TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just pondering, nothing known as fact: I wonder if his roommates knew what kind of shadowy activity Caleb may have been engaging in, and that is why they did not contact his parents, at the start, instead, calling the police first. They hoped he would be located quickly, and could leave it up to Caleb to deal with any fallout that might occur where his parents were concerned.

I know the roommates have been ruled out as having to do with his disappearance, but how much would Caleb share with such long-time friends about his ‘dating’ habits and related things of that nature? Do college-age men and women talk openly amongst themselves about such things?
Referencing my own post to add:

JMO, but I believe younger people these days are much more accepting of differences than when I was a young person. I still recall when, apparently, a 6th grade classmate of my daughter told everyone he was gay. My daughter told me about it very matter-of-factly. They all accepted it, and still liked him. I found it very enlightening, and gave me hope for the younger generation. Both that a young person would feel free to be open about his sexual orientation, and for his peers to be so accepting of it. So, that’s why I wondered about the friends here. What did they know?

Hi - I've been catching up on this case and am wondering what I missed where it was stated that CH was seeking a gay hookup? Is this speculation, stemming from a theory that he was outside at 3 a.m. to meet a hookup solicited from a social app (or known partner)? I might have missed a link to a news source, to be fair.
If you read Tricia’s post at the beginning of this thread, it’s what is being referred to. Nothing confirmed in msm or through CCPD.

Is it possible that he saw something shady go down in the apartment complex, and something happened to him because of that? Like a wrong place/wrong time scenario? Domestic dispute? Drug deal? Etc. Like others have said, I'm really perplexed by this one.

Another thing I was wondering about:
It seems there was such a short window of time in which CH disappeared, approximately 12 minutes.
I think reports said LE checked all the apartments in the complex, so presumably any idea that someone from within that complex had taken him is ruled out?
As well as someone accidentally hitting him with their vehicle in the fog?
So he definitely left the complex then, presumably.
CH's father said that LE did not go door to door asking for permission to search all the apartments in the complex, much to the concern of the father and family spokesperson. This was stated in the Coffindaffer interview on NewsNation that was posted above.

Is it possible that he saw something shady go down in the apartment complex, and something happened to him because of that? Like a wrong place/wrong time scenario? Domestic dispute? Drug deal? Etc. Like others have said, I'm really perplexed by this one.
It’s possible. Because of the time period. And cameras not working. And the fact that the complex has not been fully searched.

Also, with regard to CH being barefoot, that is the speculation by the family since they looked through CH's items and, from their understanding of his footwear, they didn't see any missing. But IMO, CH could have picked up a pair of flip-flops or something that they weren't aware of.

Also, with regard to CH being barefoot, that is the speculation by the family since they looked through CH's items and, from their understanding of his footwear, they didn't see any missing. But IMO, CH could have picked up a pair of flip-flops or something that they weren't aware of.
Ok, that makes a difference. He could definitely have a pair of flip flops or sandals or slip-on type shoes that they’re unaware of.

No; Caleb's father initially said that they saw on video that he didn't have shoes on. However, that info may be outdated.

It’s possible. Because of the time period. And cameras not working. And the fact that the complex has not been fully searched.
In my opinion this is where the answer lies.

What's more likely? That he came to harm arranging to meet someone (despite the late hour and just after having sent for food). Or that he took a stroll while waiting for the food order and came across something he got involved in?

IMO the latter is far more likely.

Did they not say he was a caring guy who would go and help anyone? Did he see something that he reacted to which in turn led to his disappearance?

What's more likely? That he came to harm arranging to meet someone (despite the late hour and just after having sent for food). Or that he took a stroll while waiting for the food order and came across something he got involved in?

Did they not say he was a caring guy who would go and help anyone? Did he see something that he reacted to which in turn led to his disappearance?
Have law enforcement or his father spoken about this as a possibility?

In regards to his food order. It wasn’t for immediate consumption, it was for the next day’s lunch.
I think we would be looking at this a bit differently had he ordered hot fast food.

No; Caleb's father initially said that they saw on video that he didn't have shoes on. However, that info may be outdated.
In the video interview link below, at the 23:50 mark, CH's father says that they could see that Caleb was barefoot in the video where the group were outside with the new dog, and also they could see that Caleb was barefoot in the snapchat that he sent to his sister. The father said that he couldn't be 100% certain, but he is confident that Caleb was barefoot when he left the apartment because they went through Caleb's footwear and didn't find any footwear missing. Again, I think it's possible that Caleb had a pair of flip flops and wore those when he went outside for the last time. And if he didn't wear anything on his feet, then I have my doubts that he was meeting anyone, or at least anyone that he didn't know and hadn't met before. JMO.

Edited to add: Caleb's father also said that Caleb's Birkenstocks were found in Caleb's vehicle. So I wonder if that was why Caleb was walking around barefoot most of the evening, because he left his sandals in his car/truck.

With the lack of cameras, a chance "wrong place, wrong time" happenstance encounter could be almost impossible to solve, wouldn't it?

In regards to his food order. It wasn’t for immediate consumption, it was for the next day’s lunch.
I think we would be looking at this a bit differently had he ordered hot fast food

Although the lunchables and Red Bull were for the next day's fishing event, he may have wanted the pie that night. It's possible.

I think we would be looking at this a bit differently had he ordered hot fast food.
Caleb's father said that the convenience store that he usually ordered his food from was closed by the time Caleb got around to placing his order and so he had to order it from a convenience store that was further away. If that is the case, that it was going to be a different store, then it is possible that Caleb would want to go outside and watch for the Uber driver if it was their first time to deliver the food to him at this complex. Makes sense.

Have law enforcement or his father spoken about this as a possibility?
The father and family spokesperson expressed a great concern about the fact that the residents of the complex were not interviewed and no door to door search/interviews were conducted. So they are not ruling out that something happend at the complex.

The father and family spokesperson expressed a great concern about the fact that the residents of the complex were not interviewed and no door to door search/interviews were conducted. So they are not ruling out that something happend at the complex.
Did law enforcement feel this would be too invasive?

Did law enforcement feel this would be too invasive?
The former FBI member who did the interview said that this kind of canvassing is often done as standard protocol in a case like this, with officers asking if the resident heard/saw anything and if they could have a look around. I'm guessing that at the same time they would ask the resident if they would review any security cameras and provide it to LE at some point.

Caleb's father mentioned that a friend of Caleb's lives at the same apartment complex and that as a resident of the complex, he hadn't hear anything from LE.

The former FBI member who did the interview said that this kind of canvassing is often done as standard protocol in a case like this, with officers asking if the resident heard/saw anything and if they could have a look around. I'm guessing that at the same time they would ask the resident if they would review any security cameras and provide it to LE at some point.

Caleb's father mentioned that a friend of Caleb's lives at the same apartment complex and that as a resident of the complex, he hadn't hear anything from LE.
I wonder why they chose to skip it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member