Identified! TX - Burnet County, body in barrel, Lake Buchanan, Sept'06 - Charles Wyatt, 62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe they did... If you make an ID... sometimes it's better to keep it close to the vest to maximize evidence collection (questioning of witnesses, etc) You don't want to tip other off... and seeing that the remains were in a barrel, there's probably someone out there.

Thanks everyone for clearing this up that the remains found in the barrel are NOT Rachel's. Sorry for the confusion. I was skipping fast throught the entire thread and thought it were Rachel's remains when it was only speculation.

Does anyone know if the remains have been determined to be male or female and what the age of the victim is?

I can't understand so little information in media updates. There are so many families of missing victims who would be able to rule out their loved one with simply age or sex of this victim.

angelwngs said:
Does anyone know if the remains have been determined to be male or female and what the age of the victim is?

I can't understand so little information in media updates. There are so many families of missing victims who would be able to rule out their loved one with simply age or sex of this victim.
Hi angelwngs. I heard that the victim in the barrell was prezumed to be male. i will try to find the link.

I live near where young Rachel went missing, and I have a daughter who is nearly the same age as Rachel. I hope and pray that Rachel is found, and there is justice. Michael Moore made a confession and then recanted it. He may in fact be responsible, though.

Lion

angelwngs said:

This was long and drawn out.........no answers were coming.......but, finally it was said that the person was a male. I think it was Kelly who had spoken with Rachels father ...... that information came out, from their conversation. She relayed that to us here ( from what I am remembering).........
I had a list on here of who went missing within about a 60 mi. radius. Maybe two that were over that. There was about 10 people who it could have been locally.
Then again, a person could have been taken miles in that barrel and then put in the Lake Bucannan. There was another site that was in bewilderment also......about the long, drawn out process of who this could be. I couldn't come up with anymore info.......I hope someone else here knows if there is an update.

Sundayrain said:
This was long and drawn out.........no answers were coming.......but, finally it was said that the person was a male. I think it was Kelly who had spoken with Rachels father ...... that information came out, from their conversation. She relayed that to us here ( from what I am remembering).........
I had a list on here of who went missing within about a 60 mi. radius. Maybe two that were over that. There was about 10 people who it could have been locally.
Then again, a person could have been taken miles in that barrel and then put in the Lake Bucannan. There was another site that was in bewilderment also......about the long, drawn out process of who this could be. I couldn't come up with anymore info.......I hope someone else here knows if there is an update.
Thank you Sundayrain. I cannot find the link where the news report stated that the remains in the barrel were believed to be that of a man.

Lion

Thank you so much for your information, Lion and Sun. :confused: This one just keeps me wondering....

Remains identified as missing Travis County man

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=185446

Remains found last year in Lake Buchanan have been identified Monday as a Travis County man who went missing in 1990.
The remains were of 62-year-old Charles Maynard Wyatt, as identified by investigators at the University of North Texas Health Science Center.
Wyatt was reported missing on Aug. 18, 1990.

Remains identified as missing Travis County man

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=185446

Remains found last year in Lake Buchanan have been identified Monday as a Travis County man who went missing in 1990.
The remains were of 62-year-old Charles Maynard Wyatt, as identified by investigators at the University of North Texas Health Science Center.
Wyatt was reported missing on Aug. 18, 1990.

Thank you so much for updating us on the idenity of this poor soul.

Hopefully, this will help to bring justice and ultimately, in time, some sense of closure for his loved ones.

This was a long time coming for that family. Bless their hearts. To me it is a positive sign that you can't hide the truth forever. Now they know who the victim was...they can work on finding his killer or killers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back