Found Deceased TX - Brenda Lizbeth Montanez, 25, Log Cabin, Henderson County, 27 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Musical Joke, it appears so

Brenda Lizbeth Montanez Missing: last seen driving to visit boyfriend » TodayTrail
"Montanez’s family contacted police last week after they failed to get in touch with Montanez for nearly two weeks. Montanez’s stepfather, Pablo Orlando, told CBS Dallas he was supposed to meet Montanez on Jan. 27."

It does make you wonder if maybe she can fall out of touch easily?

Yes, indeed it does. If she didn’t have an accident and go into the water with nobody around to see or help, I just don’t know where she could be. I’d think if she drove off to do harm to herself, at least the car would be found by now. I hope she’s off clearing her head and safe. jmo

*EBM because apparently I’m struggling with the human language today.:rolleyes:

A few things. Addison out to Cedar Creek Lake/Log Cabin isn't a quick trip. Its 85 miles or about an hour and a half trip. The best way to get out to Cedar Creek from the Dallas area is Hwy 175. Hwy 175 has quite a few dark bridges that go over the lake. I hope authorities are checking her entire route down there.
New York, Texas is more than likely where her phone pinged. Its near Athens, which is nearby-ish. Athens is also off of Hwy 175, so its possible she got in her car and just kept driving.
A lot of the areas around the lake are very rural, isolated and wooded.

A few things. Addison out to Cedar Creek Lake/Log Cabin isn't a quick trip. Its 85 miles or about an hour and a half trip. The best way to get out to Cedar Creek from the Dallas area is Hwy 175. Hwy 175 has quite a few dark bridges that go over the lake. I hope authorities are checking her entire route down there.
New York, Texas is more than likely where her phone pinged. Its near Athens, which is nearby-ish. Athens is also off of Hwy 175, so its possible she got in her car and just kept driving.
A lot of the areas around the lake are very rural, isolated and wooded.
And dark...

Perhaps he doesn't consider himself her boyfriend. It looks like he didn't want to have anything to do with her and this was a one-way relationship. He didn't go to the party with her. We don't know how long he had a relationship with the mother of his child, but it may have been for a while.

Brenda called him 20 times. That's obsessive. Then he set the cops on her because it was 3:00 in the morning and she wouldn't leave his house. I fear for her well-being, but I'm not blaming the man for refusing to let her inside. It wasn't a social hour, and besides, there may have been a child asleep in the house.

IDK if you’re a male or female, but every gf I know has been hormonal and felt slighted and blew up some dudes phone with calls and texts. She was otherwise a seemingly responsible and mature young lady, so I’m sure if she felt so strongly to get herself in this mess it wasn’t bc she was an obsessed psycho chick. He made her that passionate, then effed her over.

Sadly, it appears that she felt she couldn't live without this guy. Bill Cody Dr. dead ends before it gets to the lake (green marker). The boat ramp is on Alamo Dr (blue marker) and the route to Irving where she lived is the maroon marker. So sad. No guy is worth your life.

Attachments

• Brenda Map 1.JPG
    Brenda Map 1.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 26
  • Brenda Map 2.JPG
    Brenda Map 2.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 27
I'm not sure whether to think this was a tragic accident, suicide, or something more sinister. Looking through Brenda's facebook, everything is very relationship oriented to the point that it seems like such a main focus of her life. Maybe it became too much for her. I hate to think this is the case because, truly, no man is worth that!!

However, I came across the following article (written before the car was found) with some interesting information coming from Brenda's best friend about the boyfriend and the relationship in general. Reading this really gives me pause as to whether foul play could be involved. Some things seem sort of sketchy here. Plus, the friend mentions that Brenda had a bit of a history of going over to the boyfriend's house and fighting with him, leaving, only to hover around nearby and return to his place a bit later to "make up". Could that have occurred that night, leading to other things? My mind, it wonders.

Family, investigators struggle for answers in missing woman’s case

"Brenda leaves but she stays nearby and will message him. When she does that and the police are gone, she goes back and they kind of make up a little bit."

Her car was found in a lake (Ceder Creek Reservoir in Log Cabin) with a body inside. Henderson County sheriff: Missing woman’s vehicle recovered from lake, body found inside

I feared this would be the case. I think it’s easy to get disoriented when you’re driving upset. Especially in the dark. An animal could’ve ran out and she swerved and ended up in the lake. She could’ve been too upset to see the road clearly and ended up in the lake. She could’ve just been crying hard and ended up wrecking into the lake. The slightest mistake can cause a wreck. Prayers to her family and friends.

I feared this would be the case. I think it’s easy to get disoriented when you’re driving upset. Especially in the dark. An animal could’ve ran out and she swerved and ended up in the lake. She could’ve been too upset to see the road clearly and ended up in the lake. She could’ve just been crying hard and ended up wrecking into the lake. The slightest mistake can cause a wreck. Prayers to her family and friends.
The video with the short news clip shows the boat ramp and area her car was found in. WEBXTRA: Woman’s body found in submerged vehicle in Log Cabin

I'm not sure whether to think this was a tragic accident, suicide, or something more sinister. Looking through Brenda's facebook, everything is very relationship oriented to the point that it seems like such a main focus of her life. Maybe it became too much for her. I hate to think this is the case because, truly, no man is worth that!!

However, I came across the following article (written before the car was found) with some interesting information coming from Brenda's best friend about the boyfriend and the relationship in general. Reading this really gives me pause as to whether foul play could be involved. Some things seem sort of sketchy here. Plus, the friend mentions that Brenda had a bit of a history of going over to the boyfriend's house and fighting with him, leaving, only to hover around nearby and return to his place a bit later to "make up". Could that have occurred that night, leading to other things? My mind, it wonders.

Family, investigators struggle for answers in missing woman’s case

"Brenda leaves but she stays nearby and will message him. When she does that and the police are gone, she goes back and they kind of make up a little bit."
Ugh, I hope it was a mistake, too late to get out. Instead of suicide or homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back