TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray Hughes has released another update— I will not post the link. Encourage caution before watching and I don’t know how reliable his sources are? But interesting, nonetheless.

Very good questions.
I think if he fell into the manhole, and it was 40 ft deep and pretty 'full' it's likely he was not visible or detectable by smell (either submerged or the smell of the sewer masked the smell of a body). imoo.
I may be wrong, but I thought the “40 ft deep” was in reference to the wet well at the Perry Place Lift Station, not the manhole on the field. If this is accurate, I do wonder what the depth of the hole in the field is?

Why is there an open sewer well in a field? Anyone especially children could fall into it!
I was just thinking this exact same thing as I reviewed the latest in this case.

Honestly, if there is an open, deep hole/ shaft/ well/ pool/ anything, anywhere, someone will fall into it!

So I agree with the possible drunk/high but equally just an urban explorer, testing what it's like to be out in the world after dark, when no one else is around, and when you have to use all your senses other than sight, which we are totally dependent on. Including bare feet.

IMO it's the kind of thing adventurous young men are especially prone to do - climbing a mountain, exploring a deep cave, etc. But if you're in university, you might just go out and explore near your place one night. We only hear about it when something goes wrong.

JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I'm surprised to see Gray is just screen capping social media posts on that video and taking those random posts as gospel.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I may be wrong, but I thought the “40 ft deep” was in reference to the wet well at the Perry Place Lift Station, not the manhole on the field. If this is accurate, I do wonder what the depth of the hole in the field is?
That's my understanding too. The wet well is 40 ft deep and located inside the building whichi is under lock and key.

If you are inside a manhole there is water there of course, but it isn't deep.

I'm surprised to see Gray is just screen capping social media posts on that video and taking those random posts as gospel. <modsnip>
<modsnip: Quoted post was modsnipped>

He's basically saying that the only way he could have gotten where he was, was if he was placed there. But he also goes on to mention a supposedly reliable source saying that Caleb used shrooms that night. If the latter is true and there's some way he could have entered that area, then this all makes sense.

That was why I wanted to know about his mental health, grades, and drug and alcohol use early on. People do some really weird things sometimes, like that woman who climbed into her hotel water tank and drowned years ago (Elisa Lam). She was in the throes of mental illness, but a mind altering substance could do the same.

Although I'm open to foul play, I still think that's incredibly remote, and there's an innocent way he could have gotten to where he was, or he actively took steps to get there while he wasn't in his right mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's basically saying that the only way he could have gotten where he was, was if he was placed there. But he also goes on to mention a supposedly reliable source saying that Caleb used shrooms that night. If the latter is true and there's some way he could have entered that area, then this all makes sense.

That was why I wanted to know about his mental health, grades, and drug and alcohol use early on. People do some really weird things sometimes, like that woman who climbed into her hotel water tank and drowned years ago (Elisa Lam). She was in the throes of mental illness, but a mind altering substance could do the same.

Although I'm open to foul play, I still think that's incredibly remote, and there's an innocent way he could have gotten to where he was, or he actively took steps to get there while he wasn't in his right mind.

shrooms would explain wandering barefoot into a field, too bad his friends didn't suggest they all stick together versus wandering aimlessly alone at 3 am.

I was just thinking this exact same thing as I reviewed the latest in this case.

Honestly, if there is an open, deep hole/ shaft/ well/ pool/ anything, anywhere, someone will fall into it!

So I agree with the possible drunk/high but equally just an urban explorer, testing what it's like to be out in the world after dark, when no one else is around, and when you have to use all your senses other than sight, which we are totally dependent on. Including bare feet.

IMO it's the kind of thing adventurous young men are especially prone to do - climbing a mountain, exploring a deep cave, etc. But if you're in university, you might just go out and explore near your place one night. We only hear about it when something goes wrong.

JMO

Yes. Exactly. Adventurous young men. Add in alcohol and you need only read here about how common this is. No need for foul play.

I wouldn’t presume to know the exact demographics of all of the posters on this site, but based on my years of reading here I’ll venture to guess that those that can’t fathom why Caleb would be barefoot or out at 3am or urban exploring are viewing this from their current lens of experience. Broaden the aperture and put yourselves in the shoes (or bare feet) of a college-aged young man at the prime of life, invincible, adventurous, 3am no problem (who needs sleep at that age?), a smelly forbidden place (the smellier the better, have you met a teenage boy lol), the thrill of being out in the open or danger of breaking the rules, and perhaps it’s not so out of the question.

And if you can’t, I totally get it. While I have fond memories of my crazy youth like breaking into the steam tunnels (rumored to be filled with cockroaches) at my university with my sorority sisters high on nothing but life and the thrill of the forbidden, my bedtime these days is 10pm and my current thrill is the breaking of my 3 cups of coffee rule with the occasional fourth cup.

I can’t presume to know what happened but I’m firmly in the tragic freak accident camp.

Last edited:

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought Gray Hughes said yesterday that the manhole was approximately 15" in diameter. Is that correct?

I'm not sure where he got this information, but he theorized that a body could have gotten wedged on the way down, and during decomposition, the body fell to the bottom of the sewer.

It sounded logical to me but I don't know if his information is factual or not (?)

shrooms would explain wandering barefoot into a field, too bad his friends didn't suggest they all stick together versus wandering aimlessly alone at 3 am.
They were in bed at that point, so I can’t fault them. If anything, they’re the good guys here, quickly sounding the alarm.

This all looks very different with this information, but we still have no idea if it’s true, or if he had to have gone in where he was found.

I can’t wait to have something official.

Yes, it could indeed mirror Elisa Lam’s case with CH experiencing drug use, failing grades, the rescinded Alaska trip; and subsequent risky behavior being its own form of mental stress.

Such periods of stress are not uncommon in young people out on their own and none of this is any judgement of Caleb. On the contrary, I feel sympathy for what he was going through, and agree with you that he may have had a moment similar to Elisa at the hotel.

I agree that an official statement of facts would be very welcome at this juncture.

Well, since the uncovered manhole was so close to where he snapped the bridge picture, maybe he was pacing and hanging out to meet someone, but never got the chance, as the heavy fog made him stumble into the manhole?

In the National Parks, a significant number of accidental deaths happen while attempting to take a photo (backing up, reframing, trying to get the right photo - and boom, one loses footing).

With heavy fog, even worse. Requires that the manhole cover was off, though. Which is entirely possible these days.

IMO

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought Gray Hughes said yesterday that the manhole was approximately 15" in diameter. Is that correct?

I'm not sure where he got this information, but he theorized that a body could have gotten wedged on the way down, and during decomposition, the body fell to the bottom of the sewer.

It sounded logical to me but I don't know if his information is factual or not (?)
GH’s most recent update discusses why 15” may not have worked with the alleged size of the remains and he now feels whoever was found in that lift station was placed there directly….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper