Found Safe TX - Brianna Morgan Gilbert, 22, went missing during shift break, Amarillo, 30 Mar 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is what I see:

She goes through the gate beside a tanker trailer, walks to the end of the tanker, and turns right on Third Ave. You can see the other person crossing behind her. It looks like they might say something to each other.

The second camera picks her up as she turns the corner. It also picks up the other person crossing behind her, so the two camera views overlap slightly. She walks along Third toward the camera. There's no sign the other person is following her.

The third camera picks her up as she crosses Taylor Street into the parking lot. She's continuing parallel to Third.

The fourth camera picks her up as she crosses Taylor Street and walks toward the camera. She seems to be turning toward the last vehicle in the line as the video cuts out.
Carbuff THANK YOU!!! I appreciate your response so much.

It does seem like the man is wanting to talk to her or says something to her. I wonder if he went through the gate that she came out of and went around and met her on the other side in the parking lot? She seems to look back twice for him when she's walking away. What were the chances of this guy walking exactly at the same time she's out on her break too and at this time of night? Very strange.

I like to think she's walking with a spring in her step, as if she's decided she's not working the job anymore, she's not being taken for a ride anymore, and she's just going. To pastures new, for a rest, maybe she doesn't even know herself.
She doesn't look sad, or angry, or isn't pondering while walking slowly, she's off, almost like it's the first day of the rest of her life. I hope this is the case so much.

Do the Amarillo City cameras catch her anywhere, I wonder....?

It does seem like the man is wanting to talk to her or says something to her. I wonder if he went through the gate that she came out of and went around and met her on the other side in the parking lot? She seems to look back twice for him when she's walking away. What were the chances of this guy walking exactly at the same time she's out on her break too and at this time of night? Very strange.

I thought it looked like he was going in as she was going out, and they just acknowledged each other in passing.

I like to think she's walking with a spring in her step, as if she's decided she's not working the job anymore, she's not being taken for a ride anymore, and she's just going. To pastures new, for a rest, maybe she doesn't even know herself.
She doesn't look sad, or angry, or isn't pondering while walking slowly, she's off, almost like it's the first day of the rest of her life. I hope this is the case so much.

I agree. When she comes on camera in the first video, she's practically skipping.

I thought it looked like he was going in as she was going out, and they just acknowledged each other in passing.
That's exactly what I think too.
She doesn't really look back at him, more to the left to watch the car passing on the road briefly.....

I think the man is a co-worker. He appeared around the corner and wouldn't have known Brianna was the othe side of the truck. It seems all quite natural and above board. He wants loitering.

He was probably just going in to the dairy from his break or maybe starting a shift there himself.

She seemed to look back plenty to make sure the man wasn't following her, she seemed to feel generally vulnerable in the way she carried herself, She seemed anxious to me, I did not feel the "pep in her step" like others see, she feels awkward but trying to project public confidence in her walking with purpose. (she did a little shirt shirk, put her hands in pockets, looked down the second she saw the guy as she came around the 18 wheeler etc) I felt like she was nervous and didn't want it to show, mentally prepping for something, meeting someone?

(as a genderqueer presenting human, its possible she feels a little uncomfortable in a lot of public spaces, projecting some fear of being judged)

I definitely do not think she was going to get food, as she would have just stayed on the edge and pass by the parking lot, to me at the end of the video she veers closer to the camera like she's looking for or headed for a vehicle obscured by the 18-wheelers. is there no footage of a car driving off 10-15-20 mins later?
It would have been someone she trusted as she texted her gf back 15 mins later.
I don't think a perp would have texted "I love you" as clearly she would have been first noticed as missing from work, not necessarily through texts/calls.
All moo

Last edited:

Love this post!

I agree 100%!

Hubs said he'd go with me tomorrow for a field trip and grab some more photos down theere.

I asked husband, and he doesnt know of any city cameras, other than those on red lights that only turn on when a car runs them. Businesses would have cameras....APD would have cameras in their parking lot if she went that way. But not general city cameras that we know of.

Take out? Like a restaurant? Whats it's name? I cant place it.

according to google maps- A&W. so on them, as obviously I am not there like you are.

And I would love just another few seconds of video at the end- I think it may show where/who. If not going to eat, meeting someone in the employee parking lot ? Head scratcher without more info

Carbuff thanks for your great description of the video. Now it makes sense. I agree that it looks like he was going in while she was going out. After passing him, she glances back...to me it looks like she's checking to make sure he isn't following her. She ups her pace a bit. When she crosses into the parking lot, she seems to slow down and is just strolling along.

Prior to entering the parking lot, she is walking with more purpose. More aware of her surroundings. Like street-smart women do when they are walking alone, especially at dusk/night time. She seems more relaxed when she gets to the parking lot. IMO

I went to Googlemaps and walked the little yellow dude around the neighboring streets. It looks like if Brianna cut diagonally across the parking lot, she'd come out at the corner of Fourth Ave and Polk Ave, and beyond that is an area of mixed use--some small apartment units, small stores (some appear to have housing attached), empty lots, a hospice, a very large mission, an Assemblia de Dios church, and some big empty parking lots that appear to belong to an unoccupied convention center.

A lot of places that should be searched to make sure she wasn't mugged and left there.

Wow, so good to have the video.

On the google earth view it looks like this lot is for trailers that sit, not active semi's as those appear to have locations at the loading dock. I at first thought maybe she might be meeting someone at a semi but now am wondering if she was simply walking through to get to somewhere else.

Here is an overhead view.

There is another business at the end of the back lot. I wonder if anyone lives above?
That's a great photo. In combination with Google maps, it really clarifies that this is an industrial area. I can see exactly where BG walked using the LE video + this photo. And, I don't see anywhere to go other than the employee parking lot and 18-wheelers. Someone thought there were fast food places, but I don't see anything going that direction on NE Third, crossing N Taylor toward Polk, Tyler, etc.?

Also, BG just used 5 minutes of her break to get to the employee parking, and she will need 5 minutes to return, leaving her just 20 minutes to eat/smoke.

I was fearful that she crawled into a big rig container to take a cat nap, somehow got locked in, may have left the area... but BG sent that text to SM about 20 minutes after she was on video (page 1 this thread) so she was presumably okay then.

Why has she never used her phone again? Was that final text through the typical tower for that area since her phone history should show other communications over time - or had she moved by vehicle to another location and pinged another tower?

This case is becoming stranger and more worrisome. :(

I can’t tell what I make of her demeanour at all. I go from thinking she looks purposeful but generally quite relaxed to thinking she’s perhaps nervy. Only those who know her would be able to tell for sure, I guess.

She seemed to look back plenty to make sure the man wasn't following her, she seemed to feel generally vulnerable in the way she carried herself, She seemed anxious to me, I did not feel the "pep in her step" like others see, she feels awkward but trying to project public confidence in her walking with purpose. (she did a little shirt shirk, put her hands in pockets, looked down the second she saw the guy as she came around the 18 wheeler etc) I felt like she was nervous and didn't want it to show, mentally prepping for something, meeting someone?
(snipped for emphasis)
I noticed the uncomfortable, shirt shirk/hands in pockets body language too. My interpretation was she was feeling uneasy because of her surroundings. She looked back to make sure the guy wasn't following her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back