TX TX - Brandon Lawson, 26, San Angelo, 8 Aug 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm I don't know how long that would take. Michael Adams has been missing from Abilene for 24 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm I don't know how long that would take. Michael Adams has been missing from Abilene for 24 years.
I'd think it would take a minimum of 5 years for the ossification process to result in visual levels of calcification.

I can't link from my iPad, but bigcountryhomepage.com says the remains found at Hubbard Creek Reservoir are that of a juvenile and an adult. Wow

Can someone who is in that area tell me...are there rolling sand dunes from the wind? The area is dry at this time? And if you were 3 miles south and approx a mile before the bridge, (I had posted a map and now I can't find it! UGHHHH OMGG(oh my good grief!!!)!! Where would you be? Would you be at my mark on that map? Seems like someone said it was a home, barn, some type of building and possibly burned?

Can someone who is in that area tell me...are there rolling sand dunes from the wind? The area is dry at this time? And if you were 3 miles south and approx a mile before the bridge, (I had posted a map and now I can't find it! UGHHHH OMGG(oh my good grief!!!)!! Where would you be? Would you be at my mark on that map? Seems like someone said it was a home, barn, some type of building and possibly burned?

There are not any rolling sand dunes. Even if the ground was plowed there would not be any dunes. 3 miles south of Bronte and a mile south of the bridge is approx. where Brandon"s truck was found. There is a mobil home close to that area,

There are not any rolling sand dunes. Even if the ground was plowed there would not be any dunes. 3 miles south of Bronte and a mile south of the bridge is approx. where Brandon"s truck was found. There is a mobil home close to that area,

Is it all hard packed earth then Nannymo? The sand/dirt does not drift and pile up against the trees/bushes and create 'dunes'? I wonder if Brandon laid against a tree, or up under a bush, could/would the dirt/sand/weeds etc 'cover' him up eventually? Especially as dry as it's been for everyone.

The terrain is simply not like that in the area. It has been dry, but the ground is hard packed. Weeds, perhaps, but not sand/dirt. It actually brings to mind a recently discovered body in Oklahoma City. A man was found not far from his house. He had walked into a wooded area and shot himself while leaning against a tree. He was only found recently. I mention this simply because the idea of overgrowth covering up essential clues is a real possibility.

But why aren't they allowed on the land?

This is about 150 miles from San Angelo

I have been a lurking for the most part since I found this site but must say out of all the cases I have religiously followed on WS...THIS one is the most baffling to me! It's almost like a mystery book with a little sci-fi thrown in there and it's driving me CrAzY. I just wish for Brandon to be found and returned whether that's safely or however. I hope that answers to this missing case are soon answered.

But why aren't they allowed on the land?

Is it one particular land owner or multiple? I really wish I could go search beyond that monteno gate to the south.

Is it one particular land owner or multiple? I really wish I could go search beyond that monteno gate to the south.

I am not sure. I have been told several land owners. I mean if they are willing to lease the land out for hunting wouldn't you think they would let search crews on the land? They need answers, let them search and if he's found its closure, if not then the family knows to look elsewhere.

No Spiritecho, there is not sand that would blow up and conceal a body. Weeds or tall grass, yes. The ground has a tendency to be hard packed unless it is plowed. Even plowed, it would not blow up and conceal anyone. If Brandon was "in a field" as he stated, to me that would indicate a plowed field or a field of permanent grass such as haygrazer or buffalo grass. A field in Texas usually gets plowed and planted, but not always. A field to me as a native Texan of this area indicates a rather flat area with something planted and growing or freshly plowed. I would think if he were in a field, he could be found rather easily because of a lack of trees and also if it were plowed, someone would have come across his body by now.

On the other hand, a pasture would indicate an area of mesquite trees, cedar trees, some native grass and some sort of scrub brush. Pastures are usually not plowed , but cattle or other livestock could roam the area and graze the native grasses. Pasture could be pretty thick with brush and could hide a body well. It might be difficult to find Brandon if he was in a pasture where people and equipment do not go very often. He could be well hidden there.

In Texas, fields are fenced off and have a tendency to be rather small areas. Whereas a pasture is fenced off also, but it can consist of hundreds of acres.

Hope this helps you visualize the land. I have some pictures of the area. I will try to get them uploaded.

I am not sure. I have been told several land owners. I mean if they are willing to lease the land out for hunting wouldn't you think they would let search crews on the land? They need answers, let them search and if he's found its closure, if not then the family knows to look elsewhere.

There have been numerous searches by LE and a SAR group. Also air searches. Brandon was not located. Doesn't mean he is not there, just not found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor