Found Deceased TX - Caleb Harris, 21, Texas A&M University student, Corpus Christi, 4 Mar 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
AUG 7, 2024
While the missing persons case for Caleb Harris has been closed, Corpus Christi Police Assistant Police Chief Todd Green said the investigation into his death is still active.

Green said that police essentially had to work backwards in their investigation. Normally, in more traditional cases police have blood, bullet casings or even a body to help establish evidence, which is why they ruled out foul play.

[...]

Green said the results of the autopsy report showed that there were no serious injuries to Harris' body.

"No major broken bones, fractures; there were some damages to parts of the body," he said.

[...]

I don't fault any parent for grasping at straws when it comes to the types of deaths like those of Caleb and Riley, or any death that seems undetermined. It just leaves you hanging, wondering forever, if someone literally got away with murder. I think the rational part of your brain gets suppressed by the emotional part because you can't comprehend that your child may have been the architect of their own misfortune. I think the same thing happened with the families of the three men who were found frozen to death after a fentanyl overdose. (Although, in that case, I think maybe the families are not being entirely truthful about their deceased loved ones).
AGREE! I am fortunate (if you can call it that) that I know how my son died. Even though I know it was accidental, every now and then I am horrified when a fleeting spider walks across my soul and says, “maybe it wasn’t accidental…maybe VF had something to do with it.” I know it’s not true…or even rational…but I guess it’s the heart/mind/soul’s way of trying to find a REASON and someone to blame for the loss of your child and a pain that is essentially unable to bear.

I can’t imagine what it must be like to feel this every minute of every day when you truly DON’T KNOW how your child died.

AGREE! I am fortunate (if you can call it that) that I know how my son died. Even though I know it was accidental, every now and then I am horrified when a fleeting spider walks across my soul and says, “maybe it wasn’t accidental…maybe VF had something to do with it.” I know it’s not true…or even rational…but I guess it’s the heart/mind/soul’s way of trying to find a REASON and someone to blame for the loss of your child and a pain that is essentially unable to bear.

I can’t imagine what it must be like to feel this every minute of every day when you truly DON’T KNOW how your child died.
I’m saddened to hear that you went through such pain.

Just thinking out loud: I remember years ago reading the story of a Canadian hockey player [Duncan McPherson] who disappeared in Europe. After about 14 years, his body was found. Police surmised that he’d been on a beginners snowboard slope in the Alpines, and had been injured and was waiting for help. Due to extremely heavy fog, someone driving a snowcat machine had run over and killed him, and hidden his body where it was later found in a melting glacier.

With regard to Caleb, I know people had also wondered about the fog and someone hitting him and hiding him. I am assuming that the autopsy has ruled this out completely. Just want to make sure I have that right.

Very interesting! And as you mentioned, sadly no testing for hallucinogens or shrooms.

I guess it’s another one of those details we will never learn? It could have explained any unusual behavior that evening or what might have led him into that field. ( shortcut? exploration? Hallucination? Photo op? , headed towards a meeting?)

I wonder what Caleb’s parents think may have happened? They apparently think it was foul play— do they have a specific person or scenario in mind? ( rhetorical question, I know none of us are privy to that at this point)
Regardless of the tox reports, I believe Caleb's roommates would have known or had their suspicions if he used any drugs that night. If so, I'm certain they would have shared that information with the family; any incentive to stay quiet to protect Caleb from "getting in trouble" is long gone now. Then, it's up to the family to share that information with the public or keep it to themselves. All that to say, we may never truly know if he was intoxicated, and that's okay.

I do believe that this case will continue to be investigated, perhaps for many years, until answers are found. If Caleb did fall into an open manhole, a wrongful death suit is almost guaranteed, so it's in the city and PD's best interests to rule that out as soon as they can - if possible.

Just thinking out loud: I remember years ago reading the story of a Canadian hockey player [Duncan McPherson] who disappeared in Europe. After about 14 years, his body was found. Police surmised that he’d been on a beginners snowboard slope in the Alpines, and had been injured and was waiting for help. Due to extremely heavy fog, someone driving a snowcat machine had run over and killed him, and hidden his body where it was later found in a melting glacier.

With regard to Caleb, I know people had also wondered about the fog and someone hitting him and hiding him. I am assuming that the autopsy has ruled this out completely. Just want to make sure I have that right.
They said they tracked down all the vehicles in the area that night. When someone is hit by a car, there’s almost always signs left behind (car pieces, blood, etc).

Someone would have to hit him, leave no trace, then miraculously find that open manhole that even law enforcement didn’t know existed at the time.

His body also apparently showed no signs of something like that.

I’m completely sold on this being an unfortunate accident, but I’d just love to know why he was out there, and what exactly happened.

Does anyone know if alcohol would’ve been picked up on the tox?

IIRC he and his friends were drinking until around 1/2am?

Perhaps he didn’t drink that much and was sober at the time of his passing?

MOO x

They said they tracked down all the vehicles in the area that night. When someone is hit by a car, there’s almost always signs left behind (car pieces, blood, etc).

Someone would have to hit him, leave no trace, then miraculously find that open manhole that even law enforcement didn’t know existed at the time.

His body also apparently showed no signs of something like that.

I’m completely sold on this being an unfortunate accident, but I’d just love to know why he was out there, and what exactly happened.
I’ve never known your information or instincts to be wrong! ;)
I’m afraid we may never know, unfortunately. But here’s to hoping that they can piece together the likely scenario.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drella444
Back