TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sighting of him under the overpass with the dog was mistaken.

Who was this witness? What was their motive behind this potentially false statement?
I don't believe it was a false statement.
I'm sure someone driving by remembered seeing a group of young males and convinced themselves that one of them must have been Caleb.
And so they rang the police.
It turned out it wasn't Caleb, but that's OK. At least the person reported it, even if it wasn't the person they were looking for.

You shouldn't be afraid to ring a tip in, in case you're wrong.

I just think it was a person trying to do the right thing and be helpful.

This witness went so far as to personally contact the family as they felt the police weren't responding to them fast enough.
Maybe the police are a bit slow, I don't know.

But if the witness contacted the family themselves, that's OK. They're not hiding behind anything and I think the witness was genuinely trying to help.

If I recall correctly, in the first few days after Caleb disappeared, when the wider environs around The Cottages was being meticulously grid searched by LE, including cadets, there was another "witness" who claimed to have caught something relevant on camera. I don't remember whether it was phone video or footage from some other kind of device, but I do remember watching a Corpus Christi news story about the case and seeing him approaching uniformed LE during the broadcast.

IMO, sometimes people have evidence, sometimes people imagine evidence they think they have, and sometimes people have no evidence at all but want to be in the story. Caleb's case lends itself to all three possibilities, I think.

I'll try to dig up that piece, which I think may was on a local Corpus Christi TV station and may have been the first to include Caleb's dad.

It seems eons ago, now.

Large rewards can bring out crazy “tips”, I guess people hope their crazy tip somehow pans out and they get money.
My personal opinion is rewards aren’t as useful as many think they are. I’d love to see stats on how productive rewards are.

Large rewards can bring out crazy “tips”, I guess people hope their crazy tip somehow pans out and they get money.
My personal opinion is rewards aren’t as useful as many think they are. I’d love to see stats on how productive rewards are.
When families are so desperate, they throw everything they have into finding their loved one.....just hoping something will work. Even though rewards aren't usually helpful the families want to put the money out there just in case it does bring results. I'd do the same thing.

Unfortunately in the Jason Landry case the circumstances aren't that unusual.
You can find several other threads on these forums of people who mysteriously vanish after a car accident - even accidents where it is assumed the injuries might be quite minor. There must be something we just don't yet understand about traumatic injuries that sends these people off into nowhere land.
Shane Fell.

I love how big the volunteer turnouts were for Caleb. So many of our young men dying or disappearing, it's almost unbelievable. The only thing that makes any sense to me on what must've happened (MOO) was that he walked up to a car that he thought was the Uber Eats driver, instead it was a drug dealer about to make a delivery or a buy to/from another resident or a would be burglar casing the apartment complex. He, she or they panicked that Caleb could identify them and so forced him into their car.

I love how big the volunteer turnouts were for Caleb. So many of our young men dying or disappearing, it's almost unbelievable. The only thing that makes any sense to me on what must've happened (MOO) was that he walked up to a car that he thought was the Uber Eats driver, instead it was a drug dealer about to make a delivery or a buy to/from another resident or a would be burglar casing the apartment complex. He, she or they panicked that Caleb could identify them and so forced him into their car.
It’s possible. I once read about someone killed because they accidentally happened upon a big drug deal in the woods.
But in this case wouldn’t they have found a way out, like saying they were just looking for a friend? How would Caleb get so many details that they’d have to kill him? Just trying to understand. Plus Caleb seemed young and cool, would they think he’d run straight to the police?

I do remember a case in the 1980s [the Missouri missing case of Ann Harrison ] where a 15 year old girl was waiting outside her own home for the school bus and vanished without a trace, leaving her books neatly piled on the ground.

It turned out 2 criminals passing by in a stolen car saw her, and decided on impulse to ask her for directions [a ruse] , grabbed her, then raped and murdered her as a witness.

But with a male it would seem less likely. Possible but not probable.

Last edited:
I was listening to a radio show a few days ago. One of the guests was a former FBI agent turned security analyst, who has written a book about serial killer truck drivers.

Got me thinking about Caleb…..

He was a clean living, upstanding young man who attended and graduated from a Christian high school with his roommates, not involved in the usual campus hijinks of drinking or drugs. If he saw something, he most likely would have called the police. Another thing I wanted to mention earlier; I always taught my daughter never ever to dawdle in a parking lot, be it day or night but never told my son. That was decades ago. With grandchildren of both sexes now, I tell them ALL not to mess around in parking lots. Times have changed, it's not just girls we have to worry about, it's our boys too.

I was listening to a radio show a few days ago. One of the guests was a former FBI agent turned security analyst, who has written a book about serial killer truck drivers.

Got me thinking about Caleb…..
Totally plausible theory if Caleb did venture out to the store where he ordered the Uber-eats from, but a delivery truck would definitely have stood out (or been caught on SPID cameras) if it had entered the area of The Cottages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay