TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray Hughes has released another update— I will not post the link. Encourage caution before watching and I don’t know how reliable his sources are? But interesting, nonetheless.

I don't usually watch him but he got right to the point. Very disturbing but also quite possible. A fluke - the many accidents of summer and warm weather and ordinary negligence. If Gray's theory is correct, I wonder if the people responsible will ever face any consequences. At least...firing.

I don't usually watch him but he got right to the point. Very disturbing but also quite possible. A fluke - the many accidents of summer and warm weather and ordinary negligence. If Gray's theory is correct, I wonder if the people responsible will ever face any consequences. At least...firing.
I think his latest theory involves interpreting a photo, and that is very problematic. What he thinks he sees in that photo, may in no way correlate to what was actually there. For example, think of a scarecrow - from a distance, with a light shining on it, you think it is a man, but really it is just a man's clothing.

JMO

Questions I have regarding the open manhole in the field:

In order for Caleb to get there, he’d be crossing a big divided roadway (Ennis Joslin Rd), isn’t that right? And the field would be lumpy and full of poky or squishy things I’d think—not the kind of ground one would like to go barefoot on. And even crossing Ennis Joslin Rd in heavy fog would not be wise, imo, since cars may not see you until right upon you. What made him go there?

Looking at Google Earth: yes the bridge he was taking pictures of is really close to the manhole and yes it was foggy.
BUT he was barefoot and the manhole is in the field away from the pavement.
IMO no matter how foggy it is, if one is barefoot and walking on a paved walkway, one would definitely immediately realize if he had put a foot on the uneven surface of a dirt field and immediately step back onto the paved area instead of wandering another few feet into the field.
And honestly, if he was able to get to the bridge and take a pic of it, there must have been some decent visibility.
I am not sure I believe that he fell into the manhole accidentally, however I also don't have enough to believe it was foul play.

The other major question remains: why was he out there barefoot in the middle of the night?
- the dog had already been out and Caleb had already returned the dog inside
- IIRC he had given instruction to the Uber Eats driver to leave the food at his doorstep (can't remember where I read this though), so if this is true he had no reason to go and wait outside for it
- If he had a hookup with someone LE would find out from his cell phone/computer (not sure what they found so far). This remains in my mind the most likely scenario.
And just to be clear, hooking up with people is not a crime and it's not shameful. No judgement here. In this case it's just a possible element of the story that would put one at risk.

I'm probably mistaken, but I thought Gray Hughes said yesterday that the manhole was approximately 15" in diameter. Is that correct?

I'm not sure where he got this information, but he theorized that a body could have gotten wedged on the way down, and during decomposition, the body fell to the bottom of the sewer.

It sounded logical to me but I don't know if his information is factual or not (?)
A diameter of 15" is a little small for a manhole, bu there are some manufactured. Most are 2'-0 +/- in diameter. This link is an excerpt from a well known foundry that has made manhole covers for many years. Neenah Foundry Catalog Excerpt

Please continue the discussion on Thread #4.

Remember, content released or provided by an approved source is allowed to be linked and discussed here. The exception to this is if said content violates a Websleuths rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member