TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know the exact statistics but although it’s true that people are found alive and safe, time dragging on from my experience with true crime missing cases usually is not good.

The mainstream articles I’ve read has law enforcement saying that rather than grid and water searches, there’s been a shift in the investigation toward the digital data and evidence. I certainly hope there’s a break soon.
I think that's a good shift because if they can piece together all the digital evidence, it will lead them to the person(s) that at minimum picked up CH.

I also had a hypothesis that "what if" CH and the person he agreed to meet in the car, while they are in the car parked, someone was lying in wait and did something to both of them???? I really don't want to believe that someone purposefully met him on the internet just to do harm. Sigh..........

However, the only way anyone would be looking for that information, the only reason for him to take precautions not to be "detected" was IF he were planning to go missing. A quick hook-up and back to the apt and he would be the only person even looking at his computer. It wouldn't matter what was on there.
While yes, I feel like this would usually be true, I think it would also depend on the nature of what you’re doing. If there was something Caleb was trying to hide (which could be that he was intending to run away but could also just be something he wanted to keep to himself, something he could get into trouble for if discovered), it makes sense for him to (try to) delete his internet and/or electronic history.

I think that's a good shift because if they can piece together all the digital evidence, it will lead them to the person(s) that at minimum picked up CH.

I also had a hypothesis that "what if" CH and the person he agreed to meet in the car, while they are in the car parked, someone was lying in wait and did something to both of them???? I really don't want to believe that someone purposefully met him on the internet just to do harm. Sigh..........
It’s possible of course— but unfortunately I think it’s more probable that he was catfished by someone with ill intent.

I think about Kevin Bacon and his hook up on Christmas Eve that turned out very bad so we know it happens.

He was found because his digital communications led to the guy he arranged to meet that fateful night.

Parents don’t know everything about their kids. They just don’t.

I’m not suggesting that Caleb was into nefarious behaviour but he may have been involved in some risky behaviours that NOBODY was aware of.

I can see a hook up going bad. We’ve seen it here multiple times.

I don’t have a good feeling about the outcome here. I would really hope that Caleb is found safe and can return to his family but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

MOO

Parents don’t know everything about their kids. They just don’t.
No, parents don't. Not necessarily because they're bad kids or up to illegal or dangerous things, but because they're out doing the silly, goofy things young people do (and hiding it from their parents is part of the "fun"). My son is mid-40s and I'm still learning tidbits of his activities -- from crawling out a window and down a tree, to friends calling friends to rush him home when the driver was arrested for speeding and they thought the other parents wouldn't let them hang out together if the parents knew. Most times these youngsters survive and live to drop hints about their shenanigans. Sometimes fate intervenes.

No, parents don't. Not necessarily because they're bad kids or up to illegal or dangerous things, but because they're out doing the silly, goofy things young people do (and hiding it from their parents is part of the "fun"). My son is mid-40s and I'm still learning tidbits of his activities -- from crawling out a window and down a tree, to friends calling friends to rush him home when the driver was arrested for speeding and they thought the other parents wouldn't let them hang out together if the parents knew. Most times these youngsters survive and live to drop hints about their shenanigans. Sometimes fate intervenes.
You are right about dropping hints. I was a youngster that left messy hints all over the house and I thought I was hiding stuff until one day a conversation had to be had (sigh)

Lets also remember the fathers interview early on with his mother, sending subliminal religious messages to his son, “you can fight this” “your not in trouble, come home” “remember the scripture, and you know THAT scripture”.

<modsnip - religious commentary>

My issue is not his online hookups. The facts are, there is possibly more than 1 person other than Caleb involved in this issue. If there is some online killer out there, I think the locals of that town deserve to know so they can put up extra precautions when choosing to use the internet for hook ups.

Just my thoughts, opinions… nothing more…

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right about dropping hints. I was a youngster that left messy hints all over the house and I thought I was hiding stuff until one day a conversation had to be had (sigh)

Lets also remember the fathers interview early on with his mother, sending subliminal religious messages to his son, “you can fight this” “your not in trouble, come home” “remember the scripture, and you know THAT scripture”.

Since I go to church regularly, I immediately knew that (and this is my thoughts and opinions, not the truth) something had happened in the past, a conversation had been had that he can fight off urges to sin, and there was a scripture given to help him overcome the “issue”.

If there is some online killer out there, I think the locals of that town deserve to know so they can put up extra precautions when choosing to use the internet for hook ups.

Just my thoughts, opinions… nothing more…
I love your post. So fun and deserving of a laugh emoji until the thoughtful, very serious ending. One emoji isn't enough.

The thought of an online killer is terrifying and yes, locals (no matter how big the hunting grounds) need to be made aware of it. I know that LE is often slow to acknowledge a serial killer as LE is considering

A. trying to prevent public panic
B. It's bad for business, especially tourism
C. You can't announce it until you are positive (and how many deaths would it take to be certain?)

Are you suggesting a 'thrill kill'? You may be right!

I can't envision an abduction whereby Caleb stops to assist someone in need or a car pulling up with a single occupant who forces Caleb into a car at gun or knifepoint. I think it would take more than one perpetrator to keep a healthy young man such as Caleb under control while driving. And what would be the motive? Stealing a phone?

It makes more sense that he prearranged a meeting with someone he had previously met up with in the past, and went willingly not giving any thought to his personal safety. Was he then invited to this person's home and things got totally out of hand? Possible.

• 12:56 a.m. — Harris was captured by a doorbell camera as he played with a puppy in the parking lot alongside his roommates and friend. The friend left soon after, and there was no sign of anything amiss.
  • 2:20 a.m. — One roommate said he was going to bed, and Harris responded that he was going to order food via UberEats for his lunch at school.
  • 2:44 a.m. — Harris sent a Snapchat video to his sister that appears to show him walking a puppy in the parking lot of the apartment complex.
  • 3:03 a.m. — He sent a Snapchat video to a friend, showing a bridge within a few hundred feet of the entrance to the complex.
  • 3:12 a.m. — A nearby cell tower received the last location information from Harris' phone.
  • 3:20 a.m. — The UberEats driver left Harris' order at the door of his apartment — as requested.
  • 11 a.m. — One of Harris' roommates found his order still sitting at the door. The roommates were alarmed when they discovered his truck, keys and wallet were still at the apartment. They searched for Harris briefly and reported him missing soon after.

It makes more sense that he prearranged a meeting with someone he had previously met up with in the past, and went willingly not giving any thought to his personal safety. Was he then invited to this person's home and things got totally out of hand? Possible.
Im 50/50 on that one. What I will say, 100% of me says that pic he took of the bridge was supposed to go to whomever was picking him up so they knew exactly where to stop. I was listening to a news broadcast and it said the guy who got the pic rarely checks his snapchat.

Im 50/50 on that one. What I will say, 100% of me says that pic he took of the bridge was supposed to go to whomever was picking him up so they knew exactly where to stop. I was listening to a news broadcast and it said the guy who got the pic rarely checks his snapchat.
I agree with this. I still believe there might be something to WHO he met up with too. Let's assume he met up with someone he had been with previously and that person either holds a position of power or is well known around campus, but doesn't want others to know they are engaging with the same sex or who may be fired for engaging in relations with a student... maybe Caleb wanted more and the other person refused, Caleb threatened to out them, and they retaliated.

IDK, just a theory... and maybe I watch/read too much true crime... and see too many badly behaved faculty in my job.

Lets talk about the $50,000 reward. Will that help? Does that EVER help? We are 37 days in, and $50,000 is waiting to go to the person with information that leads to finding CH, yet nothing. Did it happen too early in the morning (3am) so witnesses will be hard to find? Is there not enough media coverage? Or are people just used to college kids getting themselves in trouble so why care?????

Maybe drugs? Just my opinion. It could be possible. He did meet up with someone. He was so disappointed in himself, he took off with them and is in hiding. He can't face the truth. Or, in the car with this person for a brief moment to to get his fix and overdosed by accident. Driver panicked, left and hid him. Just possible scenarios.

Lets talk about the $50,000 reward. Will that help? Does that EVER help? We are 37 days in, and $50,000 is waiting to go to the person with information that leads to finding CH, yet nothing. Did it happen too early in the morning (3am) so witnesses will be hard to find? Is there not enough media coverage? Or are people just used to college kids getting themselves in trouble so why care?????
Law enforcement is working diligently across multiple agencies on this case that includes getting phone records and digitial information they need to get a good lead and get closer to finding out what happened to Caleb.

At the same time, the family are putting up billboards, going on national media to get the word out about Caleb's case, and doing everything they can to find Caleb. If the reward money entices one person to provide some information on the case, then it is money well spent by the family.

Every day is a new day with the possibility of a break in this case. Just this past week, the family stated that LE have some new information on the case, but they aren't permitted to speak about it. So there has been some movement. As the digital and other information comes in, I think that LE will continue to make progress.

I had always had an intuition that the pic was significant, and not just random fooling around. Most didn’t agree with me, though.

Maybe drugs? Just my opinion. It could be possible. He did meet up with someone. He was so disappointed in himself, he took off with them and is in hiding. He can't face the truth. Or, in the car with this person for a brief moment to to get his fix and overdosed by accident. Driver panicked, left and hid him. Just possible scenarios.

I think if CH got in someone's car to do drugs and overdosed, say on fentanyl for example, then the driver would have disposed of CH by now and he would have been found. But it is possible.

Law enforcement is working diligently across multiple agencies on this case that includes getting phone records and digitial information they need to get a good lead and get closer to finding out what happened to Caleb.

At the same time, the family are putting up billboards, going on national media to get the word out about Caleb's case, and doing everything they can to find Caleb. If the reward money entices one person to provide some information on the case, then it is money well spent by the family.

Every day is a new day with the possibility of a break in this case. Just this past week, the family stated that LE have some new information on the case, but they aren't permitted to speak about it. So there has been some movement. As the digital and other information comes in, I think that LE will continue to make progress.
Good to know this information, thanks.

I think if CH got in someone's car to do drugs and overdosed, say on fentanyl for example, then the driver would have disposed of CH by now and he would have been found. But it is possible.
Especially because of the recent Kansas City, Missouri case, as well as hundreds of accidental fentanyl deaths in recent years across the nation.

ETA: Yes, you would think he’d be found by now, but you never know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member