TX - Cash Gernon, 4, found dead in street w/multiple wounds, Dallas, 15 May 2021 #2 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DB, Persona Non Grata?
Some think the Dec. attempted abduction of 2 y/o close by prompted Monica S., to ban DB from her home. That – a ban - would a natural reaction from many of us, but that attempt was even before twins were living (starting in Feb?) at her house. Did she issue the ban later, for something else?

<modsnip>
Nothing certain here, maybe not even likely, just possibilities, which may or may not be relevant or change anything. my2ct

I don't know anything about a December attempted abduction so I'm thinking you're talking about the February attempt against a 2 yo? :)

Feb attempted abduction of a 2 yo: Suspect in Cash Gernon case allegedly grabbed another toddler

Last edited by a moderator:
And there are a lot of ring videos and witnesses, showing DB looking into cars and backyards and messing with the cameras and even attempting to snatch a child--and he is always seen ALONE AFAIK.

So why would he suddenly have a partner in crime now?
I hope some of those neighbors also have him alone on their cameras carrying little Cash outside that night, I don’t know how they wouldn’t.
Just because they didn’t sell their video to the Daily Mail doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

That is the job of a defence attorney. If he did not try to get his client off or get the best deal for him, a conviction could be overturned for the reason of an inadequate defence.

I never implied that it was an inadequate defense or that he wasn't doing his job. My statement was more in the spirit of saying it would be more believable (and in a sense fairer to Cash Gernon) if DB already had a formal diagnosis.

Because it seems that he (the attorney) is looking to get a formal diagnosis NOW, it gives the appearance of lessening the severity of what happened. This is all part of his job, but -and I say this having worked with attorneys and being closely related to attorneys so it's a personal feeling- his intent isn't just proving DB's innocence, but also his naivete...making him a poster boy for how the system fails.

Yes, the system fails. Yes, DB might have had a long history of issues that resulted in mediocre intervention from the system, parental frustration, and so on and so forth, but...based on whatever each person experiences through their lifetime everyone is basically operating on a "there but for the grace of God go I". DB deserves the best defense possible, and a responsible attorney that will look after his rights, but I -and this is personal, of course- would much rather see that the system failure is already documented and not documented for the sake of a legal defense.

That's just my two cents worth of opinion. I'm new here, and I have a lot to learn, obviously.

DB Banned.
Why?

Did Monica ban DB from her house after learning that DB had acted inappropriately (<-- my hypothetical or spec) w one or both twins? Did she eye or ear witness something herself or learn of it from a household member or guest? At 4 y/o, how verbal were they, and what did the twins tell Monica about DB, if anything?

When?
Some think DB's Feb. attempted abduction of 2 y/o close-by prompted Monica S., to ban DB from her home. A natural reaction but that attempt may have been before (iirc) twins were staying (starting in Feb before Dad moved in?) at her house. Did she issue the ban later for something else?
Nothing certain here, just possibilities, which may or may not be relevant or change the case in any way. my2ct

DB Banned.
Why?

Did Monica ban DB from her house after learning that DB had acted inappropriately (<-- my hypothetical or spec) w one or both twins? Did she eye or ear witness something herself or learn of it from a household member or guest? At 4 y/o, how verbal were they, and what did the twins tell Monica about DB, if anything?

When?
Some think DB's Feb. attempted abduction of 2 y/o close-by prompted Monica S., to ban DB from her home. A natural reaction but that attempt may have been before (iirc) twins were staying (starting in Feb before Dad moved in?) at her house. Did she issue the ban later for something else?
Nothing certain here, just possibilities, which may or may not be relevant or change the case in any way. my2ct

It could be that MS realized, like her daughter had, that DB was a "creep". Even DB called himself a creep in the vid of him (likely, IMHO) about to take Carter for the same fate that Cash incurred. Maybe she realized that although she had opened her house up to him at one point, thinking she could help him, she realized she was in way over her head and that there was nothing she could do to help him.

Seems that he needed professional help and not just letting someone stay at your house. My guess is either he didn't like staying at home, or his parents were getting fussy (rightfully so) about his clandestine activities. I could totally understand him wanting to get out from under his parents. I was once his age and I couldn't WAIT to get out of the house. I thought about emancipation at 15 (although I had no clue where I'd go or how I'd pay for anything). lol I just wanted out BAD. And on the flipside... I'm pretty sure my parents couldn't wait for me to leave too. lol

DB Banned.
Why?

When?
Keep in mind that Sherrod was not a stranger to the young twins when they moved in, she had cared for the twins previously in her home, or at least she is on the record as saying so.

An autopsy details the gruesome findings, it does not establish who killed a victim.
The point I am making is that LE- neither Dallas PD or FBI have sufficient evidence, after 26 days, to sustain a murder charge. He is arraigned for kidnapping and burglary. Period.
Or you explain, please, how DB mosied on in, scooped Cash out of bed, sauntered out through an entire rainy neighborhood, carried him out to somewhere around 7500 Saddleback to kill him, cleaned up, changed clothes, strangely seems to have gone to the house of horrors again, left and went someplace or places for 15 hours until he was arrested.
And no evidence was found at his residence to support a murder charge. A charge. They still can’t sustain a charge because they don’t have sufficient evidence to convince a DA.
This kindof mastermind thing just doesn’t seem to fit DB’s profile as painted so far, that of a burglar, flipped out flasher.
Where he was for those 15 hours is probably what a big part of the investigation is about. And someone else and a car or bike or motorcycle involved.
Nobody said there was a trail of blood in the street or sidewalk between the trail and the intersection of Saddleridge and Wood Homestead Drive, did they? How did he get there in the middle os the street?
I'm been pondering why he was found in the middle of the street. Thinking that maybe he was actually killed there. Maybe the stabbing started in the woods but he managed to escape and tried to run but was caught in the middle of the street and his murderer finished him off there. Murderer couldn't risk him getting away. JMO

Possibly but not necessarily. I just read that section of the affidavit and it says "surveillance videos" (plural). It could be someone not careful with their wording or it means more than the 1 video that we know about. I think they found evidence on the trail (blood) which is why they know about that. It doesn't take a cam to verify that Cash was taken to that trail. His fresh blood at that site could be enough.

<modsnip>
Dallas PD also confirmed at the community meeting that multiple residents in the area turned over video surveillance from that night and they were able to follow DB's movement. That's why the affidavit is worded that way, JMO. It's specific for a reason. They also confirmed at the meeting that DB is the only suspect. You can also find video of the community meeting on YouTube under the title "Councilman C. Thomas & Chief E. Garcia Community meeting about Cash".

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
TG had court June 16, 2021. Some of his charges were dismissed, or deferred.

| Search Our Records

Attachments

• 1harrs1png.png
    1harrs1png.png
    354.4 KB · Views: 366
  • 164Screenshot 2021-06-17 153310.jpg
    164Screenshot 2021-06-17 153310.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 1553Screenshot 2021-06-17 145255 (2).jpg
    1553Screenshot 2021-06-17 145255 (2).jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 1625323348564893452354379-account_id=1 (1).jpg
    1625323348564893452354379-account_id=1 (1).jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 34
  • jun166202088978_10219294922231894_2446781741206138600_n.jpg
    jun166202088978_10219294922231894_2446781741206138600_n.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 33
1harrs1png-png.301091

So in November of 2020 he was charges with possession of a controlled substance:

The POCS PG1 4g-200g is shorthand for a Possession of Controlled Substance charge.
He is being charged with possessing a drug that is listed on the Penalty Group 1 table of the Texas Controlled Substances Act (typically cocaine or methamphetamines), in an amount between 4 grams to 200 grams. This felony level offense is classified as a 2nd degree felony under the laws of the State of Texas. This means the statutory range of punishment is confinement in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Institutional Division (prison) for a minimum of 2 years to a maximum of 20 years. Plus a fine of up to $10,000.00.

"Curiosa20 said:
... Not to mention the discovery and LE possession of bloody clothes and a murder weapon...."

@Curiosa20 Thx for your post. sbm Maybe I missed it but not not recall LE or MSM saying LE recovered bloody clothes associated w abduction.
Link pls? Anyone? TiA.
@Curiosa20

Curiosa20. Did I miss the response to this? (it is possible) TiA

According to an arrest warrant, investigators searched Brown's room after Gernon was found dead. They collected an Adidas zipper hoodie, a pair of shoes, and a pair of dark-colored sunglasses and sent the items to the lab.

Police documents state that all three items tested positive for Gernon's blood.

Blood of Cash Gernon found on Darriynn Brown's clothing, DPD says | wfaa.com

This is all simply my opinion. The last few nights I couldn't sleep thinking of little Cash. This is certainly one case I could never sit on a jury, my gut tells me this crime was committed due to anger. To stab a person, especially a little child is rage, anger, IMO.

Then for DB to go back for the little brother, DB, IMO was going to eliminate the reason DB was not allowed in the house any longer. Stabbing is so personable. Then to carry Cash back out to the open street, I feel DB wanted his dirty deed to be highly noticed.

DB's history tells me he has no respect for human life other than his own, he will get his way no matter what. He has no respect for others or their property, it's all about him.

My heart goes out to all that loved sweet Cash.

1harrs1png-png.301091

So in November of 2020 he was charges with possession of a controlled substance:

The POCS PG1 4g-200g is shorthand for a Possession of Controlled Substance charge.
He is being charged with possessing a drug that is listed on the Penalty Group 1 table of the Texas Controlled Substances Act (typically cocaine or methamphetamines), in an amount between 4 grams to 200 grams. This felony level offense is classified as a 2nd degree felony under the laws of the State of Texas. This means the statutory range of punishment is confinement in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice - Institutional Division (prison) for a minimum of 2 years to a maximum of 20 years. Plus a fine of up to $10,000.00.
I, for one, am not surprised to see meth come up in this case, but the document says, "Case (Cause) Status: Dismissed".

I’d to hear from the source, but if it’s fair to speculate, if law enforcement was called by anyone, that he was pointedly given an option or even actively discouraged from pressing charges. That behavior by Brown as described is bizarre enough to suggest mental illness, and considering his youth and his issues it was viewed with some “mercy” (in the end merciful to no one, not even Brown) as a psychiatric or mental handicap issue, with him taken away and restored to his folks and treatment, sufficing. Not to mention the headache and expense along with guilty feelings for throwing a mentally off kid in jail.

Does that seem plausible? I hope the person speaks out about it.

Exactly my thoughts. I was looking for this answer, scrolling through the posts, and here it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissBets