TX TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Manhole (1).jpg

This picture might help. The inner rim of that metal collar is where the manhole cover would sit. The collar itself sits on top of the person-sized poured-concrete tube. IMO, Asst. Chief Green may have meant the entire collar had been broken off at some point. Given that this field appears to be a crop field, it's not unthinkable to me that a combine, plow or drag might have accidentally done that kind of damage.

Also, for me this picture is useful in showing how a manhole connects to the piping it's meant to provide access to. JMO, but it seems to me that human remains would have to negotiate a hard right angle and significant reduction in diameter to even enter the water flow.

From the transcript:

“and they did find that there was a open manhole
13:55
cover. It wasn't just the cover it. Actually, the entire,
13:59
um, top of the manhole had been knocked off.”

===

Where Asst Chief Todd Green says the above, what does he mean by it? I guess I can’t picture what “the entire top had been knocked off” means.

Manhole cover, I think I understand. But what is meant by “the entire top”?
Maybe the metal surrounding the manhole cover, like the full grating or surrounding concrete area had been lifted?
In any case, it does sound as though Caleb might possibly have fallen in.
IMG_2455.jpeg
IMG_2457.jpeg

Last edited:
I was just wondering about Caleb’s phone. If he accidentally fell in, I wonder if his phone over the 4 month period would have been destroyed and corroded by the chemicals?

Don’t know if it’s just me— I am not getting the audio, even when open in YouTube?
Working for me.

Partial transcript:
1:19
After draining the well, nothing was found,
1:22
but that would change in late June when there was a jam in
1:24
the wells lift pump believed to be caused by a human bone.
1:28
The, the likely scenario was that those remains were in a uh a 15 inch
1:33
um
1:35
sewage pipe
1:36
and the
1:38
rain from tropical storm storm Alberto was,
1:41
it was just a couple of days before that discovery
1:44
uh pushed that, that uh those remains through the system.
1:49
Um and ended up in that location.
1:51
Investigators still don't have a cause or manner of
1:53
death and police say that's likely to remain undetermined
1:57
and the lack of signs of foul play could be that the body was just too decomposed.
2:02
It was pretty much just skeletal remains for the most part.

Working for me.

Partial transcript:
1:19
After draining the well, nothing was found,
1:22
but that would change in late June when there was a jam in
1:24
the wells lift pump believed to be caused by a human bone.
1:28
The, the likely scenario was that those remains were in a uh a 15 inch
1:33
um
1:35
sewage pipe
1:36
and the
1:38
rain from tropical storm storm Alberto was,
1:41
it was just a couple of days before that discovery
1:44
uh pushed that, that uh those remains through the system.
1:49
Um and ended up in that location.
1:51
Investigators still don't have a cause or manner of
1:53
death and police say that's likely to remain undetermined
1:57
and the lack of signs of foul play could be that the body was just too decomposed.
2:02
It was pretty much just skeletal remains for the most part.
Thanks for that!

@Centaurus, thank you for the map. I can't recall any discussion surrounding this open manhole. Was this reported to the CCPD at the time?

I can't conceive how LE and these numerous search organizations could have missed an open manhole in a field so close to his apartment. You would think *someone* would have reported this.
Few things about the open manhole covers and locked lift stations…

For the open manhole, it’s possible a person or worker noticed it was open quickly after the incident (before anything was public) and they closed it without thinking much. Or, after the story became public, a worker realizes “oh *advertiser censored*, I think there was an open manhole/ unlocked lift station…better go and fix that before I get blamed for the accident”

I can certainly see a situation involving a bit of backtracking to cover a negligent act.

I know people like to speculate, and someone running around Corpus Christi abducting and murdering young adult males is certainly a more interesting story…but so far there is almost nothing suggesting this to be the case (at least what has been released to the public).

I guess we’ll have to wait and see if the investigation turns up anything.

I know people like to speculate, and someone running around Corpus Christi abducting and murdering young adult males is certainly a more interesting story…but so far there is almost nothing suggesting this to be the case (at least what has been released to the public).
SBM
Agreed. I think LE would say something about foul play being investigated at this point, if it were true. Yes, the investigation is still open, but that’s just the norm. It doesn’t seem as though they have any leads pointing to foul play. I may be proven wrong, but I don’t think so.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel
Back