TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
yikes. I hope he didn't cut across the field and fell in, but he was barefoot correct? Why walk across a field at 3 am barefoot? Where would he go?
What if he were RUNNING across that field—afraid and not paying attention, just anxious to reach the apartment complex? Hook up gone bad, running, stumble into open manhole….MOO. This one haunts me.

All IMHO
Caleb took a photo / Snapchat at the bridge outside his apartment complex and in all likelihood wandered / meandered a few hundred feet away within the next 5 to 10 minutes down Ennis Joslin Road and within a few feet of the road he stumbled into an open / UNCOVERED manhole on an extremely foggy night.
The open manhole(s) are/were basically located at the end of his own apartment complex across Ennis Joslin and VERY close to the road.
It’s the SIMPLEST EXPLANATION.
Caleb didn’t wander across a field.
He didn’t meet with foul play.
He had a very uncanny freak accident.
Yes, the hole was big enough for him to fully fall into.
It happened so quickly and unexpectedly that he couldn’t even grab the metal ladder bars built into the side of the manhole to stop his fall.
His bones (and likely little else than bones) are found at the pumping station/ wastewater treatment station where the manhole pipe he fell into directly flows.
It’s horrific yet quite simple.

As far as taking 6 weeks to identify his bones- I think everyone knows they are his including the forensic experts at NTSU. They must be carefully and respectfully reconstructing his skeleton to the best of their meticulous abilities as the city of CC and their attorneys and insurers brace for the fallout from this uncanny freak accident and take measures to assure it won’t ever happen to anyone else in the future.

If that is what happened, it's hard to understand how.

If workers left the manhole uncovered, that would be a ridiculous mistake to make. Now, I am not claiming to be perfect and never make mistakes. But wouldn't they have needed to put up red and white barriers around the site while working, and close up the site at the end of the day, closing the hole and then taking down the barriers, and this would mean they didn't do any of that? JMO. Maybe I'm making assumptions?

Or if pranksters uncovered it, how easy is it to open such a large manhole? Then I guess someone discovered it was open quickly after Caleb went missing, and it would have been a priority for authorities to look into this possibility. But I guess bodies do get missed.

If workers left the manhole uncovered, that would be a ridiculous mistake to make. Now, I am not claiming to be perfect and never make mistakes. But wouldn't they have needed to put up red and white barriers around the site while working, and close up the site at the end of the day, closing the hole and then taking down the barriers, and this would mean they didn't do any of that? JMO. Maybe I'm making assumptions?

Or if pranksters uncovered it, how easy is it to open such a large manhole? Then I guess someone discovered it was open quickly after Caleb went missing, and it would have been a priority for authorities to look into this possibility. But I guess bodies do get missed.
The only thing I can think of is that workers, tired at the end of a shift, got confused as to who was covering it back up and forgot. [ many many years ago there was a big ferry going across a channel in England, and the workers forgot to latch the door where people parked their cars to ferry across— and there was a terrible sinking accident with cars spilling out, and deaths. I mention this to show how human error can happen in cases where you would assume it just wouldn’t.]

I was recently at a burial in our local cemetery and there was an open grave behind the one which I was attending, with a piece of warped plywood, half covering it. The cemetery crew had opened it up for a committal service, and then there was bad weather, so the service was postponed, and had not yet been rescheduled and the person I was talking to from the vault company said it has been like that for a couple months. Things do happen, unfortunately, that can cause injury or harm, not intended either due to staff shortages, general failure to inspect, or vandalism. You always have to be aware of your surroundings.

I was recently at a burial in our local cemetery and there was an open grave behind the one which I was attending, with a piece of warped plywood, half covering it. The cemetery crew had opened it up for a committal service, and then there was bad weather, so the service was postponed, and had not yet been rescheduled and the person I was talking to from the vault company said it has been like that for a couple months. Things do happen, unfortunately, that can cause injury or harm, not intended either due to staff shortages, general failure to inspect, or vandalism. You always have to be aware of your surroundings.
Yeah, but wasn't the pump station fenced off? It's a bigger deal when an open hole is left where people are allowed to walk.
I can't think of a reason why someone would try breaking into a pump station (minus hiding a body).

The Gray Hughes video posted yesterday said there is video evidence of the manhole cover being OFF back in April.

I 100% agree with Marie A, a tragic accident happened.

I think if there were another party involved in Caleb’s disappearance, the 4+ agencies investigating would have found some evidence of that in the four(?) months since he’s gone missing.

Yes, another sad example.

The Gray Hughes video posted yesterday said there is video evidence of the manhole cover being OFF back in April.

I 100% agree with Marie A, a tragic accident happened.

I think if there were another party involved in Caleb’s disappearance, the 4+ agencies investigating would have found some evidence of that in the four(?) months since he’s gone missing.
Agree that those facts tip towards accident. And why law enforcement called the case “baffling”.

Yeah, but wasn't the pump station fenced off? It's a bigger deal when an open hole is left where people are allowed to walk.
I can't think of a reason why someone would try breaking into a pump station (minus hiding a body).
The manhole(s) that were uncovered weren’t fenced off.
They were very close to Ennis Joslin Road where C made his last Snapchat photo at the bridge and very close to his complex.
The manhole pipe fed into the pumping station across the field,
I think he fell in a manhole which had been reported uncovered and was large enough for him to fall down 40 feet into water.
IMHO

Agree that those facts tip towards accident. And why law enforcement called the case “baffling”.
Except that LE has stated that they DO suspect foul play and it is a digital investigation currently. With word that they do have current areas in the case they are working.

With the amount of resources used in this case I would think there is some avenue they were looking at. I hope that this isn't written off as a freak accident, until we have identification and the full story of what all we know and if it indeed was may Caleb and his family find peace.

Except that LE has stated that they DO suspect foul play and it is a digital investigation currently. With word that they do have current areas in the case they are working.

With the amount of resources used in this case I would think there is some avenue they were looking at. I hope that this isn't written off as a freak accident, until we have identification and the full story of what all we know and if it indeed was may Caleb and his family find peace.
Well, you definitely make a legitimate point. Investigators did indeed say that they believe he met with foul play. And that statement made when it was fell under the purview of FBI, US Marshalls, and Texas Rangers.

And no, it certainly should not be written off as a misadventure and accident without completing a meticulous investigation which includes digital forensics.

Last edited:
It wonder if the manhole that was seen open in April was one that can be easily opened by an unauthorized person, just by lifting the heavy cover, with the right tool (as in, not bolted down).

Maybe it was opened by a vandal. Or, does that area get flooded in a storm? Maybe some average Joe thought they were doing a good deed by letting the floodwater drain into the manhole. Then created a danger by not re-covering the opening.

Caleb Harris talk starts at 8:00 minute mark. From last night. Jen Coffindaffer has previously spoken with LE involved with this investigation and multiple interviews with Randy Harris and family.

Seems to indicate remains are very badly decomposed. She gives her deeper interpretation on some aspects. I found it interesting, no new news however.

Yes, completely agree with Marie A - and when you look at google maps you can actually see the uncovered manhole just off the sidewalk off Ennis Joslin. When someone posted that on the Caleb Harris FB page, it all fell into place for me (IMOO of course, and no pun intended)

If I remember correctly, the K9 dogs tracking Caleb stopped at EJ as well, and the dad therefore stated early on they (LE and the family) believed he got in a car. Which was a fair assumption, as was the statement that foul play was likely involved. Now I don't think they are still fully confident foul play was involved, but I am very glad they are still investigating to get clear answers for his family.

If this is indeed Caleb, imoo it is, it is such a complete shame. One singular misstep on a foggy night, and that was it. Cruel, unimaginable.

If I remember correctly, the K9 dogs tracking Caleb stopped at EJ as well, and the dad therefore stated early on they (LE and the family) believed he got in a car. Which was a fair assumption, as was the statement that foul play was likely involved. Now I don't think they are still fully confident foul play was involved, but I am very glad they are still investigating to get clear answers for his family.
SBM
Interesting. The idea that he got into a car being replaced with falling into a manhole, would shift theorizing from foul play to accident. It was extremely foggy that night….

SBM
Interesting. The idea that he got into a car being replaced with falling into a manhole, would shift theorizing from foul play to accident. It was extremely foggy that night….
Yes, but for the theory of an accident to work, you would need explain WHAT he would be doing walking in that area at 3 in the morning? Shoeless no less? If you can make that make sense, please share because I've exhausted all efforts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rzoof
Back