Deceased/Not Found TX - Candice Shields, 20, pregnant, Graham, 10 Dec 2011 *J. Thornburg guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/2...e-young-pregnant-woman-unusual/#ixzz1kc2QgrzI

Thanks for the Fox Link! Police are saying in that link that she did get a phone call that night. That had to be the call that made her leave her house and meet up with someone. They aren't releasing who yet. Why did she leave her phone?

I think I can answer my own question on the phone. I think she met someone she knew outside, the same person she talked to that night on her last call and planned to just run out there and talk to he, she or them. She expected to just chat for a few minutes and run back in. It makes since why she would leave her door unlocked and why she'd go out in her pajamas without her cell MOO.

Candice Shields, 20, was last seen on the night of Dec. 10 at her grandparents' home in Graham, Texas, Lt. James "Jim" Reeves of the Graham Police Department told FoxNews.com. She was reported missing by her family on Dec. 15.
Reeves said cellphone records indicate Shields used her phone to make a call from the home at around 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 11. Her cellphone was left at the residence she shared with her grandparents, he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/2...e-young-pregnant-woman-unusual/#ixzz1khjNDiEN

Why is this info just getting out? I am still frustrated that there seems to be no coverage on this case. I do not think she just decided to run away, leaving her purse and cell and everything behind....Almost every time this scenario happens, it ends badly. We need to know who she called. It may be that simple, hopefully LE is following up and not just assuming she left on her own.

Maybe it has already been stated, but why wait 5 days to report her missing?

Her current bf, per fb, claimed he loved her and implied he was the father of the baby she is carrying. He posted 1 blurb on fb, moved out of town, and has never even contacted CS's family. Seems a bit fishy to me. I wonder if that call was made to him or someone he knows. I am sure there are clues in text records or private fb messages that lead LE to discover whom she may have met late that night.

Her current bf, per fb, claimed he loved her and implied he was the father of the baby she is carrying. He posted 1 blurb on fb, moved out of town, and has never even contacted CS's family. Seems a bit fishy to me. I wonder if that call was made to him or someone he knows. I am sure there are clues in text records or private fb messages that lead LE to discover whom she may have met late that night.

Whoa, I had no idea he moved out of town. I would think he would contact the parents, even if he had never met them. If not out of concern for his girlfriend, at least out of concern for his unborn child. You would think he would call and ask how they are, have they heard anything, can they think of where she would go or who she would go with, are there any leads, and if there's anything he can do to help bring his unborn child home. Unless, he doesn't want the unborn child to come home. :(

I think he is more concerned about the superbowl then Candice and the baby.

Candice Shields, 20, was last seen on the night of Dec. 10 at her grandparents' home in Graham, Texas, Lt. James "Jim" Reeves of the Graham Police Department told FoxNews.com. She was reported missing by her family on Dec. 15.
Reeves said cellphone records indicate Shields used her phone to make a call from the home at around 2:30 a.m. on Dec. 11. Her cellphone was left at the residence she shared with her grandparents, he said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/2...e-young-pregnant-woman-unusual/#ixzz1khjNDiEN

Why is this info just getting out? I am still frustrated that there seems to be no coverage on this case. I do not think she just decided to run away, leaving her purse and cell and everything behind....Almost every time this scenario happens, it ends badly. We need to know who she called. It may be that simple, hopefully LE is following up and not just assuming she left on her own.

It is super interesting that she made a call at 2:30.....I have wondered since the beginning if she went outside to meet up with someone to talk, which would explain leaving the back door unlocked if she wasn't "leaving", per se, but stepping out. I'd sure like to know who she called!

Whoa, I had no idea he moved out of town. I would think he would contact the parents, even if he had never met them. If not out of concern for his girlfriend, at least out of concern for his unborn child. You would think he would call and ask how they are, have they heard anything, can they think of where she would go or who she would go with, are there any leads, and if there's anything he can do to help bring his unborn child home. Unless, he doesn't want the unborn child to come home. :(

I think he is more concerned about the superbowl then Candice and the baby.

I had no idea he had moved out of town, either. I can't believe that with all the talk of her boyfriend that has come up on here since this thread was started that I never thought of this, but I just went and checked something - could be something, or nothing:
According to her fb, she got in a relationship with JT on 9/29. She went missing on 12/10-12/11 (about 2 months & 10 days later), and since the beginning her family said she was 3 months pregnant. Her fb also reveals another relationship that seems to have ended around the beginning of September - there appear to be accusations of her cheating on that bf being thrown around. The only mention I have seen of her unborn baby's father was by JT referring to Candice as the "future mother of his child". I wonder if by the dates, he was not the baby's father, or if that may have been in question??

Maybe it has already been stated, but why wait 5 days to report her missing?

Well, technically, it was four days. Grandpa didn't discover her missing until the morning of Dec. 11. But I agree... why not report it that day? Unless they just thought she had left without telling them and would show up in a few days.

Her facebook page is a good source of information for what was going on in her life in the five days leading up to her disappearance.

Look at the links to the two songs she shared, read the written lyrics. I think she identifies with them and is expressing what she is feeling. Her Mom said (Roth Radio Show) JT was offered a job in another city. Candice and he agreed he should move and take it. That was the point when she moved in with her Grandparents.

On December 9th, Candice posts " ive never been spy in my life". I wonder what that means? Is someone saying she is spying on someone and she is responding to that accusation?

December 10th, she posts about needing a car, asking if anyone knows of one to text or message her, she needs some help. And her last and final post is ... idk wat to do anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002460535214&sk=wall

The way the investigation is being conducted baffles me. It seems clear that Candice's cell phone, computer/facebook account may hold the key to her disappearance.

Well, technically, it was four days. Grandpa didn't discover her missing until the morning of Dec. 11. But I agree... why not report it that day? Unless they just thought she had left without telling them and would show up in a few days.

Candice's Mom stated that she had taken off for a couple of days in the past, but that she would eventually call and let someone know where she was.
Speaking from memory, may not be verbatim what she said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1jkrq6qD_4&feature=youtu.be

She also writes that she can't sleep, can someone help her, and then her last post, that she doesn't know what to do anymore. It sounds like her mind was really in a bad place, or her life was...or both. JMO

Her facebook page is a good source of information for what was going on in her life in the five days leading up to her disappearance.

Look at the links to the two songs she shared, read the written lyrics. I think she identifies with them and is expressing what she is feeling. Her Mom said (Roth Radio Show) JT was offered a job in another city. Candice and he agreed he should move and take it. That was the point when she moved in with her Grandparents.

On December 9th, Candice posts " ive never been spy in my life". I wonder what that means? Is someone saying she is spying on someone and she is responding to that accusation?

December 10th, she posts about needing a car, asking if anyone knows of one to text or message her, she needs some help. And her last and final post is ... idk wat to do anymore.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002460535214&sk=wall

The way the investigation is being conducted baffles me. It seems clear that Candice's cell phone, computer/facebook account may hold the key to her disappearance.

I couldn't agree more. It seems unlikely that there was so much "turmoil" apparent in the way she was feeling at the time she went missing, and that it would be unrelated. I believe there's something there...someone she talked to that night, someone she was interacting with on fb, etc. that holds the key to her disappearance. I do not believe for one second that she is missing by choice, nor do I believe that her disappearance is totally random and unrelated to someone that was in her life in some way.

I too have wondered about the "spy" comment on her page and agree that it seems as though she may be responding to an accusation someone else may have made that she was "spying" on someone.

I wonder if "spy" was a typo for something else...it doesn't make any sense to me...

I had no idea he had moved out of town, either. I can't believe that with all the talk of her boyfriend that has come up on here since this thread was started that I never thought of this, but I just went and checked something - could be something, or nothing:
According to her fb, she got in a relationship with JT on 9/29. She went missing on 12/10-12/11 (about 2 months & 10 days later), and since the beginning her family said she was 3 months pregnant. Her fb also reveals another relationship that seems to have ended around the beginning of September - there appear to be accusations of her cheating on that bf being thrown around. The only mention I have seen of her unborn baby's father was by JT referring to Candice as the "future mother of his child". I wonder if by the dates, he was not the baby's father, or if that may have been in question??

BBM - Snooping around a bit on her exbf fb, I noticed that his sister seemed to take it very personally that CS cheated on her brother. She wrote some rude things about her, and also it seems she may have even hacked into CS's fb account to post something rude at one point. Looking further into the exbf sisters account, she mentions something about "Stupid girls trying to pin babies on men that don't belong to them...it makes me mad. If your such a sl*t that you have no idea who the father of your child is, there's a problem. You know? Trying to pin it on someone just to mess up their life ain't cool.." She wrote that comment on Dec 6th.

It doesn't name any names, but I have a strong feeling she is talking about CS.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981070972

In this article, they are saying that JT's ex threatened CS. I remember reading that rumor somewhere, but don't have any proof. They also point out that after her last fb post, she friended someone. Could mean nothing....could mean everything. I wish LE would release some info on this case.

My hunch at this time points to her current bf. Something about his perceived lack of involvement and concern makes me uncomfortable. Maybe he was out of town and has an alibi, but it seems like her ex is more concerned than her current bf.

Her case was talked about on local radio here in the Dallas area....police are stumped and are hoping more exposure will generate some tips.

Her case was talked about on local radio here in the Dallas area....police are stumped and are hoping more exposure will generate some tips.

Where is the exposure? No new articles, or blogs or even FB info. What ever happened to the Nancy Grace coverage? I think it is odd that there isn't more info, maybe everyone just gave up.

I agree this case is odd, it's like no one cares :eek:( I'm wondering about Candice's ex-boyfriend, the one who's sister was posting on CS's FB page. She offered at least two threats.

I agree this case is odd, it's like no one cares :eek:( I'm wondering about Candice's ex-boyfriend, the one who's sister was posting on CS's FB page. She offered at least two threats.

Well, there does seem to be possible motive in his case. Apparently she cheated on him, "broke his heart", then left town and was in love with her current bf in about a month or less.

Then there were the angry comments made by the ex's sister, and her Dec 6th post that suggests that CS may have told her ex the baby was his. This caused all sorts of problems I'm sure. I am guessing she wasn't thought of too highly by her ex or his sister at the time she went missing.

But then there is her current bf. He just had a kid. He also was, (is?) married. he might not have been too fond of the idea of having another baby. Or there might have been someone in his life that didn't like CS barging onto the scene and then being pregnant. So there is possibly motive there. I just wish they would leak some info about the call she made that night. Place some public pressure on someone.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finch5800
Back