TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still clinging to my theory that no one else was involved and he fell into something. Maybe something inside the apartment complex. Was an older structure remodeled to become housing for students? Were rooms repartitioned to make apartments confirm to a new standard or to pass additional regulations/requirements? Were new spaces created (like shared laundry facilities or gym)? Did plumbing undergo changes? Are there potential access points to unused spaces that were SUPPOSED to be closed off, but perhaps were compromised by drug users or just young people looking for private spaces for whatever reasons? All it takes is one loose panel somewhere, with a death-trap exposed pipe on the other side.

MOO
To be blunt, if he was in the complex, someone would have smelt something by now.

To be blunt, if he was in the complex, someone would have smelt something by now.

With many empty apartments that probably haven't been searched since the early days, if they were even searched at all beyond knocking on doors and asking questions over the threshold?

There are cases of deceased people being found in their apartments after weeks or even months. Underground (or in a wall that is not shared with any occupied apartment) might not smell bad enough. There are companies specializing in cleaning up decomp, like this one:

An unattended death, or an “undiscovered death,” is a term used to describe someone that dies and whose body is not found right away. Days, weeks, and sometimes months can pass before the remains are discovered, usually leading to property damage due to bodily fluids and other factors.

The perp may have been in the same complex, but not necessarily Caleb's body.

It was the end of semester, students were moving back home, or to summer jobs.
If someone (even a non-student) was moving a heavy bag or large box, no-one would notice, as is wouldn't be out of place!

Based on Green's answer to the question as to why the feds were involved and if it was due to the wealth of resources or whether a federal crime had been committed, and he answered "Both", suggests to me after scrolling through federal crimes that it's the wire fraud crime.

All those requests for information dumps means they are looking for some communication between Caleb and an unknown person. People all over the world respond to complete strangers for random reasons and we don't think anything about it until something bad happens. Like those internet Romeos who swindle lonely widows out of their fortunes or Tinder hook ups that go south or anonymous hookups through myriad forms of communications.

Maybe Caleb was in the habit of hooking up with random people who don't try to hide their identities online. I'm sure LE have already contacted or are aware of many interactions online of Caleb with numerous people. We do it here on WS, using avatar names, very rarely do people use their real names, and there's nothing suspicious about it (on the whole) but when people are using VPNs to hide not only their identity but their trail online, it could raise a lot of red flags and that's why we aren't going to get any information from LE until they find a perp. Because everything they are doing, suggests this is foul play. If it was a hookup gone wrong, I think we'd already see an arrest. But the lack of any sort of information suggests that Caleb may have been targeted.

I feel sorry for the parents and family of Caleb because much like Riley Strain's parents, to give up hope means facing facts that the chances of their son coming home is infinitesimal.
I know this is going to sound dumb, but does anyone know if the dog was found outside or in the apartment?

There are several references to Caleb's disappearance happening at the end of the semester. It looks like there are "regular semester" classes that run for the whole semester, and 2 "7 week sessions" (half-semester courses). March 4th was the end of the first "7 week session", but was right around midterms for full semester courses. Spring break was 3/11-15 and final exams were in early May. IMO, there probably was not a lot of moving in/moving out in March.

The dog being found back inside the apartment safe and sound, without Caleb, is a bit of a mystery.

But going off the "hookup theory", what if someone reached out to Caleb through an app or online forum saying they could pick him up in their car at a certain spot? Caleb agrees but says he's out walking the dog. So either Caleb asks, or the person offers to drive him back to the complex so he could quickly drop off the dog.

This could explain why Caleb was seen with the dog almost a mile away at around 3:35–3:40am when he should've been home to pick up his UberEats order that had been delivered 15-20 minutes prior. He was walking to the designated meetup spot.

It might also explain why he was out for so long with the dog. He left the apartment complex at 2:44 am and was last seen 0.8 miles away about an hour later, even though it takes about half an hour to walk a mile. But I'm sure it takes longer if you're walking a small puppy at a leisurely pace. If the meetup was being arranged during the walk, then Caleb might've stopped while messaging with the person. Also, if they had settled on a meetup time (say, 3:45 am), then Caleb may have been walking slowly to kill time.

Driving Caleb back to the complex to drop off the dog would be risky, but maybe the driver knew there were no working cameras in the area, and/or was confident that they'd parked in a secluded spot. Caleb might not have found that suspicious if the driver said they needed to be discreet for whatever reason.

If this is what happened, then why did Caleb let the dog in but left his UberEats order outside? Maybe he just forgot about it in the rush because someone was waiting for him. Or maybe he figured it was okay since his food was not immediately perishable and he wouldn't be gone long anyway.

The dog being found back inside the apartment safe and sound, without Caleb, is a bit of a mystery.

But going off the "hookup theory", what if someone reached out to Caleb through an app or online forum saying they could pick him up in their car at a certain spot? Caleb agrees but says he's out walking the dog. So either Caleb asks, or the person offers to drive him back to the complex so he could quickly drop off the dog.

This could explain why Caleb was seen with the dog almost a mile away at around 3:35–3:40am when he should've been home to pick up his UberEats order that had been delivered 15-20 minutes prior. He was walking to the designated meetup spot.

It might also explain why he was out for so long with the dog. He left the apartment complex at 2:44 am and was last seen 0.8 miles away about an hour later, even though it takes about half an hour to walk a mile. But I'm sure it takes longer if you're walking a small puppy at a leisurely pace. If the meetup was being arranged during the walk, then Caleb might've stopped while messaging with the person. Also, if they had settled on a meetup time (say, 3:45 am), then Caleb may have been walking slowly to kill time.

Driving Caleb back to the complex to drop off the dog would be risky, but maybe the driver knew there were no working cameras in the area, and/or was confident that they'd parked in a secluded spot. Caleb might not have found that suspicious if the driver said they needed to be discreet for whatever reason.

If this is what happened, then why did Caleb let the dog in but left his UberEats order outside? Maybe he just forgot about it in the rush because someone was waiting for him. Or maybe he figured it was okay since his food was not immediately perishable and he wouldn't be gone long anyway.
Yes, this all makes sense. However, I did read that the sighting of Caleb with the dog which came later was discounted as not legitimate.

That's why I posted that link about the body found wrapped in multiple layers of plastic in a small apartment - it apparently didn't produce much or any odor for quite some time.

I'm not suggesting that the body is still in an apartment - but the person would have had at least 2-3 weeks to move it. Or to skip town. The odors might still be contained mostly inside an apartment (esp in a bathroom) as long as the rent was paid.

Anyway, there are a series of this type of body disposal (mostly in single family homes - but what's odd is that sometimes even the other family members are not smelling much at a month or so out).

Here's a case where the deceased was thought to have been murdered in July and remained in an apartment undetected until November:

The perpetrator took several precautions - but this is not the only case of that type.

Just trying to think of every possibility!

JMO.

If someone (even a non-student) was moving a heavy bag or large box, no-one would notice, as is wouldn't be out of place!
Ah, excellent point. Also, hate to bring it up, it's ghastly, but perps dismember victims to address the issue of trying to move a body without rousing suspicion.
I found a Christian gay dating site called Zoosk. "Fun Adventures for young people".

Yes MG, The perp most likely used sophisticated encryption software, and might have even been impersonating someone else.
I found many very negative reviews for Zoosk, calling out the site for being scam oriented. I didn't get the impression that it was specifically for Christian gay dating, but rather open to all persuasions.

Last edited:
That's why I posted that link about the body found wrapped in multiple layers of plastic in a small apartment - it apparently didn't produce much or any odor for quite some time.

I'm not suggesting that the body is still in an apartment - but the person would have had at least 2-3 weeks to move it. Or to skip town. The odors might still be contained mostly inside an apartment (esp in a bathroom) as long as the rent was paid.

Anyway, there are a series of this type of body disposal (mostly in single family homes - but what's odd is that sometimes even the other family members are not smelling much at a month or so out).

Here's a case where the deceased was thought to have been murdered in July and remained in an apartment undetected until November:

The perpetrator took several precautions - but this is not the only case of that type.

Just trying to think of every possibility!

JMO.
I agree that with precautions and layering and such, it's possible. I was responding to OP's suggestion in the post I replied to that he might have fallen down and open manhole or something during works. Not a clever concealment, just an accident because he wandered into something left open.

MOO

I agree that with precautions and layering and such, it's possible. I was responding to OP's suggestion in the post I replied to that he might have fallen down and open manhole or something during works. Not a clever concealment, just an accident because he wandered into something left open.

MOO
Thinking about misadventure what about quicksand? I wondered if there were areas in CC had quicksand and found this article.

I am starting to get worried this case might go cold...it really seems like it's not going anywhere unless there are things/leads LE knows that we aren't privy to. I keep checking when I see new posts hoping to have an update but it just seems to be a hamster wheel of discussion at this point which is disheartening. Where are you Caleb???

I am starting to get worried this case might go cold...it really seems like it's not going anywhere unless there are things/leads LE knows that we aren't privy to. I keep checking when I see new posts hoping to have an update but it just seems to be a hamster wheel of discussion at this point which is disheartening. Where are you Caleb???
I have the same fear. I really hope there will be a break, or at least some sort of update, soon. 3 months in, it’s disturbing to not have any apparent improvement.

Jason Landry, Nicholas Hietpas, Caleb Harris all missing under the strangest circumstances. It is like they vaporized,. MOO MOO MOO
Unfortunately in the Jason Landry case the circumstances aren't that unusual.
You can find several other threads on these forums of people who mysteriously vanish after a car accident - even accidents where it is assumed the injuries might be quite minor. There must be something we just don't yet understand about traumatic injuries that sends these people off into nowhere land.

From what I have observed, we are the only place with an active intelligent discussion. The other ones lead basically no where. Shoes or no shoes. $20 allowance or full access to a bank account. I think these are very small things that don't necessarily matter. I didn't believe the bridge sighting for even half a second, which makes me focus on that witness with their supposedly extremely detailed memory of Caleb and the small white dog. Maybe they thought such a tip would produce some type of monetary compensation? Maybe they know the person who was involved and they are trying to cover for them? Since you can't say 100% right or wrong, I don't think they could be in trouble for a false police report, as CH is still missing. There is like a .0001% chance he was under the bridge, however the biggest piece is that the food was outside the door. Chances of the front door being opened and the food being left outside is slim. The roommates were suspicious in the morning when the food was left untouched outside and Caleb was nowhere to be found. Seems like he went outside to walk the dog and snapchat with his sister (a second dog walk after the ring video), then put the dog back up before the food was delivered outside, and vanished. That would mean the witness at 3:30am of him under the overpass with the dog was mistaken.

Who was this witness? What was their motive behind this potentially false statement?

From what I have observed, we are the only place with an active intelligent discussion. The other ones lead basically no where. Shoes or no shoes. $20 allowance or full access to a bank account. I think these are very small things that don't necessarily matter. I didn't believe the bridge sighting for even half a second, which makes me focus on that witness with their supposedly extremely detailed memory of Caleb and the small white dog. Maybe they thought such a tip would produce some type of monetary compensation? Maybe they know the person who was involved and they are trying to cover for them? Since you can't say 100% right or wrong, I don't think they could be in trouble for a false police report, as CH is still missing. There is like a .0001% chance he was under the bridge, however the biggest piece is that the food was outside the door. Chances of the front door being opened and the food being left outside is slim. The roommates were suspicious in the morning when the food was left untouched outside and Caleb was nowhere to be found. Seems like he went outside to walk the dog and snapchat with his sister (a second dog walk after the ring video), then put the dog back up before the food was delivered outside, and vanished. That would mean the witness at 3:30am of him under the overpass with the dog was mistaken.

Who was this witness? What was their motive behind this potentially false statement?
Yes, the sighting was always problematic and has been discredited.
There have been cases where a false tip is made to deliberately lead the investigation away from the truth (the Skylar Neese case is one example).

But I guess we don’t know what the motive behind reporting this “sightIng” was. Maybe law enforcement has an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member