TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone post a still photo of the case? (With link to source?) Maybe we could sleuth whether it's one of the more popular iphone cases. If it's a common case, then less reason to be hopeful. But if it's really not a common case to buy, we can have some optimism. IMO.
phone possibly caleb's.png

From Gray's video at the :50 minute mark

I’m not sure why the police would confirm publicly if this is his phone- at least right now.

There’s no way, imo, that it traveled that far in a current on its own, I find it more likely tossed there, or around that area (if it is his)

I also think that just a few days being in the sediment and water would look pretty similar to 3 months.

Praying that digital forensics now solves this case!

Thinking of you and your loved ones, Caleb :(

IMO it's too early for LE to determine/announce if the phone is related to Caleb's case or not. I'm not even sure of how recovery would work...surely they have to dry the phone out (however it goes, I'm sure LE has more sophisticated methods) before they can try to power it on?

This isn't like a UID where a rule-out can be made relatively quickly (like approximate age, height, female/male). Those ones are 'easier' to tell if it is unrelated to a case or not.

I’m not sure why the police would confirm publicly if this is his phone- at least right now.

There’s no way, imo, that it traveled that far in a current on its own, I find it more likely tossed there, or around that area (if it is his)

I also think that just a few days being in the sediment and water would look pretty similar to 3 months.

Praying that digital forensics now solves this case!

Thinking of you and your loved ones, Caleb :(

There's at least one reason I can think of - and personally I don't believe it's his phone - for LE to confirm publicly whether it's Caleb's phone. If the assumption is made that Caleb and his phone may have been together in the area, it opens up a new search vector, including re-canvassing for video footage, etc.

I agree with you that phones don't float or drift.

Because I'm still firmly welded to my belief that Caleb was killed by a predator, I don't see that predator being so sloppy as to toss Caleb's phone anywhere remotely close to where he grabbed him. IMO, both Caleb and his phone are long gone.

That being said, I'm keen to hear from LE.

There's at least one reason I can think of - and personally I don't believe it's his phone - for LE to confirm publicly whether it's Caleb's phone. If the assumption is made that Caleb and his phone may have been together in the area, it opens up a new search vector, including re-canvassing for video footage, etc.

I agree with you that phones don't float or drift.

Because I'm still firmly welded to my belief that Caleb was killed by a predator, I don't see that predator being so sloppy as to toss Caleb's phone anywhere remotely close to where he grabbed him. IMO, both Caleb and his phone are long gone.

That being said, I'm keen to hear from LE.
Yes, you’d think a killer would drive 200 miles to toss the phone. Not 10. However, stupider things have happened. Especially if the person was in a panic, maybe not an experienced predator. Or maybe hadn’t know he would actually do what he did.

Yes, you’d think a killer would drive 200 miles to toss the phone. Not 10. However, stupider things have happened. Especially if the person was in a panic, maybe not an experienced predator. Or maybe hadn’t know he would actually do what he did.
Or he wouldn't expect a phone to be found in water this (relatively) soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member