TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They did search all the empty apartments and talked to the residents.They went door to door

I thought I read upthread that Caleb's father said that there is a friend living in the same complex, who reported that LE never came to his apartment and did not question him.

I'm not sure how going door to door to talk to residents is the same as clearing the apartments. If there was a crime scene or evidence inside one of those apartments, those actions would not have discovered it. We would have heard about multiple search warrants being served (and it is unlikely there would have been enough probable cause to get warrants). So, at best, empty apartments and apartments with residents who consented to a search have been searched. The rest? Can't be claimed to be cleared, in my opinion.

Even walking through the apartments is not a guarantee. There was a horrible case where LE walked through a perp's apartment and they saw nothing suspicious. The little girl's body was stuffed in a laundry basket right in the open.

All just MOO.

I thought I read upthread that Caleb's father said that there is a friend living in the same complex, who reported that LE never came to his apartment and did not question him.

I'm not sure how going door to door to talk to residents is the same as clearing the apartments. If there was a crime scene or evidence inside one of those apartments, those actions would not have discovered it. We would have heard about multiple search warrants being served (and it is unlikely there would have been enough probable cause to get warrants). So, at best, empty apartments and apartments with residents who consented to a search have been searched. The rest? Can't be claimed to be cleared, in my opinion.

Even walking through the apartments is not a guarantee. There was a horrible case where LE walked through a perp's apartment and they saw nothing suspicious. The little girl's body was stuffed in a laundry basket right in the open.

All just MOO.
Obviously LE does not catch everyone at home in the initial door knock attempt through out a neighborhood. I'm sure they would've talked to him at some point. They usually spend several days talking to people. They may have a lot of ring doorbell video also. Most people were probably sleeping since it was in the middle of the night and Monday was a work day and classes were in session.
In THIS case I believe they have evidence that he was not in his apartment complex when he went missing. And there seems to be no reason that we know of right now for LE seek a warrant to search any specific apartment.
Walking through a dwelling will not allow LE to seize evidence.It may give them probable cause to get a search warrant if they see something suspicious.

The canvas of the apt complex was discussed during this Coffindafer interview, and you can see Coffindafer’s reaction for yourself.

Timestamp for pertinent info: 51:30

Last edited:
Just following up on above post:
@Angelcat13
For example, if law enforcement had any evidence as you suggest above that he may have been incapacitated or killed in one of the apartments, wouldn’t they have a suspect under arrest at this point?
They would've had the apartment cordoned off and had a team of evidence technicians working inside.

That has not happened. LE may not know where the crime scene is yet, but it's away from the apartments apparently.

There was a case in the UK similar to that: The apartment was walked through by police, but the victim’s body hidden in it was missed until a much later date.

SBM
Do you think they deducted that from phone pings?

Not asking me lol, and just my opinion. I think they don't have much faith in the last phone ping. I think there is something that hasn't been released that the roommates might know. Or something that seemed odd which led them to call police pretty fast.
If he was planning on meeting someone or a random at a specified location, that has been speculated a bit in this case maybe that is why they think it is outside of complex if they really do believe that.

Not asking me lol, and just my opinion. I think they don't have much faith in the last phone ping. I think there is something that hasn't been released that the roommates might know. Or something that seemed odd which led them to call police pretty fast.
If he was planning on meeting someone or a random at a specified location, that has been speculated a bit in this case maybe that is why they think it is outside of complex if they really do believe that.
Seems the most plausible explanation at present, definitely.

Seems the most plausible explanation at present, definitely.
Just bringing my own response forward to add to it:

The roommates may have said, We are pretty sure he was meeting a person at X location, and never returned. So this would have the cops looking beyond any random accident or incident at the complex.

Is this what you meant, @|lighthouse| ?

Just bringing my own response forward to add to it:

The roommates may have said, We are pretty sure he was meeting a person at X location, and never returned. So this would have the cops looking beyond any random accident or incident at the complex.

Is this what you meant, @|lighthouse| ?
I'm not sure, that is one possibility for sure. If we believe that account it was mentioning to meet at a place about an hour or so before he went missing. But I think there may have been an idea about him leaving at night, maybe they knew he would do that? Or there was something in the apartment from him after dropping off Jenny? Maybe it was a mess, or a note, or i dont know anything out of character I guess. Leading them to call police ASAP.

I understand the late night activities and doing stuff, people have different schedules. College kids people who work nightlife etc. So i get getting things done at night.
The UberEats i think is a little odd still though. Yes I know that it was "normal" for him, but if it was for the next day midday you could knock that out anytime before then with a few clicks with a contactless delivery. When his normal store was open, and delivery fees are cheaper and its quicker in the morning etc

Why at 2-3am? Other then he was just being proactive, but that still strikes me as a little odd. Does it give him a cover to maybe leave and enter the apartment at night to not make his roommates wonder about it? Cause oh its just caleb getting his late night uber eats? so they dont think much of him maybe leaving and coming at night?
It's just more expensive, longer, less convenient to do that at that time normally. Not efficient or practical IMO.

Last edited:
I'm not sure, that is one possibility for sure. If we believe that account it was mentioning to meet at a place about an hour or so before he went missing. But I think there may have been an idea about him leaving at night, maybe they knew he would do that? Or there was something in the apartment from him after dropping off Jenny? Maybe it was a mess, or a note, or i dont know anything out of character I guess. Leading them to call police ASAP.

I understand the late night activities and doing stuff, people have different schedules. College kids people who work nightlife etc. So i get getting things done at night.
The UberEats i think is a little odd still though. Yes I know that it was "normal" for him, but if it was for the next day midday you could knock that out anytime before then with a few clicks with a contactless delivery. When his normal store was open, and delivery fees are cheaper and its quicker in the morning etc

Why at 2-3am? Other then he was just being proactive, but that still strikes me as a little odd. Does it give him a cover to maybe leave and enter the apartment at night to not make his roommates wonder about it? Cause oh its just caleb getting his late night uber eats? so they dont think much of him maybe leaving and coming at night?
It's just more expensive, longer, less convenient to do that at that time normally. Not efficient or practical IMO.
I agree: the UberEats order always struck me as a kind of cover, as in I may pop out because I’ve got an order coming…just the way it initially came across.

And as you note, just not very practical.

Maybe the late time is because someone was out at a bar, hoped to get lucky, did not, and then looked on line for a hook up.
Or someone works a late shift and wants a little action after work.

This is likely way of base, but would like to mention the idea as I don’t remember seeing it posted.

I am curious if there is any significant gang activity in the area. For one, MS 13 is a particularly brutal gang and has been known to require prospective members to commit a murder to be considered for membership.

A gang member could have lured him with the Reddit post or just come upon him randomly.

I don’t think it’s most likely, just one of many possibilities :(

“At least one faction of MS-13 – the Fulton clique in Los Angeles – has required prospective members to commit a murder in order to be considered for full-fledged membership.“

They also commit murder for retribution— I don’t see how they could have anything against Caleb personally, though. Homeland Security was involved in the investigation below I don’t think they are involved in Caleb’s case

“This woman knowingly lured an innocent man to be murdered by five MS-13 gang members in the most brutal and depraved manner that you could imagine sending shockwaves and fear throughout the Houston community," Robert Kurtz, acting special agent in charge, said.”

Last edited:
This is likely way of base, but would like to mention the idea as I don’t remember seeing it posted.

I am curious if there is any significant gang activity in the area. For one, MS 13 is a particularly brutal gang and has been known to require prospective members to commit a murder to be considered for membership.

A gang member could have lured him with the Reddit post or just come upon him randomly.

I don’t think it’s most likely, just one of many possibilities :(

“At least one faction of MS-13 – the Fulton clique in Los Angeles – has required prospective members to commit a murder in order to be considered for full-fledged membership.“

They also commit murder for retribution— I don’t see how they could have anything against Caleb personally, though. Homeland Security was involved in the investigation below I don’t think they are involved in Caleb’s case

“This woman knowingly lured an innocent man to be murdered by five MS-13 gang members in the most brutal and depraved manner that you could imagine sending shockwaves and fear throughout the Houston community," Robert Kurtz, acting special agent in charge, said.”
A murder of a random person where the body is not found does not sound like a gang initiation ritual.

So it sounds like in a gang killing, you would expect the body to be easily found, perhaps as a message / warning to others?
Yes, if the point of a random killing is to prove you killed somebody you’d leave the body in plain sight even if the victim was removed from the area for the killing. That’s just my opinion, but you generally see hidden bodies when there is a connection between the victim and the killer (even if the connection is only DNA which would not likely transfer in a gang killing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr