TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so sad really that there was and remains so much half truths and changed stories. Now with so much time passed and so much damage done, so many people not willing to get involved because of the way things aren't on the up & up, and getting YELLED at for asking questions or repeating the things told directly closest to him, saying that wasn't what was said, I don't think the whole truth will ever be known.

Hello all. I've recently gotten into this case and have become enthralled. I've listened to the 911 call what seems like a million times. After B says what sounds like "they got the first guy" , then he and operator speak at same time. Does anyone else hear what sounds like B saying something like "I got the other one" as the operator is speaking over him?

Does anybody know where I could find the original audio file for the leaked 911 call? I'm not talking about the allegedly unedited version of the call the police have. I just want the best quality version out there, because I have all the tools to clean up audio but I'm not going to waste my time cleaning up audio ripped from a YouTube video because there is probably a less compressed version in somebody's possession that will yield better results. Thanks!

Does anybody know where I could find the original audio file for the leaked 911 call? I'm not talking about the allegedly unedited version of the call the police have. I just want the best quality version out there, because I have all the tools to clean up audio but I'm not going to waste my time cleaning up audio ripped from a YouTube video because there is probably a less compressed version in somebody's possession that will yield better results. Thanks!

So you're saying that this is a different one than the 911 call floating on YouTube?

Hello all. I've recently gotten into this case and have become enthralled. I've listened to the 911 call what seems like a million times. After B says what sounds like "they got the first guy" , then he and operator speak at same time. Does anyone else hear what sounds like B saying something like "I got the other one" as the operator is speaking over him?

That would make total sense to me since I am of the mind that I hear 2 voices on the 911 call. (other than the 911 operator). "I got the other one" says "Yes" to an ambulance just as BL says "No". Sounds like BL is sitting on him....he can't breath good. MOO

That would make total sense to me since I am of the mind that I hear 2 voices on the 911 call. (other than the 911 operator). "I got the other one" says "Yes" to an ambulance just as BL says "No". Sounds like BL is sitting on him....he can't breath good. MOO

Yes, I feel that I hear another person as well. Not necessarily do a hear or believe a second person is saying the "yes" in response to B being asked if he needs an ambulance. However, I do hear what sounds like a second person in the background. Sure wish we could get some answers for Brandon.

What happened to you Brandon?!?!?!

Nannymo.....it did also cross my mind more than once that maybe B was holding someone else down. To me, it sounds as if his heavy rapid breathing becomes more intense as the 911 call progresses, but it could just be him running, I suppose

I feel like there is also another voice when asked about ambulance. I just wish someone would break their silence and give some sort of idea what went down. At least for the kids sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you're saying that this is a different one than the 911 call floating on YouTube?

No I am not. Sorry for the confusion. Every time you upload a file to YouTube, the audio gets compressed, which results in a loss in sound quality. The same thing happens when you convert a raw audio recording (aka a "lossless" audio file) to an mp3.

I'll use a hypothetical situation to help explain what I'm after. So let's pretend that this is the path that the audio from the 911 call took to get on to YouTube:
1. Raw/Lossless recording of 911 call is saved on 911 archive server
2. Officer retrieves it from server, converts to mp3 so he can put on his phone
3. Officer plays it for family member or spouse of BL on speakerphone, that family member records it with their phone
4. Family member gives audio to person
5. Person makes a video that includes the audio of the 911 call
6. Person uploads video to YouTube

In this example, the audio from the 911 call will lose quality every step after the first one, mostly due to compression or re-encoding of the audio. Step 3 turns the audio into a recording of a recording, introducing room reverb and other artifacts that were not present in the original. You can think of it like taking a photo of a photo.

So if I'm going to clean up the audio, I want to use a file that's from as close to the source as possible because the source has no loss in quality. Hopefully that made sense.

No I am not. Sorry for the confusion. Every time you upload a file to YouTube, the audio gets compressed, which results in a loss in sound quality. The same thing happens when you convert a raw audio recording (aka a "lossless" audio file) to an mp3.

I'll use a hypothetical situation to help explain what I'm after. So let's pretend that this is the path that the audio from the 911 call took to get on to YouTube:
1. Raw/Lossless recording of 911 call is saved on 911 archive server
2. Officer retrieves it from server, converts to mp3 so he can put on his phone
3. Officer plays it for family member or spouse of BL on speakerphone, that family member records it with their phone
4. Family member gives audio to person
5. Person makes a video that includes the audio of the 911 call
6. Person uploads video to YouTube

In this example, the audio from the 911 call will lose quality every step after the first one, mostly due to compression or re-encoding of the audio. Step 3 turns the audio into a recording of a recording, introducing room reverb and other artifacts that were not present in the original. You can think of it like taking a photo of a photo.

So if I'm going to clean up the audio, I want to use a file that's from as close to the source as possible because the source has no loss in quality. Hopefully that made sense.

Thank you for the thorough explanation! I see the difference now. And I def see where the sound quality has been lost with B's 911 call.

Thank you for the thorough explanation! I see the difference now. And I def see where the sound quality has been lost with B's 911 call.

No problem! And that was just a hypothetical situation, I don't know the path the audio took before it hit YouTube. Could the unedited 911 call be retrieved from an FOIA request?

I feel like there is also another voice when asked about ambulance. I just wish someone would break their silence and give some sort of idea what went down. At least for the kids sake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm afraid if they spoke out they would be arrested because they are the ones who harmed BL. And I don't mean family here. Jmo.

Who do you think is the other voice?

I think BL was being "chased into the woods" by more than one person. I believe he was able to confront and subdue one of them. That is when he called 911. It is my belief the other one (or 2 or 3) came along and he couldn't fight them all. JMO

I think BL was being "chased into the woods" by more than one person. I believe he was able to confront and subdue one of them. That is when he called 911. It is my belief the other one (or 2 or 3) came along and he couldn't fight them all. JMO

Do you think it was someone he knew or a random encounter where he stumbled upon something he shouldn't have? Personally, I think that he likely knew the person who caused him harm, and may have even mentioned a name while talking to the 911 operator. Since its pretty evident the recording we have all heard has been altered, I was wondering if anyone has the "right" or could anyone request an original unedited version of the 911 call? How would someone go about obtaining an unedited version, or would only law enforcement have access to that?

I've always felt it was someone he knew, but now after so much time has passed, I hate to admit this but I'm starting to lean towards he may have been experiencing some sort of hallucinations due to drug use. Maybe the 2 cars he refers to is the officer, who showed up to the original call of a stranded vehicle, & KL. Maybe all B saw were cop lights & another car. Those flashing lights can be very bright & almost blinding. Idk my ONLY issue is that nothing has been found, not even a shoelace somewhere, but then again, I've always thought they were searching in the wrong areas, so who knows what they'd find if they searched north of Bronte at the Y area.
But about the 911 call, here is a link to the FOIA, might be worth a shot.
http://www.foia.gov/how-to.html

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

I've always felt it was someone he knew, but now after so much time has passed, I hate to admit this but I'm starting to lean towards he may have been experiencing some sort of hallucinations due to drug use. Maybe the 2 cars he refers to is the officer, who showed up to the original call of a stranded vehicle, & KL. Maybe all B saw were cop lights & another car. Those flashing lights can be very bright & almost blinding. Idk my ONLY issue is that nothing has been found, not even a shoelace somewhere, but then again, I've always thought they were searching in the wrong areas, so who knows what they'd find if they searched north of Bronte at the Y area.
But about the 911 call, here is a link to the FOIA, might be worth a shot.
http://www.foia.gov/how-to.html

Jumping from your post. It's possible that he was in the early stages of schizophrenia?

Jumping from your post. It's possible that he was in the early stages of schizophrenia?

No, I don't believe so. If B was hallucinating I'm pretty sure it was due to illegal drugs, meth/speed runs rampant in that area, as well as many others. I really even hate to admit that to myself and out loud, because for so long I was convinced others know more than they've ever said. [emoji22]

No, I don't believe so. If B was hallucinating I'm pretty sure it was due to illegal drugs, meth/speed runs rampant in that area, as well as many others. I really even hate to admit that to myself and out loud, because for so long I was convinced others know more than they've ever said. [emoji22]

I agree, and he had a known issue with drugs, as well as it was stated by LL that the fight they had that night he left was about him using drugs again after being clean for a period of time. I think drugs played a major roll in what happened to him, but I'm leaning towards it not being a "random" crime, but one comitted by someone or multiple people he knew well. I also do not think that he would be found, or any evidence of him, near where the truck was "found".

I too feel it was someone he planned to meet for a drug deal that went wrong. The only reason I do not believe he is hallucinating is the "other voice" I know I hear at the end of the 911 call. They say "yes" while BL says "no". Almost simultaneously they speak and there are 2 distinct voices. Can't be just one person there in my opinion...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3