WA WA - Seraya Aung Harmon, 2, Pullman, 29 May 2024 *father and daughter went on a fishing trip in Montana but did not return* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thanks. What I would assume to be the case. But not just on the west coast, right?
I mentioned the west coast specifically because there has been a very strong Asian influence in BC. Vancouver had to recently make laws stopping Asian corporations from buying all the Vancouver real estate because local citizens were not able to afford or buy property.

I mentioned the west coast specifically because there has been a very strong Asian influence in BC. Vancouver had to recently make laws stopping Asian corporations from buying all the Vancouver real estate because local citizens were not able to afford or buy property.
Your comment about property reminds me that the Aungs run a contracting business, right? Interviewing people who have worked for them might give clues where they are staying. Did they work on a project that didn't since sell, for example? Maybe that is too obvious, but worth looking into the Aung projects.

I'm still thinking they are nearby.

jmo

edited to add. if not nearby, I think they are somewhere in USA near an Aung family member (if they have extended family, idk)

If the Aungs were involved in helping Aaron relocate with Seraya does it make sense that they would agree to someplace far away like Mexico or even Canada? That effectively cuts them off from seeing both their son and their granddaughter, at least until LE no longer tracks their travels.

I’m not sure the Aungs would trade seeing Seraya fifty percent of the time for possibly not seeing her for months or even years. It seems like so little of this case connects any dots. What are we missing?

To be clear I suspect the Aungs are involved, I’m just questioning how far away they would help hide Seraya.
All MOO

If the Aungs were involved in helping Aaron relocate with Seraya does it make sense that they would agree to someplace far away like Mexico or even Canada? That effectively cuts them off from seeing both their son and their granddaughter, at least until LE no longer tracks their travels.

I’m not sure the Aungs would trade seeing Seraya fifty percent of the time for possibly not seeing her for months or even years. It seems like so little of this case connects any dots. What are we missing?

To be clear I suspect the Aungs are involved, I’m just questioning how far away they would help hide Seraya.
All MOO
I also suspect the Aungs are involved but 2nd guess that when I remember the FBI is also involved.
If the Aungs were involved, after 4+ weeks of this investigation LE would already know exactly how, and likely would have arrested them by now for their part in this felony as well as located their son, NC and the baby.

Of course cases can drag out for months and years without an arrest but that's almost always when a huge part of the puzzle is also missing from LE. The Aungs aren't criminal masterminds (and neither are AA or NC) hiding anything from LE, so that makes me think that part of what's missing is that they aren't as involved as I'd guess most of us assumed. Maybe.

Honestly, Canada seems like a stretch as well. I've seen it suggested in countless 'missing' threads that someone might have taken off to Canada. In almost every single case, they never took off to Canada. Off the top of my head I can't even recall a case where someone actually did flee to Canada, but I'm sure it's happened. I think actor Randy McQuaid did something like that years ago.

jmo
Every time I cross the border into Canada, I need to show ID and it is checked (because I have had a passenger refused entry due to a DWI conviction in the US). And your plate is also read at every official border crossing.

Even at "remote" crossings and usually at marina's there is a video check in.

Canada is not a third world country where it is easy to hide out.

I also suspect the Aungs are involved but 2nd guess that when I remember the FBI is also involved.
If the Aungs were involved, after 4+ weeks of this investigation LE would already know exactly how, and likely would have arrested them by now for their part in this felony as well as located their son, NC and the baby.

Of course cases can drag out for months and years without an arrest but that's almost always when a huge part of the puzzle is also missing from LE. The Aungs aren't criminal masterminds (and neither are AA or NC) hiding anything from LE, so that makes me think that part of what's missing is that they aren't as involved as I'd guess most of us assumed. Maybe.
It sure would help IMO if we knew what probable cause was presented in order to secure the search warrant on the Aungs’ house. But I guess we won’t know unless charges are brought or Aaron goes to trial.

In the meantime I’ll ask the reverse question: Would Aaron be okay with effectively cutting his parents out of his and Seraya’s lives by running off to another country?

Perhaps he was done with their interference and so was fine with going far away? Or believes LE and the FBI will slow down the search enough for him to sneak back to Idaho? Sigh. Too many missing puzzle pieces IMO. I don’t really care much about Aaron and Nadia since they’re adults and can take care of themselves.

Seraya’s wellbeing is the top priority. Can the adults provide her with the best care possible? Health, emotional, environmental? Are they keeping her safe? Happy? I have my doubts. JMO

Honestly, Canada seems like a stretch as well. I've seen it suggested in countless 'missing' threads that someone might have taken off to Canada. In almost every single case, they never took off to Canada. Off the top of my head I can't even recall a case where someone actually did flee to Canada, but I'm sure it's happened. I think actor Randy McQuaid did something like that years ago.

jmo
Sure they wouldn't stick out here, but I don't think it's that easy to come to Canada - how easy is it to get a fake passport? And they'd have to say why they were coming here. Just for vacation? Where are you staying, they may ask the address, and for how long?

You'd think they'd be able to check for any passport combinations that match the three traveling together? Maybe?

Plus then they arrive here and how would they get a job if they needed one? Maybe he had lots saved up if he was living at home, but will it last forever? It's 2024, not many places will pay you cash under the table. They wouldn't be able to direct deposit into a US bank account, only Canadian etc.

Sure they wouldn't stick out here, but I don't think it's that easy to come to Canada - how easy is it to get a fake passport? And they'd have to say why they were coming here. Just for vacation? Where are you staying, they may ask the address, and for how long?

You'd think they'd be able to check for any passport combinations that match the three traveling together? Maybe?

Plus then they arrive here and how would they get a job if they needed one? Maybe he had lots saved up if he was living at home, but will it last forever? It's 2024, not many places will pay you cash under the table. They wouldn't be able to direct deposit into a US bank account, only Canadian etc.
Plus, no matter how lax a particular crossing into Canada is, bringing a child along is the game changer. At the least they’d need to show a birth certificate for Seraya. Even boarding the train to Vancouver means inspection. Same with the ferry.

Maybe obtaining a fake passport isn’t impossible but it’s not easy either. Because more countries now scan the passport and some even require taking a finger or thumb print the most foolproof document is a legitimate one using a stolen identity. Which takes time even when you pay extra to expedite. Meaning at least several weeks planning.

And in this case they’d need 3 fakes. Not easy.
MOO

Didn't he propose to Nadia in Chicago because that is where she hopes to live?
I don't recall the Chicago connection, but it's making wonder if she wanted to attend University of Chicago law school, and that makes me wonder if she will still show up for her LSAT exam in August that her father mentioned she planned to do? If so, she would've had to register by now.

I don't recall the Chicago connection, but it's making wonder if she wanted to attend University of Chicago law school, and that makes me wonder if she will still show up for her LSAT exam in August that her father mentioned she planned to do? If so, she would've had to register by now.
And be studying and preparing...

As far as Canda being a place to hide - wouldn't it be more expensive than Mexico or the US? If there was Aung family or friends there, I would think the FBI would know. Also, everyone is talking about the ease of blending in a as young family in a Candian city, but what about ID technology with hospitals, driving, public transportation, and so on.

Every time I cross the border into Canada, I need to show ID and it is checked (because I have had a passenger refused entry due to a DWI conviction in the US). And your plate is also read at every official border crossing.

Even at "remote" crossings and usually at marina's there is a video check in.

Canada is not a third world country where it is easy to hide out.
Exactly. If they crossed into Canada, we’d know that the car came through.

If they chose a more secretive route then maybe they are here but I don’t think so

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahtnamaS_06
Back