can be answered and I wish they would be. Just to clear up some facts so people know the family is telling the truth. This is nothing personal against them and is typical in an missing person case. It's not like family members never lie. It happens all the time. NOT saying this is the case here, but much confusion and doubt can be easily cleared up and IMO that would help with getting the public's support. When family members say please help me/but don't ask any questions or worry about facts it raises red flags.

The 911 call may not be the solution. I hear "Taper" purshed some guys over. On headphones there is a bit of an "s" sound before "taper". That would be consistent with the words "state trooper" if the cell system lost some of the information in the middle.

I'm thinking that the only reason Brandon did not come out to meet the deputy was either he didn't think he could make it there safely or someone was there that he was trying to keep away from or both.

Regardless of how you interpret the 911 call audio it seems that Brandon has indicated there are other people there and he has had some interaction with them.

I'm still a bit skeptical of the timeline. Some parts of it just don't make sense with the information we have. There may be justifying details that aren't public that might make a difference.

Blogtalk

H: Okay, and when the police were there, was there any type of investigation done that night?

LL: Not really. They just, when I called, my phone was in my van charging, because I told K that I was going to put the gas cans outside the porch, because I was, it was my son that was sick for two days. He had a double ear infection at the time. Well, I told K, go give your brother gas and tell him to come home, or let him cool off at your house, because my brother-in-law was the only one that, any family we had in San Angelo. Well, I went to sleep and then I woke up at 4:30 and I kind of was having a bad dream, panicking, and when I woke up, I went and looked at my phone, and I had three missed calls from Brandon and I had like ten from K and I had a text message that they were going to tow the truck, and they couldn't find Brandon. Well, I got scared and I called Brandon many a time and it went straight to voice mail. I could not get ahold of him. I called K and, when I told K, K was kind of panicking, and he couldn't find Brandon. He didn't know where he was at. The cop was there at the time. He didn't know where Brandon was at. He thought once the cop left, Brandon would come out. We still never knew Brandon called 911, or it would have been a whole different situation.

So, is she saying that when she looked at her phone at 4:30 she had all these calls/text? She knew at 4:30 that they were going to tow the truck?

I swear I hear another person talking, under the operator's voice, right before Brandon says “got the first guy" and again when she's asking if he needs an ambulance, there's a low voice under hers...and I think that same voice says "yeah" then Brandon says "no I need the cops". I do not think that's Brandon saying "yeah".

BBM. I'm hearing "there's one car here, the guy's taken to the woods"

Two things from my latest "session" with the 911 call.

1. When Brandon says "there's one car here [that got] or [the guy] chased the ______ into the woods. Underlined area is cut out, I believe this was purposely on someone's part. It's the only part of the call that cuts out like that. I really believe he is saying there's one car here the guy chased the _____into the woods. Whatever goes in the underlined area could identify who else was there. If it was cut, maybe that's why.

2. When 911 operator says "do you need an ambulance" and Brandon speaks at the same time saying "I got the first guy" I swear I hear someone in the background saying "I got the second guy"

I'd really like to know too who is following up on the from a law enforcement standpoint. Why has no one questioned 911 operator?

I swear I hear another person talking, under the operator's voice, right before Brandon says “got the first guy" and again when she's asking if he needs an ambulance, there's a low voice under hers...and I think that same voice says "yeah" then Brandon says "no I need the cops". I do not think that's Brandon saying "yeah".

Yes I hear it too. It's real muffled so its impossible to decipher or even to be sure it's someone talking.

Two things from my latest "session" with the 911 call.

1. When Brandon says "there's one car here [that got] or [the guy] chased the ______ into the woods. Underlined area is cut out, I believe this was purposely on someone's part. It's the only part of the call that cuts out like that. I really believe he is saying there's one car here the guy chased the _____into the woods. Whatever goes in the underlined area could identify who else was there. If it was cut, maybe that's why.

2. When 911 operator says "do you need an ambulance" and Brandon speaks at the same time saying "I got the first guy" I swear I hear someone in the background saying "I got the second guy"

I'd really like to know too who is following up on the from a law enforcement standpoint. Why has no one questioned 911 operator?

Yes there is definitely a skip or funny sound in that part. It could be his cell phone cutting out or it could be something purposely cut out as you suggested. I hate to think that would happen but it is a small town and the comments in the Observer by the Sheriff's wife I find to be a little odd to say the least. So that makes me just a tad bit more suspicious.

From what I've read on fb law enforcement is not going to do anything more. I really think that's not wise on their part. From the beginning I read that a Texas Ranger was assigned to the case due to size constraints and resources of the small Sheriff Dept. Where is he now?

There is new information (the new more accurate pings) and IMO it needs to be looked into by LE. This should not be the families responsibility IMO. I read on fb that the PI was able to get a much more accurate ping within 2 yards accuracy. My guess is this is gps coordinates rather than the ping that LE got. A ping will give a general area where gps is spot on. This is crucial information and LE should be interested. The new ping/gps is 3 miles from his truck. I read they searched a 3 mile radius around his truck so he could be just outside the search area. They also searched up by the river due to the original ping information (again ping is not gps). They never searched the exact coordinates the PI was able to get from the phone company. And it's private property so there isn't much the family can do. AND if there is possibly foul play then I would hate for private citizens to disturb any potential evidence. It would be quite easy for LE to gain access and check around that exact location. I have a feeling they will find him.

The Sheriff's wife wrote in the newspaper that Brandon was hiding due to his warrant and he was no longer in the Coke County area. Where is the proof of this? Is that just what she wanted the whole town to believe? I hate to say that but I find it rather odd that she's even writing about it at all since it involves her husband's career-in LE no less. So unprofessional and a bit suspicious IMO. And she had to have known about the 911 call.

I may have assumed the same if not for the 911 tape. IMO he is most likely deceased and out there somewhere. On the fb page LL just wants people to focus on finding him and not the facts in the case. OK so say he is found deceased, then what? Then she will want everyone to focus on the facts and figure out what happened? They all go together and IMO putting all the facts together is the best way to try to figure out what may have happened AND where he could be.

Yes there is definitely a skip or funny sound in that part. It could be his cell phone cutting out or it could be something purposely cut out as you suggested. I hate to think that would happen but it is a small town and the comments in the Observer by the Sheriff's wife I find to be a little odd to say the least. So that makes me just a tad bit more suspicious.

From what I've read on fb law enforcement is not going to do anything more. I really think that's not wise on their part. From the beginning I read that a Texas Ranger was assigned to the case due to size constraints and resources of the small Sheriff Dept. Where is he now?

There is new information (the new more accurate pings) and IMO it needs to be looked into by LE. This should not be the families responsibility IMO. I read on fb that the PI was able to get a much more accurate ping within 2 yards accuracy. My guess is this is gps coordinates rather than the ping that LE got. A ping will give a general area where gps is spot on. This is crucial information and LE should be interested. The new ping/gps is 3 miles from his truck. I read they searched a 3 mile radius around his truck so he could be just outside the search area. They also searched up by the river due to the original ping information (again ping is not gps). They never searched the exact coordinates the PI was able to get from the phone company. And it's private property so there isn't much the family can do. AND if there is possibly foul play then I would hate for private citizens to disturb any potential evidence. It would be quite easy for LE to gain access and check around that exact location. I have a feeling they will find him.

The Sheriff's wife wrote in the newspaper that Brandon was hiding due to his warrant and he was no longer in the Coke County area. Where is the proof of this? Is that just what she wanted the whole town to believe? I hate to say that but I find it rather odd that she's even writing about it at all since it involves her husband's career-in LE no less. So unprofessional and a bit suspicious IMO. And she had to have known about the 911 call.

I may have assumed the same if not for the 911 tape. IMO he is most likely deceased and out there somewhere. On the fb page LL just wants people to focus on finding him and not the facts in the case. OK so say he is found deceased, then what? Then she will want everyone to focus on the facts and figure out what happened? They all go together and IMO putting all the facts together is the best way to try to figure out what may have happened AND where he could be.

Well said. All of it.

BBM
I wonder if LE would allow TES to search the new ping area if Ladessa requested them. IIRC, didn't I read earlier that TES was too busy to search for Brandon? If so, maybe they have time now or in the near future.

I've been playing around with the section right after "[Detectives] got the first guy."

While the operator asks if he needs an ambulance it still sounds like "And I can't talk."

Sorry, I don't hear anything prior to what sounds like "detectives got the first guy."

Also I'm working on the "totally ran into 'em" part. There is a distinctive "K" sound at the start. It sounds like a bit of cell phone processing there. It sounds like Clyde, but, because of the noise issue, may be "Kyle." That would open up some new possibilities including that Kyle may very have almost stumbled across something himself.

It's interesting to hear the difference between speakers and headphones. I've used high quality studio speakers and high quality headphones to listen. Each is slightly different when trying to make out some of the words.

I see what you're saying. To me it sounds like he took in a deep breath at that point and on the exhale said

Ki totally ran item em or Hi totally ran into em. I could be mistaken but I think he's just exhaling when he starts the I.

I wonder if Brandon was in to video games. He could be saying "Sabre", a car in the Grand Theft Auto game. We older people who know cars would see an Olds 442.

BBM. I'm hearing "there's one car here, the guy's taken to the woods"

One thing we can be sure of is "someone" took to the woods, Brandon has one of the guys and I totally agree with you that Brandon did not say "yes". I would bet my next paycheck on it. He has someone. I think someone came and helped the guy Brandon had and they abducted him. They went back to where the cars were "on both sides of the road going towards Abilene" and I have a feeling they went back toward San Angelo.

That's where I think they need to look.

MOO

Could I have a copy of the 911 call sent to me, please? This is such an interesting case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cokie