TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is we still have the 911 call. I keep going back to that call. Brandon ran into someone out there that night and I think his body is out there sadly.

Maybe he did run into somebody that night or maybe he thought/hallucinated he did. To me, that's the reason whether he was high or not is a big important question.

To drive down a long road you're familiar with without sufficient petrol doesn't wash with me. We live in Germany and regularly drive home to the UK and are constantly watching when we need to top up because we know where the petrol stations are.

His truck was already parked haphazardly when he asked his brother to bring petrol ('I'm 10 minutes up the road') - cars don't just stop like that, he would still be able to drift into a safe stop position rather than the position he did, endangering other road users.

I find it highly improbable that this guy ran out of petrol, dumped his truck so dangerously to other people, walked up the road, stumbled into something he shouldn't have and was murdered on such a remote stretch - stranger things have happened, granted. I 'walked' up that highway on Google Maps and saw very few vehicles during daylight hours let alone late at night. It would be a huge amount of unfortunate circumstance.

I have no doubt that he referred to "woods". He may not have meant a lot of trees, but perhaps brush, etc. which could obscure the view. It was night, he was scared and "woods" is what he thought of at the time. The moon that night was one night past the new moon which means almost no light coming from the moon.

Also, in regard to the 911 recording, why doesn't anyone have a direct dubbed copy of the original. The ones circulating around were obviously recorded by holding a recorder up to a speaker. There's only so much you can do with such a recording. I also don't think the recording is complete.

For the alleged LE activity the night Brandon disappeared there seems to be a lot of fuzzy information. By now we should have some facts rather than vague references to locations, mixed up timeline elements, etc.

I still think Brandon saw what he thought were state troopers. I'm also still not sure I believe the authenticity of the texts/calls after the 911 call.

Does anyone know what cell company Brandon was using? It might be interesting to pull up details regarding signal strength since it's been claimed the later calls kept getting dropped.

techpuppy, would you send me a copy of the revised recording you made, please?

Surely if Brandon was being chased as per a couple of rumours and his 911 he'd of told his brother that in his numerous calls/texts with him that night? I'm sure most people wouldn't allow their sibling to walk into a dangerous situation (by bringing Brandon gas) without warning? I know I wouldn't. In fact, my first priority would be keeping my sibling safe so the first thing I tell them is that danger was afoot.

Is it possible, given that Brandon and Kyle are/were both users that Kyle is fully aware of who was chasing Brandon and doesn't want to suffer the same fate hence playing his cards so close to his chest and not really saying much?

Just my thoughts, I just don't understand how Kyle could not have known about this apparent chase, especially if there is substance in the Walmart story.

I think there is a very good possibility you could be correct. :moo:

I wonder why he turned down the ambulance when it's obvious that someone else said "yes"? Was someone else on their phone at the same time that may have needed the ambulance, and he took it for granted that they also were on the phone with police?
OTBR:
I remember when I was BADLY hurt in a car accident, and someone had called the Ambulance for us. The man that hit us was on his phone. Not for an ambulance for US though..he'd called his father who was a hotshot insurance agent in the town I was hit in. Goes to show you the common courtesy for "others", sometimes.
If BL hit someone, and called it in for help;
the person who was "hit" might not have been so kind.
If I could get the cleared up copy of the 911 call, and access to what it said in the Accident Report that'd be awesome.

I have no doubt that he referred to "woods". He may not have meant a lot of trees, but perhaps brush, etc. which could obscure the view. It was night, he was scared and "woods" is what he thought of at the time. The moon that night was one night past the new moon which means almost no light coming from the moon.

Also, in regard to the 911 recording, why doesn't anyone have a direct dubbed copy of the original. The ones circulating around were obviously recorded by holding a recorder up to a speaker. There's only so much you can do with such a recording. I also don't think the recording is complete.

For the alleged LE activity the night Brandon disappeared there seems to be a lot of fuzzy information. By now we should have some facts rather than vague references to locations, mixed up timeline elements, etc.

I still think Brandon saw what he thought were state troopers. I'm also still not sure I believe the authenticity of the texts/calls after the 911 call.

Does anyone know what cell company Brandon was using? It might be interesting to pull up details regarding signal strength since it's been claimed the later calls kept getting dropped.

Verizon. LL talked about it on FB and said her phone is the same and once she got out into the fields she lost reception. There were no specifics given.

Hey guys, new to this thread. (a pair of fresh eyes) :)
I didn't realize there was a 911 call connected till just recently. I've never had Dispatch as a profession, but I've been in call centers for the last 13 years and have listened to all types of mannerisms/accents from different regions of the country. Hopefully I'm not too far off on what he says, because I've done my own transcription. The 911 call I had, I pulled from youtube and it was 57 seconds or so long. I'm hoping it's not edited or cut in any way. If you would please follow the transcription and the 911 call and give me feedback it would be greatly appreciated. And if theres a new version you'd like me to listen too, I'd be happy too :) (keep in mind this is MOO on the transcription)
youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtii-KvxCU8
Disp:911 Emergency..
BL:Yes, I'm in the middle of the field, (this tanker?) or(I think I..) just pushed some guys over. Right here going towards Abilene on both sides. My truck ran out of gas,there's one car here (breath) got pushed into the woods. Please hurry.
Disp: Ok now, run that by me one mo--
BL: one guy-caught on the shoulder..(pause)Aw, I gotta tell you, I ran into 'em.
Disp: Ahh OK you ran into Him..?
BL: I got the first guy--
Disp: Do you need an ambulance?
slight background noise: sounds like someone said "yes"
BL: No, I need the cops.
Disp: Ok.
(Pause)
Disp: Is anybody hurt?
(4 second pause, heavy breathing)
Disp: Hello?
(2 second pause)
Disp: Hello??
(another 2 second pause)
Disp: Hello?
(no answer..end call)

I don't know, but in those repeats of that one phrase following "I'm in the middle of a field..." I keep hearing the word 'motorcycle.'
Anybody else hear that?

I wonder why he turned down the ambulance when it's obvious that someone else said "yes"? Was someone else on their phone at the same time that may have needed the ambulance, and he took it for granted that they also were on the phone with police?
OTBR:
I remember when I was BADLY hurt in a car accident, and someone had called the Ambulance for us. The man that hit us was on his phone. Not for an ambulance for US though..he'd called his father who was a hotshot insurance agent in the town I was hit in. Goes to show you the common courtesy for "others", sometimes.
If BL hit someone, and called it in for help;
the person who was "hit" might not have been so kind.
If I could get the cleared up copy of the 911 call, and access to what it said in the Accident Report that'd be awesome.

This is so important to the 911 call I think. The fact there was a second voice to me confirms Brandon is being chased or he chased someone. If you listen very closely, the "yes" is very guttural and breathy, as if someone is sitting on you and you can't get your voice. To me this proves he is in trouble and this is not staged. My impression of the 911 call is a bit different. The main things I do agree on but I am not convinced of the state trooper.

I am a born and raised Texan from this area. I feel what I hear is pretty clear for almost all of the tape, but I will admit I could be wrong.

A part of me thinks the phone was away from his mouth, and he may not have been paying attention to the question (maybe looking out) and responded with a quick yes then realized what the question was and put the phone to his mouth and said no.

A part of me thinks the phone was away from his mouth, and he may not have been paying attention to the question (maybe looking out) and responded with a quick yes then realized what the question was and put the phone to his mouth and said no.

that is what I thought the first time I listened. Then I heard techpuppies tape that was cleaned up. I got my room very quiet and put on my ear buds. The "yes" I feel 100% sure is a second voice. It is higher pitched and Brandon practically talks over it. I've listened to that tape about 30 times, over and over.

I wish someone like Equasearch or another search team would come search officially. Was the last search by Ladessa in September?

That area needs some professional searchers badly! I would volunteer to search with a party of searchers. Never done it before, but would try.

I'm glad they are reinvigorating the search.

So where is the rest of the 911 call? I didn't hear anything saying he was between Bronte and Abilene??

The fugitive part just seems rather dramatic to me. I'm really curious what the warrant was for. They make it sound like he escaped from prison on a murder charge or something. Seriously it seems a little over dramatic to me. It also seems to be a little defensive. Just MOO. But IMO whatever lights a fire under their butts and gets them to search the new ping/gps area.

The Texas DPS, Texas Rangers and the Coke County Sheriff are reinvigorating the search for Brandon Lawson, according to a press release.

It reads:

"At approximately 12:50 a.m. on August 9, 2013, the Coke County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call from an individual believed to be Brandon Mason Lawson. The caller indicated he was on U.S. 277 between Bronte and Abilene. The Coke County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area north of Bronte and was unable to locate the caller. A short time later, Lawson’s abandoned vehicle was found parked partially in the roadway approximately four miles south of Bronte on U.S. 277, but Lawson was not located.

"Lawson is a fugitive with outstanding felony warrants from Johnson County. He has not been in touch with his common-law wife or family. The Coke County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Rangers are conducting an investigation into Lawson’s disappearance.

"In all, seven separate searches have been conducted by various law enforcement agencies between August 2013 and February 2014 as part of this investigation, including ground and aerial searches. These searches include the area of the abandoned vehicle, as well as all areas associated with cell phone activity, and one of the searches covered approximately 2,000 acres.

I've been listening to Techpuppy's version of the 911 tape again. Good Lord, I'm going to go crazy. I really believe there is a second person there and likely a third.

Listen carefully when dispatcher says "do you need an ambulance?"

There is a bold, strong voice (sorry lol I can't think of a better description) that says very clearly (to me anyway) "is that guy coming?" He says it at the same time the dispatcher asks "do you need an ambulance".

I believe the "yes" is a third person answering the guy who says "is that guy coming". I don't believe it's Brandon, and I agree that the voice sounds as if the speaker is in distress.

I'm not sold on Brandon saying "detectives got the first guy". I mean if I try hard I can hear it, but I can't tell if that just power of suggestion or not. I always though he said "got the first guy" and there was just some movement that caused noise on the phone.

I hope he is safe, and I truly hope someone of authority is looking into this. I try to go to the Facebook page to glean information but seriously, there is nothing of substance anywhere regarding this case.

I have thought that maybe the lack of information is due to an ongoing investigation, but you'd think we'd hear least something to that effect.

But no. Zip. Nada.

Baffling.

I've tried to listen for the "is that guy coming" and I can't hear it. I need better headphones.

I agree that factual information is really lacking here and fb seems to be nothing more than a bunch of immature bickering. I think that has hurt interest in finding Brandon.

I am so new here and haven't figured out how this works. Concerning Brandon have you listened to the 911 recordings? There is four last I knew. They slowed them down to try to get more out of them.
Sorry if I'm not doin this correctly

Ok I'm with the correct page now. Been having and continue to have computer issues here.

Thank you people for working on these cases. I live bout an hour from this incident. Speedy for wasting space

Verizon. LL talked about it on FB and said her phone is the same and once she got out into the fields she lost reception. There were no specifics given.
Okay. Based on what information I can find: There is a verizon tower between San Angelo and Bronte. The image I've attached is an approximation of the coverage from that tower. It is only showing the coverage from the one tower. There are others more distant in the area which might fill in some spaces shown.

Attachments

• verizontower.jpg
    verizontower.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 41
I'm a newbie here, but I need to share my opinion. I have been reading the posts from the Find BL page and one person posted on the September 19, 2013 a comment which I found odd that she placed herself there when BL went missing. I also found it very ironic that her husbands first and last name sounds very similar to State Trooper. Her husband works in the oil field and the more I listen to the 911 tape. In my opinion, BL says I'm in oil field. "He ran into them." Could it be they ran into him at a store and something went wrong and he met with foul play?

From the statement below, I also think it's odd to say, since I know CPR I was going to stop and help. As well as the statement she made after seeing a vehicle on the side of the road, she wanted to call 911. I see cars on the side of the road at night a lot and I have never once felt the need to stop and perform CPR, much less call 911. Maybe call LE and alert them of a someone in distress, but she only saw a vehicle, no people were seen.

After a little research, I realized, her husband made a Facebook page on August 12, 2013. Three days after BL went missing. Another strange coincidence is that another person also posted things about BL and being prior friends and this same girl is friends or a sister to he and his brother. I don't know how much I can reveal but I hope someone checks this out. Just too many coincidences in my opinion.

This is the comment made by SAT:
"ok so i was on that road tghat night i saw a truck looked to be maybe browm or charcoal facing towards angelo off tje side of the road i was on the phone.with my mom as i passed.it being cpr certified i wanted to stop but just finding out i was pregnate i didn't instead i slowed down did not see anyone and asked my mom to call pd so we hung up and she did cuz i didn't have the num and didn't want to call 911while driving and try to make a report but she did and as i retirned to angelo the truck was still there ? but the truck i saw was pulled off the road at a wierd angle almost lije they would if they were gonna turn maybe like 60 degree angle pointing the front of tge truck towsrds the brush might not be significant but if helpful in finding this man its a blessing my cousin was missibg too two years back but we got an anseer"

Is there any truth to the land there being owned by the sheriff? In the very beginning, when searchers wanted to search, the sheriff's wife came on FB and stated 'they' had searched the land and Brandon wasn't there and no sign of him. Who 'they' are, I don't know. But so many threads on FB have been removed that I don't know if that's even still there. There were lots of different variations told about that night, lots of unanswered questions...and whenever there were answers, just lots of more questions, with really no clear answer. Honestly it was like watching the poor hamster just running on it's wheel, and wondering if the hamster really thinks it's going somewhere? For instance, it took months before the reason for Brandon leaving was known. No one is proud of having an argument, but they happen, and sometimes it's best to separate yourself from the situation. No harm in that. I've always wondered why Brandon's brother came over to check on LL? Maybe they are a very close family, I don't know. I do know my brother in law would be the last that would come to check on me! It was said that was the closest family (I believe). I don't know.

IIFC, the outstanding warrants are available, and it was for drugs. In the very beginning, sure, if no one in the family knew he was missing, and had just been in contact with him, so didn't realize how seriously the situation was, I could see them thinking he was waiting for the police to leave. It was stated at that time that Brandon's brother drove around all night trying to find him. Even got some people to come help him, and they called and looked for him, tried calling his phone, but couldn't locate Brandon. I wonder what the phone records show?

I obviously don't know anyone from this family. I don't however think that Brandon would have left for this long with no contact with anyone.

ALL BASED ON MY OWN OPINION AND FIBRO FOGGY BRAIN!! If any of the older threads are still on the main FB page, you might find some clues there. I don't know if the sheriff's wife's posts are still there. She is the same one that is mentioned in these threads as the editor of the paper or whatever.

I think that maybe Brandon said "stater"... I'm originally from the south (though not TX) and I have heard "stater" used many times as short for state trooper.

I believe I read on the timeline that one of the state troopers,although it didn't identify which one, saw Brandon's cell phone light in the bushes?? If this is true, why didn't they go to where they saw the light and locate Brandon at that time?

So much of this story makes absolutely no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx