TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is possible that someone got spooked about the recent cloning info and recently dumped the phone off the jetty.
You have to wonder.
Because IF the phone does turn out to belong to Caleb, you have the strange coincidence of:
1. People noticing on social media that Caleb’s account is suddenly active
2. Law enforcement putting out the statement that they are “supremely confident” that it is from digital forensic techniques
3. The phone suddenly surfaces

You have to wonder.
Because IF the phone does turn out to belong to Caleb, you have the strange coincidence of:
2. Law enforcement putting out the statement that they are “supremely confident” that it is from digital forensic techniques
Yeah, that would be a weird coincidence.
The phone has clearly been in water for a while, I don't know how or how long it will take them to be able to confirm if it's his.

You have to wonder.
I think it's just a random phone, and the statement about the activity and the recovery of the phone is just a coincidence. I've followed other cases where people have reported activity on social media, and it's turned out to have an innocent explanation. I see no reason not to believe LE here, and I do find it very encouraging.

People lose phones all the time, and I think some person made a well meaning but ill conceived post that stirred up a bit of a hornet's nest on social media. In a case like this, it'll likely happen again with something else. I look at that Facebook page and pretty much every post makes me irrationally angry.

#CalebHarris' cell phone was not found. It remains missing.

Please continue to use your platforms to help find Caleb. He is 21. He has been missing for months now. He went missing at approximately 3 AM from Corpus Christie, Texas.
I can’t understand if she’s saying officially it’s not his phone? How would she know that?

I think it's just a random phone, and the statement about the activity and the recovery of the phone is just a coincidence. I've followed other cases where people have reported activity on social media, and it's turned out to have an innocent explanation. I see no reason not to believe LE here, and I do find it very encouraging.

People lose phones all the time, and I think some person made a well meaning but ill conceived post that stirred up a bit of a hornet's nest on social media. In a case like this, it'll likely happen again with something else. I look at that Facebook page and pretty much every post makes me irrationally angry.
Looks like you’ve been proven right. Once again!

Last edited:
I can’t understand if she’s saying officially it’s not his phone? How would she know that?
I think that's what she's saying, and I would guess since she's been in regular contact with Caleb's father, that's where it came from? Perhaps there will be clarification this evening. MOO

Missing Monday on #BreaktheCasewithJenCoffindaffer at 630 PM tomorrow.

We will be discussing 4 missing cases:

#SebastianRogers
#CalebHarris
#MiyaTucker
#SerayaHarmon

Hope you can join us!

It’s frustrating, and I wish there had not been such a huge todo about the discovered phone. As @MassGuy says, these false breaks happen all too often due to social media postings. Even Gray Hughs apparently jumped on the bandwagon.

Looking on the positive side of this, the social media and media campaign to find Caleb appear to be working. 1 out of 2 people who came into contact with the found phone knew about Caleb and that the phone potentially matched the one he had on him when he went missing. And they took immediate steps to preserve the evidence and get it to LE. That is a success, even though the phone turned out to be unconnected to the case. Don't we want people to turn in any and all leads, tips, and evidence, rather than make their own decision on whether it is important, connected, and worth the time to submit? MSM alone won't get the general public aware enough and motivated enough, but a combination of MSM and SM could. Yes, it is frustrating that everyone got riled up over what turned out to be nothing, but overall this seems to be an instance where SMS did what it does best (which is to rile people up and get them buzzing about a given topic, which then exposed even more people to it).

Is Ms. Coffindaffer a pretty reliable source? I’ve only listened to her once or twice and had mixed feelings…. JMO
My feelings are that a broken clock is right twice a day, but maybe that's a touch too harsh. Whenever I've seen her commenting on something, though, let's just say that there's been a variable rate of accuracy. And when she has been bang on, it's often been the kind of thing any person on the street could say with a fair degree of confidence of being likely to be correct.

MOO

Is Ms. Coffindaffer a pretty reliable source? I’ve only listened to her once or twice and had mixed feelings…. JMO

I'm a little confused, because I thought Coffindaffer was not an approved source on WS and I've seen links to her shows removed. Either way, she's not my favorite cup of tea, in part because - at least when it comes to her coverage of Caleb Harris - she seems to adhere to a script that leaves out any possibility of online adventures, including those of a sexual nature. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StacyStacyStacy