TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
For CC locals- do people really walk on these streets (Rodfield, Ennis Johnson)? They look so car oriented- wide, empty- I could see a bicycle on the side walk, but they just look not-pedestrian friendly- too wide, too hot, etc. Do college students walk on them? Thanks.
Don’t know the answer as I’m not from the area, but I’m thinking the lateness of the hour would make a difference.

The location of the last ping is not clear. This interview by Jennifer Coffindaffer and CH's family discusses this. It's at the 34 minute 50 seconds mark.

He stated they did not know the location of that last ping. However, it is interesting that he did say one of the locations considered as a result of triangulations was near the pain management area. Guess what? That is very near Rodd Field Rd, which is the road CH was walking down when picked up on surveillance camera (per GH Youtube).

This is just thinking out loud since none of it (last ping location, surveillance footage) has been confirmed by LE.

I'm very iffy. The rumors yesterday were confirmed by that friend of the family, but I haven't seen anything to confirm the surveillance footage. I respect true crime journalists a lot, and feel they genuinely get leads LE doesn't or flat out ignores, but I've been very iffy about posting here about this case because of the blurriness.
I don't consider GH a journalist. I'm surprised he's an accepted source here. His info is incorrect often enough that I don't consider him reliable, and he exaggerates and sensationalizes things that sometimes end up being irrelevant.

If there is so-called surveillance footage of CH walking past the bank, I wish someone would address the barefoot issue. I know we’ve discussed it many times, but looking at the fields along the waterway (next to lift station) and road by the bank, I just can’t imagine anyone in their right mind going on a middle of the night jaunt barefoot across that ground and all the way over to where the bank is on foot. In distress, maybe. Really drunk, maybe.

I spend a lot of time barefoot but I just couldn’t see risking slicing my foot open on a broken bottle in the dark on a long 3am walk.

Maybe it seems silly and a minor point, but something about that scenario doesn’t add up. Either he had shoes on. There is no evidence he was over by the bank. Or he wasn’t thinking clearly or was distressed. I don’t necessarily feel it was the latter. JMO

If there is so-called surveillance footage of CH walking past the bank, I wish someone would address the barefoot issue. I know we’ve discussed it many times, but looking at the fields along the waterway (next to lift station) and road by the bank, I just can’t imagine anyone in their right mind going on a middle of the night jaunt barefoot across that ground and all the way over to where the bank is on foot. In distress, maybe. Really drunk, maybe.

I spend a lot of time barefoot but I just couldn’t see risking slicing my foot open on a broken bottle in the dark on a long 3am walk.

Maybe it seems silly and a minor point, but something about that scenario doesn’t add up. Either he had shoes on. There is no evidence he was over by the bank. Or he wasn’t thinking clearly or was distressed. I don’t necessarily feel it was the latter. JMO
Either he had an extra pair of flip flops or slides, or was intoxicated, maybe, and not clear-headed. All I can think of. That is, if the footage is legitimate as GHI assumes it is.

For CC locals- do people really walk on these streets (Rodfield, Ennis Johnson)? They look so car oriented- wide, empty- I could see a bicycle on the side walk, but they just look not-pedestrian friendly- too wide, too hot, etc. Do college students walk on them? Thanks.
Not local but I spend about a week each month there. Corpus is not walkable - it's hot, it has virtually no shade trees.

I think it could honestly be something as simple as Caleb was on shrooms and wanted to feel the grass on his feet, maybe he thought it felt/looked cool. People do weird stuff on shrooms, normally pretty wholesome stuff though. Also would explain the 3am dog walk - you’d wanna make the most out of your experience, and often people love being outside on shrooms. If he was on shrooms the dosage information would be very telling, a micro dose might only have an insignificant effect especially after a few hours. Moo.

I think it could honestly be something as simple as Caleb was on shrooms and wanted to feel the grass on his feet, maybe he thought it felt/looked cool. People do weird stuff on shrooms, normally pretty wholesome stuff though. Also would explain the 3am dog walk - you’d wanna make the most out of your experience, and often people love being outside on shrooms. If he was on shrooms the dosage information would be very telling, a micro dose might only have an insignificant effect especially after a few hours. Moo.
I think you are spot on with your description of what might have happened.
The “no shoes” has never made sense to me but if shrooms were involved then I can understand he might have wanted to feel the grass under his feet like you mentioned. I’ve never had shrooms but I seen plenty of people on them over the years.
I hope this was an accident while high and not murder.

The “no shoes” has never made sense to me but if shrooms were involved then I can understand he might have wanted to feel the grass under his feet like you mentioned. I’ve never had shrooms but I seen plenty of people on them over the years.
I forgot to mention why the “no shoes” stood out to me. I’ve lived near the gulf coast area in Texas all my life and I never walk outside without shoes on.

We have a lot of creepy crawly creatures like big spiders, flying roaches and fire ants. They love the high humidity here along with a huge variety of snakes. I’ve seen 4 snakes already this year in my yard. So I have a hard time understanding why someone would willingly walk barefoot outside in Texas. Especially in a corn field in the middle of the night.

I forgot to mention why the “no shoes” stood out to me. I’ve lived near the gulf coast area in Texas all my life and I never walk outside without shoes on.

We have a lot of creepy crawly creatures like big spiders, flying roaches and fire ants. They love the high humidity here along with a huge variety of snakes. I’ve seen 4 snakes already this year in my yard. So I have a hard time understanding why someone would willingly walk barefoot outside in Texas. Especially in a corn field in the middle of the night.
Could he have worn someone else's shoes? When I take my dog out, i will throw on whatever shoes are by the door as long as I can get my feet in them.

Could he have worn someone else's shoes? When I take my dog out, i will throw on whatever shoes are by the door as long as I can get my feet in them.
@JenniferTx , I appreciate your view as a local, because some others here have said it is a beach town, so no shoes is not unusual. It seemed maybe not too unusual for him to be barefoot within his apt complex grounds, but walking around outside through fields and beyond sounds odd to me.

@shetalksinstereo , heh, I often do that, too.

I seem to recall Caleb’s dad saying Caleb is barefoot in the doorbell video and also in the Snapchat video he sent to his sister walking the dog, but I sure couldn’t see his feet to be able to tell.

I wonder if he had on flip-flops. How would anyone know he was barefoot? His roommates might have seen him slip on flip-flops, assumed he only had one pair shoes?

and the stickers!

Still such a tall order, to get a shroomed-out Caleb from somewhere in the middle of a plowed-under cornfield, down a manhole and drifting along in a 15-inch-diameter intake pipe, through the small filter screen at the bottom of the 40-foot-deep lift station and up into the wet well chamber, where his body then languishes undetected for more than four months because, for some reason, it is unable to pass through the 18-inch-diameter outbound pipe. The array of things that need to happen to make any of this feasible simply beggar belief, IMO. Not to mention there is no LE confirmation of any of it.

While waiting for identification of the remains, I've been contemplating various elements of this case and I'm struck by how far-fetched some of them are, how strikingly improbable. I'm going to try to build a list of them in another post, just for what the hey.

I don't consider GH a journalist. I'm surprised he's an accepted source here. His info is incorrect often enough that I don't consider him reliable, and he exaggerates and sensationalizes things that sometimes end up being irrelevant.
I agree with this. Not to downplay what he does because it is a genre "YouTube true crime podcast/vlog" or pick your word but he isn't a journalist.

Still such a tall order, to get a shroomed-out Caleb from somewhere in the middle of a plowed-under cornfield, down a manhole and drifting along in a 15-inch-diameter intake pipe, through the small filter screen at the bottom of the 40-foot-deep lift station and up into the wet well chamber, where his body then languishes undetected for more than four months because, for some reason, it is unable to pass through the 18-inch-diameter outbound pipe. The array of things that need to happen to make any of this feasible simply beggar belief, IMO. Not to mention there is no LE confirmation of any of it.

While waiting for identification of the remains, I've been contemplating various elements of this case and I'm struck by how far-fetched some of them are, how strikingly improbable. I'm going to try to build a list of them in another post, just for what the hey.
Do you feel the remains are likely to be his? Or unlikely?

Do you feel the remains are likely to be his? Or unlikely?
Sincerely not cheating, but 50/50. I mean, it  feels obvious to me that they are, but that also means, IMO, they were put there, didn't flow there, and that's me remaining completely stuck in my lane, entrenched in fact, where all along I've believed that Caleb's life ended at the hands of another.

Killers see graves where others never would.

As an aside, I'm aware that tropical storm Beryl is set to hit Corpus Christi tomorrow, bringing storm surges. If I'm recalling correctly, it seemed possible to some that heavy rainfall the weekend before the remains were discovered may have caused some kind of backwash or heavy water flow in the system. That might be the only way I can imagine those remains ended up where they did without human involvement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrCharmichael
Back